Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I recently got an O.T.D. offer for a 2008 Hyundai Elantra Se (with Automatic Transmission and Sunroof Package. No leather seats.)
    The offer was 17,895. Does this sound like a good deal to you guys? I almost think it's too good and am wondering if I'm missing something. Out the door price includes everything like car price, destination charge, taxes, title, registration and all dealer fees correct?

Thanks for your input!
  • Well it depends on factors such as sales tax, and document fees to help determine whether you got a good deal or not.
  • Ok here's the best I could break it down using Edmund's calculator:
    Approximation made for car price since I've been negotiating OTD total.
    Vehicle Sales Price: 15750
    Destination Charge: 620
    Sales Tax (8.25% in LA): 1299
    Title, Registration, & Other Costs: 236
    Total comes to 17905 which is a little more than they offered but it's in the ballpark.

Thoughts? Thanks again!
  • I think message 2301 showed a price of $13,999.00 for the SE model with no additional options for So Cal but your price doesn't sound too bad.
  • tyrontyron Posts: 1
    I bought a new elantra last saturday. they had $1000 cash back or 3.9% financing over 72 months. I negotiated a price using the $1000 cash back, because i was going to finance it through my credit union. To make a long story short, they could give us a better rate than what my union could. We sat down in the F & I office and the gentleman doing the loan said he got us financed through hyundai at 4.9%. Then he said that we couldn't use the $1000 cash back since we didnt qualify for the 3.9%. Prior to this, the sales manager kept on going into the F & I's office and closing the door. I negotiated a pretty good price, and i think they are just trying to get some money back out of me. Can anyone else had this experience? Should I still receive that discount?

Thanks
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,686
    When the finance guy said you wouldn't get the $1000, you should have said, "OK then, I'll use my credit union financing and I'll take the $1000 rebate." Does your state have a 3-day (example) right of recisssion of purchase contracts? If so you might be able to get out of the deal, if you want to. What actually happened? Did you sign for the 4.9% with no rebate?
  • I just bought a 2008 Red SE, floor mats, XM. $17,100 OTD

Question - Does the odometer stay on all the time? I went out to my car at lunch and noticed the the odometer was displayed before I even unlocked the car.
  • I forgot to add that it is an automatic.
    Yes. Hertz and service writers love that. :)
  • 2008 Silver Elantra GLS, Automatic, Popular Pkg, Floor Mats

$14,683 out the door

That was including the $1000 California automatic transmission rebate, plus another $1000 dealer rebate, plus a approximately $730 off of MSRP.

MSRP for this vehicle is $17,080
  • Looking to buy an 08 Elantra GLS with Popular options package (no sunroof) for my wife. What's the average "best price" for the CAR - not the OTD. What's the actual best price, on average, that people are seeing for one of these cars - no taxes, no rebates (I'm going to take the financing)? Thanks ... hope some people are browsing this forum today, I plan to go down to the dealership this afternoon to swing an end of the month deal.
    Those seem like pretty good deals, but if you don't mind driving a bit, Towne Hyundai in New Jersey has an Internet price on all Elantras of $1950 under invoice, plus the $1000 rebate. It might be worth at least a call or email to them to see what kind of deal they could give you on the package you're looking for.
  • Im looking for an Elantra in the Western Massachusetts area and got an offer from Gary Rome in Holyoke. This is what he came up with for a price of a new 08 Elantra with the popular equipment package. Let me know what you think about it, im scared im over paying about 1,000 based on other users prices.

Internet Sales Manager:
    I have a black pearl gls in stock with the popular equipment package which includes A/C , cd/mp3 player, cruise control and fog lights. invoice is 16,649 minus 300 takes us to 16349 minus rebate takes us to 15,349. Also this car is an automatic.
    If you choose the base with no air we can subtract another 1594.00 which takes us to 13755. If you were to go with this package I would reccomen my l;ast 2007 which would be priced in the mid 12's.

