Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sparklandsparkland Posts: 108
    We don't have competitor vehicle here in Colorado on the Elantra, but we do have it on the Sonata hybrid. We get $1500 for Hyundai financing. Good deal for you.
  • ltlladyltllady Posts: 27
    Just curious, what is an American name? Is there a list of these names?
    So close to a deal on the Elantra limited sedan with leather for $16,500 including my trade-in of $1000. Essentially this car is discounted $5500 with a MSRP of $22475, so not too shabby.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    were there any rebates involved to get this really low price???...I paid $18,100.00 last year for a 2013 elantra gls with the preffered package and a few other goodies.your deal smokes my deal...
  • soxthedogsoxthedog Posts: 2
    That could be a bad trade in price to make up for the steep discount on the elantra price.
    edited May 2013
    I think the deal was great. We traded in a 1997 Toyota Camry with 170,000 miles in fair condition and bought the silver Elantra Limited with black leather. The car has the normal "limited" equipment including moonroof and fancy wheels but no navigation.

The MSRP was actually $22,390 because there were a couple of small items included on the marone sticker. The price of the car before the trade-in stood at $17,006. These numbers included a $1500 financing rebate from Hyundai.

Details: MSRP $22,390
    Discount -3,884
    Rebate -1,500
    Sale Price 17,006

This price does not include dealer handling of $499 or tax and license fees. We were pleased with the deal since we got $5,384 off including the rebate. Then we got the $1,000 for our trade to make the final price $16,006.

We love Toyota's and Honda's but they both were in the $20,000 range for a comparable car with leather--Corolla and Civic. Hopefully the Elantra will perform to our expectations. :D :D
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,629
    Looks like you got a great deal, even with the $499 dealer "fee" which brings your effective price before trade and T&L to $17.5k. The KBB trade-in value in my area for a Camry LE 2.2L with no options and 170k miles in "good" condition is $1200, so looks like you got a good deal on your trade also if it was only in "fair" condition per KBB's yardstick.
  • danyc1danyc1 Posts: 11
    Was just quoted $0 upfront payment inclusive of all taxes (6.35% CT state tax) and fees and $286/month for 3 yr/36k miles for the Limited.

MSRP: 22,210
    Selling price: 20,700
    Net cap cost (incl taxes/fees): 21,700
    MF: 0.00153
    Residual Value: 63%

I received 3 other quotes, and after pushing back, this was still the best ($293 was next best with all fees/taxes capitalized).

Feel like its a fair deal, but any other thoughts/data points welcome before I pull the trigger. I was not eligible for any incentives.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    My only comment is that the current money factor on a camry is .00001, although I realize it's a totally different car. Although the 4 cylinders get about the same gas mileage in both. Plus I thionk there's some rebates with the camry. Any way, I suspect you could get a much more loaded camry for the same payment and out of pocket. My lease is up in a few months and i too am debating between the camry/accord size cars, and the compact elantra/mazda3/civic cars. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    If you're willing to drive a couple hours, check with Towne Hyundai in Denville, NJ. It's 100 miles from Trumbull, CT. Back in '07 we saved $5400 (from list price) buying from them. Pretty good for a 200 mile round trip.
  • phxdavephxdave Posts: 3
    Looks like a great price to me, ca. $500 better than I can get in Phoenix now.
    GLS Auto, Preferred, Homelink, mats..MSRP is : $20,050.00, sell $17000 but than add one package fees incl. $400 doc fee OTD $19,800
    Sale tax is around 9% here.

Would like to get it down $500.
  • therockettherocket Posts: 11
    got it on memorial day. GLS with preferred package. 18000 OTD with 3k down payment. I'm in Georgia.
  • litesong2litesong2 Posts: 23
    edited June 2013
    Year & a half ago, I had tried to find a manual at a deal, with no luck, & stopped looking. Out of the Blue, heard the Hyundai dealer had just moved a few miles & had a 'grand opening' with the normal auto dealer 'suck-in the sucker' ads. But I played a sucker & wandered in a day late, asking Ray if they had any low-ball ad GLS cars left. He said yes they did, expecting one with a color I hated, & no accessory packages. He led me to the red GLS, the only color I did love.

