Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• spmrebelspmrebel Posts: 130
    Thats true. The MSRP between an 06 GT with all options (moonroof, ABS/TCS, Auto) and its closest equivalent 07 which would be the Limited (moonroof and sound package) is roughly 3K. Though the 07 is a newer design and to me the interior is much nicer I am not sure it is worth the 3K difference since the content between the 2 is very similar.
  • Hello,
    I am in the market to buy an Elantra GT hatchback. I was looking at used ones, but found a dealer that has 1 new 06 left. It is an AT, with no extra options (like ABS or sunroof). The invoice according to Edmunds is $15,692, and the dealer is offering a $1000 rebate. Now reading this forum, I see where people have gotten their cars for around $14,000. Would a dealer sell under invoice? Sorry, I'm new at the whole car buying experience. Just looking for some advice on what price to shoot for. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,784
    They MIGHT sell it under invoice, but with only one left and a desirable (for most people) AT, and no new Elantra hatchbacks coming anytime soon, this particular dealer may not sell this particular car at under invoice. The only way you'll know for sure is to make them a firm offer, say $14,000 before taxes and fees; tell them (in person) you WILL buy the car TODAY for that price. Then if they say "No" and let you drive away and don't call you back by the next day, you know they won't go that low.
  • Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I was also looking at a used '05 GT with AT with 13,000 miles, asking price $14,995. But if I can get a good deal on a new one with a full warranty, I'm all for it!
    Definitely go for the new one if you can get a good deal, since it will have the full warranty and you know it hasn't been abused.
  • Looking at an Elantra 07 GLS, First new car I've ever bought and want to know if I'm getting a good deal or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edmunds lists this car at invoice (w/ preferred package (A/C, C/D player, fog lamps, ect) and floor mats for $15,616. The dealer began negotations saying they would sell me the car at invoice, but then showed me an invoice which included a $530 advertising charge, for a total of $16,146. I agreed to this price, went in to seal the deal, where they added on an expected fee to transfer the title and plates ($95) and also a "Dealer Convienence Fee" ($300) which I hadn't seen before. add on taxes of $968 and I had an OTD price of $17,508. Is this a fair price? Or too high?
  • john_fjohn_f Posts: 30
    Please see my post # 1630 (and following 1631) for what looks like the same car. Your dealer is playing around.
  • The so called "Dealer Convienence Fee" is their pure profit. So basically they're adding $300 to your agreed price. I would ask them to remove the fee or walk out.
  • Im having a hard time deciding between a 07 Elantra and 07 Sonata

I got a Dealer quote for a 07 Elantra auto SE for $17,295 which is not including tax, title, etc.

As for the 07 Sonata auto GLS, i got a dealer quote for $17,200(including the $500 prefered package)

I was wondering which is a better deal and if i could get a better deal on the elantra. Please respond fast, i plan on buying either these two cars within a couple of days, Thank u all!
    The quote on the Elantra looks like MSRP unless there's other options on it besides the automatic. So not a good deal at all on the Elantra. But the quote on the Sonata is about $2300 under MSRP, which I expect includes the $500 general rebate.

Given the choice of a Sonata GLS automatic with preferred package for about the same price as an Elantra SE automatic, I'd take the Sonata in a second. It's roomier and has more equipment (e.g. power seat, ESC, traction control) but is just lacking the alloy wheels of the Elantra--you could always add alloys aftermarket to the Sonata if you really want them.
  • The invoice for 07 Sonata GLS auto with the $500 pkg is $18,158 including destination charge. Your quote is $1000 less than the invoice which is very good in my opinion.
  • There's a dealership in Alabama that sells their '07 GLS automatic Elantras w/ Preferred Pkg. for just $14,986 - and that's everyday pricing too! They also do not have doc fees, prep fees, etc. - that crap is just dealer profit as places that charge that junk.
  • How about listing the name and location of this dealer, for all to see and check out. Does he have a web/online page?
    Can't post web links to dealers here, but with the name and location it will be easy to find on the Web, if they have a site.
  • bamacarbamacar Posts: 749
    Read his Bio, "the dealer" is his employer.
  • xplorxplor Posts: 6
    Could you please post the name and location of the dealer? I am plaaning to buy a 07 GLS soon.
    Thanks
    Once again where he works: Hyundai of Decatur in Decatur, Alabama.

They also have 2007 Elantra Limiteds with Option Pack 6 and Auto that have MSRPs for $19595 for only $17100. That is a pretty good deal at about 1500 under invoice. Wish they had Limited or SE manual transmission models with no additional options for a similar discount.
    Is that with or w/o the $500 loyalty rebate?
    I believe without because it is clearly marked on all the cars, but I am not sure. It is also listed for that price on their website.
  • Hey folks,

Bamacar is correct: That is without.

Since he posted the name of the dealership, I will elaborate a little on the prices.

Again this is for the benefit of the readers who are looking to save money and do not want to pay too much for their vehicle.

There is no extra hidden fees in the pricing of the cars and as he stated, all prices are clearly marked on the cars for everyone to see. They don't play games with smoke and mirrors, and are very honest and upfront about everything with customers.

For example pricing on an '07 GLS automatic w/ preferred pkg. is $14,986. Anyone living in Alabama only pays taxes and title and that is all. Anyone living out of state only pays the price of the car and is responsible for taking care of taxes in their home state. Anyone who has a Hyundai will get an additional savings off our price.

The philosphy is simple: put the customers concerns first. That means we would rather sell a lot of low-priced cars at a loss instead of gypping people on each car to make as much as we can.

I really enjoy Carspace alot and I do not wish to jeopardize myself so that is all I will say; yes, their is a website and if anyone wishes to check on the availability of a vehicle they can find the information they need from said website.
  • john_fjohn_f Posts: 30
    The philosphy is simple: put the customers concerns first. That means we would rather sell a lot of low-priced cars at a loss instead of gypping people on each car to make as much as we can.

I cannot understand the logic of this statement; if you sell a lot of cars at a loss, you cannot stay in business.
  • The philosphy is simple: put the customers concerns first. That means we would rather sell a lot of low-priced cars at a loss instead of gypping people on each car to make as much as we can.

I cannot understand the logic of this statement; if you sell a lot of cars at a loss, you cannot stay in business.

I thought the same thing, but we may have misinterpreted the original statement. Perhaps "at a loss" means lower than maximum profit. Remember dealers don't buy cars, they pay the interest on the cars on their lot until they are sold, then they pay the manufacturer costs (which are much lower than the invoice price we see due to manufacturer to dealer incentives, dealer holdback, etc.) MSRP would generate maximum profit for the dealer (usually 9 or 10 percent, depending upon the vehicle), so to sell the car for under invoice (or "at a loss") might net the dealer only 2% profit. A high volume dealer can definitely afford a slimmer profit margin per vehicle, because they sell cars faster and therefore pay less interest on them.

Also, selling cars cheaper brings customers back for service, parts, and repeat business, thus making more money.

I was on this particular dealer's website this morning, and I did not find the amazing low prices everyone has been citing here. What I did find was '07 limited (which is what I have interest in) for 17,086(it did not say, but I assume that is AT, no moonroof). That is a good price, but MSRP in New England (where I live) is 18,295 for the same car (again comparing with AT and no moonroof), so I'm not about to drive down to AL to save the $500-600 I could get by doing that. Just food for thought ;)
    The $17086 is the Limited Auto with Moonroof/Stereo option package. MSRP is $19596 with invoice of $18638. Price is pretty good - maybe even worth a trip south.

Without the package, he said it was $158xx or so (MSRP $18295). It appears they don't have any of those in stock.
  • The $17086 is the Limited Auto with Moonroof/Stereo option package. MSRP is $19596 with invoice of $18638. Price is pretty good - maybe even worth a trip south.

Without the package, he said it was $158xx or so (MSRP $18295). It appears they don't have any of those in stock.

Thanks! Maybe I will do that if I can get a decent trade amount. If I can get it without the package and with a manual, that would be even cheaper, and I could sight see on the drive down/back :shades: You've got me thinking now!

PS - how did you know what options are on this car? I can't see them on the dealer's website.
    Same here. I am waiting to see the first manual transmission SE or Limited without any options and give it a test drive - that is if I don't buy something else first.
  • nodulenodule Posts: 118
    Is was given an out the door price of $16890.00 for a
    2007 Elantra SE. This is the grand total...7" sales tax,
    destination fee, doc fees, etc...everything.
    Is this a good deal, or can I do better??
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    How much were the doc fees? Doc fees are ZERO at my local dealer.
    Difficult to comment on the price when OTD (out the door) pricing is used since fees other than the price of the vehicle vary by region.
  • nodulenodule Posts: 118
    $45.00 doc fees. Dealer is in South Brunswick, NJ
  • Not that I know much about current deals or anything, but we'd need to know if that price quote was for the manual or automatic.
  • nthenthe Posts: 414
    I just bought a limited elantra (carbon gray) for a sale price of 18,189 (does not include taxes as they vary from state to state) in birmingham alabama.