Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2 & 3/4 Ton Pickups

Comments

• kg11kg11 Posts: 530
    If GM did put the I6 in a crewcab ,they would only sell one.

kip
  • hunter98hunter98 Posts: 273
    I can say with 98% confidence that your will NOT see the I6 in the 1500HD or any other HD for that matter. You may very well see it in the standard 1500s and probable will in a couple of years. The I6 is a great engine, I have drove it and have friends with it and they get great milage and power. One friend is averaging 5 MPG better with the Trailblazer, compared to their 98 Blazer they had with the 4.3L under the same conditions.

The I6 will not be enough power for an 8600 or a 9200 GVW vehicle. You would not see much milage improvement either, since you would be working it hard and have to rev it to move the vehicle, it just aint gonna happen. I would put a much better chance at seeing a baby Duramax Diesel 6, 5, or 4 in some of GM's vehicles such as the 1500, 1500HD, Yukons, Trailblazers, ect.

Hunter
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Posts: 2,728
    Other thing I was thinking about with the I6...to use it wouldn't you have to use the 4L60E auto? Since crew cab 1500HD has 8600 GVWR, would seem a mismatch.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    thanks guys

common sense prevails once again
    How is class going, my last 17 hours are going pretty well but lots of projects and HW, just have to love dorm life, one of the guys that we share a bathroom with between our two rooms got in at 1:00, showered till 2:00, wake up at 7:00 this morning and the two carpet rugs that overlap and have all of our stuff on them are soaked. Including my cloths in the closet that acted like a sponge and my books in my bookbag as well. He came in drunk as a skunk I fould out and his roommate was afraid he would drown in the shower. ISN'T DORM LIFE GREAT, LOL!!! AT LEAST THIS IS MY LAST SEMESTER BEFORE GRADUATION! I need to go order my cap and gown today, and I was planning on trying to put in an application to Law School down here, pending my June LSAT score, but with my 3.85 GPA, I can score pretty low and still get in, but not now, not today.

Hope you have a good week.

Good luck all,

PS, Duramax is running great, averaging 18 mpg empty, and pulled about 20,000 lbs the other day beautifully.

Hunter
    school is kinda hectic. I only have 13 credit hrs this semester. To many labs (2) and lots of hw. Also just got a new job 3 wks ago and am working close to 40 hrs a wk. After this semester i have 1 yr to go
    I hope you are liking your new job ;), I have three years to go if I go to Law School, and I may have to take a semester or a year off in between because I dragged my feet on taking the LSAT.

Hope you enjoyed that snow storm this past weekend, down in the southern part of Illinois, we just got alot of rain.

Oh yeah, the only thing good about dorm life is I only average 3 nights a week in it and range from 2-4. Love that king sized bed at home, and being with my friends and family. Kida funny but it is hard to make to many friends to mess around with on campus if you are always gone on weekends and busy on the days and nights you are there. LOL ;)

Hunter
  • minikinminikin Posts: 389
    to all, except Delrick, for post #81. Bad night; still uncalled for.
    -- Don
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    The truth is, ANY truck could come with an I6. All the Dodge diesels come with one. As engines become more sophisticated and efficient, the number of cylinders becomes meaningless.

I do agree with you that it would be a marketing disaster. Americans are in love with V8s.
    The poster wants the 4.2 "Trailblazer"I6.I would buy a truck with an I6 ,but not a big truck with a little motor.(T-100 for example) Towing 4000 lb my 8.1 gets better milage than your Tundra would.In the early '60's GMC offered a 292 V6 in even thier bigger (1 1/2 and 2 ton)trucks.They made a 225 V6 ,but only offered it in Buicks.
    The Dodge "I6"Cummins diesel is 5.9 L

kip
    i have to shake my head smirk and walk away from this now
  • tomh12tomh12 Posts: 240
    It must be hard to be him!
    LOL
    Tom
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    "Towing 4000 lb my 8.1 gets better milage than your Tundra would."

Well, judging from Trucktrend, the Tundra got 13mpg towing 5000lb. I would guess that your Lemonado would not do this well empty - let alone with a load. Do you have any objective proof otherwise?

I did not realize that the poster was talking about a 4.2L I-6 engine. That would never sell in a Crewcab - it would be a dog. Sort of like your 8.1 L at 10,000 ft.
    Towing my ski boat(4000 lb) 12.7-13.0 consistantly.My 3.4 Taco only got 9-12 depending on terrain ,and I imagine a long hual in the mountians would have been worse(just like a 4.2 in a crew cab).
    My 8.1 at 10,000ft?Never done that but at 7,000 it pulls a 6% grade at 65 in 4th ,just like your tundra at sea level.

kip
  • delrickdelrick Posts: 105
    I asked a simple question.

Yore hero suggested I was stupid for asking it.

If no one knows the answer fine.

Otherwise I am really not interested in Ryan or anyone elses opinions.

Bunch of ignorant boobs...
  • tomh12tomh12 Posts: 240
    a pair of intelligent boobs?

Thanks for stopping by...
    Watch that door....
    LOL
    Tom
    Yore hero?

WE DO KNOW THE QUESTION your just not listening to what we all said: the current I6 will never be put into a crewcab truck
  • whatsachevywhatsachevy Posts: 136
    I like all boobs. Ignorant ones. Intelligent ones. But most of all, I like BIG ones!

I got $5 that says "delrick" is a Tundra owner!
    I got $10 that says it's a T-100.

kip
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Posts: 387
    are probably right!!!!

LMAO
This discussion has been closed.