Internet Sales Manager:
    Best number I can do on the car before taxes is 15,200 (and that is after rebate) Truth is there is just not that much markup in the car. Best number after taxes title and reg fees is 16,231.45.
    No games that is my absolute best number. I would encourage you to look at edmunds.com and see exactly how strong my number is.
  • At a N. Ca.Hyundai dealer, they are selling all their GLS Elantra's with auto and popular package for $13,378. That is a discount of $1602 and $2000 factory rebate. I am not sure if I am allowed to name the dealer.
  • I am actually driving to NY tommorow right near NJ so this would be perfect yet that deal says it expires on 2/23. I wonder if they will still allow this deal. If anyone knows for sure id appreciate a reply. Thank you so much for pointing out this dealership!!
    Just call them or send them an email and ask them. I've noticed their web site doesn't keep up with their offers; they just recently updated it to the "expires 2/23" date. They seem to continually offer these kinds of prices though. Be sure to print off the $500 Internet coupon from the web site if you go there.
  • When I purchased a Sonata 2 1/2 years ago, There was a loyalty rebate. Now that I am ready to buy a Elantra, I can't find any sign of one. Should I wait to see if one will reappear? I plan on going to Fitzmall.com. Looks like their prices are about 2200 below invoice. Their prices include freight and 1000 rebate. Any ideas how they can do that?
    You can always wait for a loyalty rebate, but HMA seems to have phased them out in general over the past year or so. And with the Elantra (SE) garnering acclaim as a CR "Top Pick" and not all that many on dealer lots to begin with, I think you may have a long wait for a loyalty rebate. It looks like HMA is putting their big rebate money elsewhere right now, especially on closing out the 2008 Sonatas.
  • inharmswayinharmsway Posts: 153
    Here in northern Calif.one dealer is giving $500 additional rebate to Hyundai owners.It just started.
  • bwaller78bwaller78 Posts: 23
    It never hurts to mention it to the dealer, because when I bought my elantra a few months ago, there was not a loyalty rebate on the 2007 elantra then, but they gave it to me because I was a repeat customer and they honored it since i mentioned it ;)
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    Depending upon your location, Towne Hyundai in Denville, NJ, may be a better a choice. They presently have Elantras @ $1950 below invoice plus $1,000 rebate (total of $2950 below invoice). Towne's dealer fee is $189 vs $99 for Fitz, so that takes away $90 of savings.

Towne's price will include destination charges also. Check their website and call them if it is a reasonable distance for you to consider. You'll get a straight forward, no BS answer on the price. Plus no F & I BS when you pick up the car (if you decide to buy from them).

With the "new and improved" Sonata rebates, presently $5200 under invoice including the $3K rebate, you might want to compare a 4 cyl Sonata to the Elantra.
  • haggardhaggard Posts: 63
    You can do better. The Towne Hyundai group also owns Stateline Hyundai in Phillipsburg NJ, just over the bridge from Easton, PA (an hour north of Philly). They have made me several great offers on various models, (my bad for not pulling the trigger). The internet guys have as much integrity as I have found in the car business, they don't jerk you around. I will be going to them this week to make a deal on an Elantra for my wife. Will post when I get firm numbers.
  • The Elantra GLS w/ the popular pkg has an invoice of $16,365
    - 1,000 Rebate
    $15,365
    - $500 DISCOUNT
    $14,865
    Whicha dealership could discount the car an extra $200-300.

VS a 2008 Sonata GLS for $15,323....
  • sonotuhsonotuh Posts: 9
    Got the 08 Elantra GLS PZEV with auto transmisson and popular options package (not the sunroof one) plus floor mats and cargo net at Clay Hyundai in Norwood MA on Thursday, 2/28. MSRP with options was around 17,100 or so. Got the car for 15,500, minus the 1,000 rebate. So got the car for 14,500 and took "conventional" financing since I have high credit score. Very happy with the deal. Sharp car, very nice ride. That 14,500 is without taxes, doc fees, etc. OTD is a garbage method of computing because sales tax is different state to state, dealer doc fees are different, reg fees are different. What's important is the final price you pay for the car yourself!!!
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    Towne Hyundai updated its website today. The Elantra, including rebates is $3950 below invoice. (Sonata $4900 below invoice. )

These prices are good from now through March 31. None of that end of the month BS...the prices are good now and will not change (up or down) until April.
  • thndrstmthndrstm Posts: 47
    I ended up biting the bullet for an 2008 Elantra SE(Consumer reports say that is a necessity to get the ESC) with Spoiler(which I didn't particularly want) and Floor mats.

Paid 14850. They threw in 10 oil changes too.

Dealership will give me tires for life if I follow their maintenance schedule(including alignments every 12,000 miles). Is that worth doing?
  • sonotuhsonotuh Posts: 9
    thndstrm

Please explain how you got the price to 14,850.

Rebates, haggling, etc.

Leave out taxes, trade in, all that jazz, etc.

Thanks!
    Why not go for the free tires? They can wear out faster than you might think (the OEM Michelins on my 2001 Elantra needed replacement after 30k miles). But are the alignments free, and if not do you need to have them done at the dealership and how much do they cost? Also, will the dealer give you the same tires or some that are the same size, but might not be the same quality as the OEM tires?
  • thndrstmthndrstm Posts: 47
    My price included all taxes tags etc, so take out 4.1 percent Virginia taxes so the pretax amount is about 14,240. My method was to call up Towne Hyundai in Denville, NJ which was recommended here. They gave me a price on the phone(they had only 1 SE with a sunroof which I didn't want). The dealership here said they would beat any legit price, and they did. The whole process took less than an hour. If you want the name of the dealer I used, let me know.

The dealer said the current rebate is 1500, not 1000 as listed on the Hyundai site plus there is additional undisclosed dealer cash.

I don't know if the free tires is a good deal as having to get alignments every 12000 miles plus ALL recommended maintenance will be a lot, and Costco has reasonable priced tires with road hazard warranty.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,889
    Free tires for life, is just a gimmick..

It's best to just ignore it, and make your maintenance decisions, independent of that...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs