Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm being offered a price of $13,500 in NJ for a 2005 Elantra GLS Hatchback Auto with Pkg Opt 5 (cd upgrade and moonroof). Is this a reasonable price? I haven't mentioned my trade-in yet, which would be around $1,000. Thanks for any input! ;)
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,686
    If that is the price before tax and license and after the $1750 rebate, that is about $235 over invoice, which is pretty reasonable. Is that a negotiated price or their first offer? If it's their first offer, you might try offering invoice ($13,265) to see what they say. You might at least see if they will "throw in" the factory floor mats, since you'll want them anyway.
  • This is the price before tax and license and after rebate. This is their first offer, so I was figuring I could try and get something thrown in. Thanks for your help backy. I'll let you know what comes next.
  • Got my 2005 auto GT tidal blue hatchback with package 8 in December for $14650 OTD with $3000 in rebates. Mom just got a 2005 auto GT black sedan with package 8 for $14850 OTD with $2500 in rebates. What do you all think?
  • manu777manu777 Posts: 2
    thanks for ur reply i got the car :)
    I think that was really nice of Mom to get another Elantra to keep your hatchback company in the garage.

I also noted that Mom got a better deal than you did. ;)
  • gsklargsklar Posts: 8
    Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has the Edmund's TMV for a 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT with Package #8. Need it urgently. Thanks. Sunshine
    Hi Again,

Looking for the Edmund's TMV or CarsDirect quote on a 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT with Package #8 in NJ - zip 07095. Need it urgently.

Thanks.

Sunshine
    I assume you mean as a new car? As I recall, the sticker on that car, with automatic, was $17,414 when I bought it in '04. I also recall the invoice price was a tidbit over $16,000. So deduct the current rebates from that (see hyundaiusa.com), and if I were you I'd take some more off since it's a year old, and you have a starting price.

I don't think Edmunds has used car prices for '04s yet, if that's what you're looking for.
    Hi Backy,

I bought my 2004 Hyundai last year and agreed to pay 14,200 for the car alone. No tags, title, etc. Nothing was mentioned about rebates at the time of negotiation. I never bought a car before and when I got to the finance part, just the invoice price of the car was 16,740. I questioned it and got some mumbo-jumbo that they increase the car price to reflect the rebate which I would get back from
    the manufacturer. The bottom line is that the out the door price was 16,091. Is this a good price or did i get tricked. I seem to remember that the TMV was around 14,440 without the rebate. Sorry, it's a long story. Sunshine.
    $14,200 for the car, if it was a GT pkg 8 with automatic, before tax/license/fees may not have been a bad deal at all depending on the rebates in effect at the time. They vary a lot. Total rebates at the time of my purchase were $3000, including loyalty rebate and a regional auto show rebate. That, plus a 3-year maintenance package, put my price at $13,200 before tax/license/fees.
    Hi -

Here's the breakdown - I still don't understand it...

Price: $16,740
    Taxes, Doc, Title,, etc: $1351.40
    Total: $18,091.40
    Less $2000 rebate
    Total $16,091.40 out the door
    Sorry, I misunderstood you when you said you paid $14,200 for just the car.

Basically you paid about $740 (approximate) over invoice (invoice was about $16,000 on this car, assuming it's an automatic). Did the dealer say anything about "advertising fees"? Dealers in some areas tack this on, about $3-400, and say it's part of the invoice. Did they show you the invoice?

BTW, why are you asking this now? You already bought the car, right? Enjoy it!
    Hi -

No, I didn't look at the invoice. When I agreed to 14,200 I was happy thinking TMV was 14,440 before rebate. I threw those papers out and now I'm not sure if the 14something price was before or after rebate. I questioned the invoice and signed the invoice thinking I was going to get the cash rebate from manufacturer. So I asked Hyundai where was the rebate and they said they paid it to the dealer. I called the dealer and they said the 14,200 price was after rebate. Now I'm not sure. If I could get a copy of last year's TMV pricing or 2004 CarsDirect quote, I'd know and be a lot more comfortable. Thanks.
    Hi -

If anyone out there is thinking of buying a house but thinks it's too complicated, trust me, if you've bought a car you can buy a house.

Thanks.
    Based on your figures, you did not get $14,200 after rebate. More like $14,740 after rebate (but not quite due to tax effects). It's a little easier to figure in my state, where rebates are deducted before sales tax, license, and fees.
    Hello Again,

So overall you feel this was an acceptable price after rebate?

Thanks for your input. I do appreciate it.

Sunshine
    Sorry, I really can't answer that question--for you. Would I accept that price? No. But I live in a different market, where dealers don't charge the "advertising fee", and where market demand for Elantra GTs may be different than where you live.

I urge you to forget about this and move on. It's done. The time to ask these questions is before you sign the contract, not after.
    Hi Backy,

You're absolutely right.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Sunshine
  • dragodrago Posts: 10
    I just purchased an Elantra GT with Auto Transmission/Package 7 for $14,400.00
    No money down, after the Rebates I financed $12,335.00
    Paid $1200.00 in taxes/registration/smog here in California.
    Total price was $13,535.00
    :shades:
  • anon70anon70 Posts: 82
    the current rebates end May 2.

I plan to buy a car in June, and am looking at the Elantra.

do you think there will be rebates in june? if so, is it usually lower/higher/same as now?
    The $2250 rebate is on the 2004s--if you can find one. It's $1750 on the 2005s. Plus a $750 loyalty rebate on either. Plus other stuff.

Sure there will be rebates on Elantras in June... the question is, how much? With a new Elantra due within the next year or so, I can't imagine rebates going down much if at all on the current model, but who knows?
    what other stuff in addition to the rebate?

and is there a way to search for the location of 2004 elantras?
    http://www.hyundaiusa.com/Financing/Special_Programs/Special_Programs.asp

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/Financing/Special_Programs/College_Graduate_Program.asp

Some dealers have web sites with inventory. If not, just call your local dealers and ask them. They can do a search across the region to find a particular car also.
    thx

called a dealership in the DC area. no 2004 elantra's in the region
    The hatchback also has the same sport suspension and steering as on the GT, plus 4-wheel disc brakes like the GT, plus a special interior cloth that IMO is nicer than the sedan's cloth interior. All for just $300 more. Drive both the sedan and GT to see which one rides the best for you. The sedan has a softer, more comfortable ride, while the hatchback has cripser handling.
    doesnt maintanence cost go up because the rear brakes are disk?

or do they wear at the same rate as drum brakes?

also, sport suspension = rougher ride, but corners better?

crisper handling-> will i notice any difference if all i'm doing is changing lanes?