Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• my advise is to invest a couple of more thousand and get a 2013 GLS. It has more features and feel is great compared to 2010. In MD, you should be able to get the vehicle OTD 18500, may be a couple of hundred dollars more depending on the dealership location. Hyundai had a low apr with $500 rebate for all customers last month. I am not sure if the promotion is still around. I am sure great promotions about to come around the holidays/new year. If you can wait, wait. 2010 Elantra SE is not bad either. It's just a matter of $18,500 vs $15,500 and 2013 vs 2010.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,576
    Absolutely agree...go with a brand new one if possible. Carmax has high prices to begin with...way too high! Buy new and get all the latest features and a car with no history. I've done both the used and new route and think the new route is the way to go unless $ is a big issue. Right now I drive a '06 Civic which I bought new and even though I also wanted a used luxo car that had like 20k on it for about the same price, am very glad I didn't go that route.
    Please, think very carefully on this before you pull the trigger as the new Elantra is such a better car!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Hi. I agree with what the other two posters said. Besides, there have been lots of reports of bad transmissions with the 2010 Elantra's. And I'm one of them, my 2010 Elantra tranny went out two months after I bought it new.
  • Guys,
    bought 2013 Elantra GLS A/T without additional features for OTD price $17200. Do you think I got a great deal?
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    is this the elantra without the preffered package and just the gls with auto??what was the price before TTT....
  • Steven, yes its without the preferred package, just GLS with Auto. Not sure what you mean by TTT Price. It cost me $17200 in total, including all taxes, fees and interest charges for 36 months @ 0.9% rate
    when i asked what was your price before TTT i meant what was your final negotiated price before tax,tag,and title fees...
  • oh ok..sorry, I am new to these terminologies..anyways, final price was $15.5K and then they offered me $500 rebate so it was $15K
  • docmddocmd Posts: 6
    17200 OD sounds like a very good price. I have a quote for the 2013 Elantra GLS with the preferred package (automatic) for 18200 (OTD). I thought this was a reasonable price and I want to get the car today. Any last minute thoughts and wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for all your advice.

Best regards,

TR
    $15,000.00 is a steal for a 2013 elantra gls..how did you get that deal???
  • Yes, thats an awesome price, how and where did you get it.
  • docmd , thats a great price from what I have seen so far. where are you getting this ?
  • I bought a 2013 Elantra Limited with tech package in November for 22,200
    6.5% tax
    250 Doc Fee

Details:
    2013 Elantra Limited Harbor Grey With Tech Package

Leather Interior
    Auto Dimming Mirror
    Bumper Applique
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    First Aid Kit
    Mud Guards
  • bob225bob225 Posts: 46
    Same package. I have a quote for 22,949 and 500 more off if I take the financing.

Sticker is 24,550

Tax/title seperate no trade.
  • guileastosguileastos Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hi everyone,

Please tell me if I got a good deal?

Hyundai Elantra GLS with:
    1. Preferred package
    2. Carpet floor mats
    3. Cargo net
    3. Auto-dimming rearview mirror

(All of the above were standard on their Elantras and so I couldn't find just a base model.)

for Base $18,000 + TTL + 2.9% financing with $500 rebate which came up to about $20,457.40

Thanks

P.s. They told me it was tinted but it turned out not to be so they'll do that for free.
  • Hi there cwoods97. Is the price 22,200 before taxes and doc fees? What did you get as your final price before taxes and doc fees? Would you mind breaking down the price? Like what your price including destination fee and options was, then documentation fee and if that document fee is the title stuff or just the dealers doc fee, any rebates (and not the tax since we all have different state taxes). Thanks so much for your help.
  • temp3temp3 Posts: 1
    17200 + ttl
    19038 otd

1000 off the price of 18200 in incentives.

from capital hyundai in san jose, ca. they were good to deal with, very easy.
  • Window sticker was like $24,900

$500 off instant rebate for Hyundai Financing
    $500 loyalty rebate (or something like that)

$22,200 + 6.5 tax + 1443 + 250.00 Doc fee
    Total Paid = $23893
  • ccostanccostan Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Probably not the best deal out there but wanted to share since I found this forum really useful and informative.

Sticker : $22,155 Mats, First Aid Kit & Rear Spoiler

22137.25 + 8.25% tax + 229.50 (Title,Plates,DMV) + 75 Doc fee

OTD Paid : 23157.25 (Zero Down / 60 Month finance)
    Plaza Hyundia in Brooklyn, NY.
  • docmddocmd Posts: 6
    Folks- I just picked up my Elantra GLS 2013 today. It is an auto transmission and black in color. I got the preferred package on it. Extra options were auto dimming with home link and ipod cable. The sticker price was 19670. I got two rebates ie the financing through Hyundai one and the other was something they called a competing car rebate. My other car is a CRV. At the end of the day, the OTD price was 17545. I was quite happy with the purchase and did almost all of the negotiating through email.

I found a lot of useful advice from this forum and wanted to share my experience.

Best,

TR-73