For $15,450, I had to accept the extra Preferred Package, carpeted floor mats, auto dimming mirror, mudflaps, auto tranny & a few other things. Never the one to hurry a purchase, I bought hurriedly & never looked back.
  • SrikzquestSrikzquest Posts: 10
    Thanks to all the forum members and for all the information...

I bought a new 2013 Elantra Gt including Style & Tech Package with the below pricing

OTR Price:

23,200 (Sale Price + 7% RI Sales Tax + whooping 599 Doc fees + TTL)
    + 125 (registration)
    + 830 (2.9% interest paid over 36 months)

I was tricked for 125 in the last min even when initially they said 23200 is OTR price and they told me while I was signing that OTD doesn't include registration. I didn't agree with that but bought it anyway thinking that might be still a good deal as I already went thrice to the dealership in one week and I don't want to keep on going...

Does that price look good (for future reference...)
  • At Hanlees Fremont Hyundai in California
    MSRP: 19,905
    "Cash Price" after discounts: 18,215
    Rebate for using Hyundai financing: 1,500

Final Price (before TTL):16,715
    OTD Price: 18,706

I didn't really negotiate. The "Internet Manager" just gave us this price. I chose exactly the colors and options I wanted, and they brought the car in from a different dealer. He said I could have gotten a better deal if I bought a car they had on their lot. I tried to get the Honda dealer across the street to give me the same price on a Civic with about the same MSRP and they said no way.
  • yatescoryyatescory Posts: 1
    To the previous poster...

That is so funny! I was quoted exactly 18706 too! I wonder if they keep everything in a universal database or something. I haggled quite a bit and got the GLS automatic transmission with preferred options package, also the $80 cargo tray, $50 cargo net, and $110 carpeted mats for that price. That price did include a 152,00 mile trade in and included tax, license, everything else OTD price. I flat out told them the car was overheating and was going to blow a head gasket soon. I knew that because I took it to a mechanic and had it checked out before deciding to sell it because I knew it was on its last leg. They definitely did me a favor giving me the trade in value that they did. I did not opt. for the 1500 cash back though so that wasn't factored into the price. I would rather have the 0% APR.

I put 3500 down so we only owe a little over 15, 200 and my payments are only $254 a month. Hope this helps someone get a good deal!
  • gub34gub34 Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Just picked up a 2013 Elantra GLS w/ the Preferred Package in California. Thank you to all who shared their prices and buying experience. It was very helpful in setting my expectations at the dealership.

Details of my purchase:
    2013 Elantra GLS w/ Preferred Package
    Add-ons: floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray, first aid kit, mud guards, rear bumper protector, wheel locks

MSRP (sticker price): 17,965 + 1,120 (for PP & add-ons) = $18,810

negotiated cash price: 17,690
    rebate: -2,000 (loyalty & financing rebates)

final price (before TTL): 15,690
    OTD price (after TTL): 17609

Am very happy with the car. Only wishes are a quieter cabin (more road noise than expected at high speeds) and an auto-up power window.

Happy shopping everyone!
  • optipopoptipop Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your post. Looks like you got a great deal. I'm in California too and shopping for the same Elantra for my daughter. Do you mind telling me what dealer you purchased from?
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    my aunt Gertrude wanted the information.she's interested in the same car.
  • gub34gub34 Posts: 5
    Sorry for the delay, didn't see your message till now.

WIN Hyundai Carson and Cerritos Hyundai both offered me the same deal, so I would recommend checking out both dealerships if you haven't already. I found the buying experience to be very straight-forward at both dealerships. They weren't afraid to show you the actual numbers.