Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• habhavsarhabhavsar Posts: 12
    Hi-
    I want to purchase an Elantra(2006) GLS with automatic trans. in NJ. Can anybody please suggest a good (honest?) dealer I can start talking to? Any good experiences?
    Thanks in advance!
  • doohickiedoohickie Posts: 949
    Not sure about that area, but try looking up Edmunds True Market Value for the car you are interested in; it gives you a pretty good idea of whether you're getting a good deal.
  • tllastotllasto Posts: 2
    Can any one tell me what a good price would be for a 2006 Hyundai Elantra 4 door hatchback, automatic, ABS with traction control? We live in central NY, the dealer said the MSRP is $16895, and they would go to $16095. I think that they could go much lower. I need help.
    You should be in the $14s.
  • tllastotllasto Posts: 2
    Would that be before a rebate or after? Thank you.
  • tsgeiseltsgeisel Posts: 352
    I was being quoted $14.4k out the door (tax, title, license included) for a GLS hatch with Automatic transmission. Check out the Edmunds site for the cost of the ABS/Traction control package and add that in.

The price seems a bit high, but not outrageously so. You should be able to get them to come down a bit, but don't expect an order of magnitude difference.

A lot will depend on how well they're selling in your area.

And if it doesn't look like they're willing to budge on the price, feel free to say something like "That's ok. I can wait for the new '07s to come out anyway." See if they don't lower the price right there.
  • njdevil1njdevil1 Posts: 45
    even tho we never bought a car from there, we think Lester Glen Hyundai in Toms River is o.k. Friends have bought cars from High Point Hyundai in Sussex and seemed pleased. We bought all our hyundais from Lehigh Valley Hyundai in Emmaus, PA. they are excellant especially their service.
    I got the following quote from Lehigh Valley Hyundai...
    "$13881 including the rebate plus tax and tags"
    After reading this forum I belive I should get around $13000-13500 Drive Out price, correct? I am still waiting for quotes from other two.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.
    if you can get a lower price, see if lehigh valley will beat it.
    "$13881 including the rebate plus tax and tags"
    After reading this forum I belive I should get around $13000-13500 Drive Out price, correct?

At that point, you're getting to be in the "noise". $13,500 vs. $13,800?

Also, are you talking AT, what options, etc.?
    It's Elantra GLS 4 door sedan.
    Lester Glen, in Toms River, NJ also gave the ditto quote - 13881 after rebates and discounts + state fees and sales tax.
    ?
    If it's auto trans, that's pretty good. It's about what I paid for my 05 hatch and don't all the 06s come with the upgraded stereo including tweeters on the doors? I had to add tweeters to my car.
  • spex2000spex2000 Posts: 4
    We drove from CA to TX 1st week of April to help my stepson (at Ft.Hood ) get a first car, preferably an Accent. After a 1st trip to the Killeen and Kyle dealerships w/o a deal, we ended up in Waco on a siteseeing trip. They didnt have an Accent (5 spd stick w/ air) but showed us the Elantra. For about the same MSRP, (over 14k), the car had WAY better standard features. He gave us a quote of about $12,500 INCLUDING TT&L. We wanted to show it to my stepson first and on our trip back to the base, we stopped at the Killeen dealership who matched the price. We added the GAP insurance for $189. Total came to $12,700 after 3 rebates totaling $2000( hyundai 1000, loyalty 500, military 500). The only option was the trunk tray and we got the dealer "appearance package" (tinted windows and "scotchguard"-yeah right)thrown in for free.
    We think we got a good deal for our son. I would recommend either dealership, Automax in Killeen or the Waco Dodge/ Hyundai dealer that gave us the first price. :)
    check with lehigh valley Hyundai again. Believe me, you will find out why?
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Thanks for the information, I'll have to look into those dealerships. Here the 5 door Elantra's are running about $14,000.00 plus tt&l. They are in limited supplies so that is what keeps the price up and since I don't currently own a Hyundai I don't qualify for the loyalty discount and being retired military doesn't qualify me as being military.
    I'm sorry,I should have said that we didn't buy the 5 door w/ AT, we bought the sedan with the 5 speed. I just wanted to show the approximate discounts that dealers can give. BTW, when we got back, we saw a local dealer in CA advertising a "1 only at this price " at $9500 +TTL including all the rebates. The deals ARE out there. Good luck! :)
    alot of times that one car was just sold before you got there so be careful- it's usually bait.
    My feeling about the "1 only at this price" deals is that if they can offer discounts like that on one car, I can get the same discount on another car and I wont't buy until I get that price. Locally, here in So-Cal, I've been seeing more dealers advertising multiple deals, i.e. "3 at this price", "5 at ...." , etc. and more. What worked for us on the TX deal was the Waco dealer actually trying to get the Elantra price down into the Accent ranges advertised in the local papers! :P
    Hyundai Elantra 2006 GLS 4 door Automatic (standard package, nothing additional)=I got $13400 drive out price (including everything) from a dealer in NJ. I will call a couple of dealers who claim to beat any price bu $200 on Monday to see they can beat this. I think $13400 is a good price itself, right? Please advice.
    Try lehigh valley I am pretty sure they will beat it.check my previous post.