Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda CR-V Owners Meet the Members

Comments

• bshelbshel Posts: 232
    directed to everyone
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    25 mpg

5 speed '99 EX
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,784
    21 Town / 26 Highway
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,014
    22-23 MPG when driving with wanton disregard for gas prices.

24-25 MPG if I try really hard to keep my highway speed down.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• theracoontheracoon Posts: 666
    24/25 mpg around town (which includes some highway)
    28/29 mpg highway

2-3 mpg less during the winter.

:)
    What color? Doesn't that make all the difference??

• kizhekizhe Posts: 242
    mostly highway (80%), speed 55-65, tires 34 psi.
    and no 'rabbit starts' :-).
    27/29 mpg.
    Kyfdx - Color correlates to speed, not mpg. Let's not confuse these scientific principles by getting them mixed up.
  • dondadadondada Posts: 15
    20-21 MPG: City
    24-26 MPG: Highway
  • sluglineslugline Posts: 391
    21-23 in daily Houston commuting
    24-25 in highway driving 70 mph or above
    25-27 in highway driving below 70 mph
    ...so this is another example where TIME IS MONEY.
    Of course...How could I make such an error. I forget...Is it the silver or the red that is faster?

Silver. =)
  • bshelbshel Posts: 232
    Red.

scooted past a snail's pace silver - earlier.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,784
    Remeber the Delorean? The fastest speed is NO color...
    Silver!

And less filling while we're at it.
  • chuckleschuckles Posts: 3
    Just got my '04 silver CR-V 2 weeks ago. So far so good.
    Just wondering if anyone has tried to put seat covers on their car. I'm somewhat untidy & went to the local guy who tells me he can't do the job because of the seat adjusters & air bag placement. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Chuckles
    Welcome to Edmunds and congrats on your new CR-V.

Seat covers won't work because the side airbags deploy right through a seam in the fabric (right in the side bolster). The stitching that holds the seam together is intentionally weakened by cutting it with a laser just enough to allow it to give way when the airbag pops out.

There is a manufacturer of leather seats that has designed a product to accomodate these airbags. These are likely to be a bit more expensive than seat covers, but I find leather easier to clean than fabric.
  • Hello Karen, I'm Bill and own a '03 CRV LX "Kansas Dust Beige" and love it!
    My wife Trish uses it mostly during the day for city parking meter patrol - so it's no always getting enough hiway miles to keep the oil clean-er!
    We tend to drive mostly 500- 1000bn mile trips to Minneaplois/NY state during the year.
    BUT, I will say this: it sure handles more tightly than the old '99 Blue we had!

Smokehammer
    You'd be surprised how many times cars are damaged in transit, then the dealer has the whole thing repainted. This is legal, and they don't have to tell the buyer about it. (I would not be happy.)

If these guys want you to buy a damaged vehicle, they had better be prepared to reduce the price. You did the right thing by walking away. These dings and dents will always happen, but maybe next time they'll be more careful with how they fix them.
  • ....and I've been reading for about a month now...Finally decided to join the discussion today. I have a 2004 CRV-EX, AT, Chianti Red and I LOVE IT! I bought it in October of last year after my '99 Galant got smashed. The Galant did its job in terms of protecting me, but after that I decided I wanted a bigger car. I was very happy to go back to Honda, as I had an '89 Honda Accord hatchback for 11 years. It was my first car and I still miss it!

I don't do a lot of driving so I only have about 4700 miles on it so far. Unfortunately, I got my oil change too early, but all went well with that. I go to my own mechanic and he is aware of the situation with the fires. I trust him implicitly.

I'm looking forward to being able to ask questions of you all and hopefully, respond to some, too.

Thanks,
    Mackie in NY
    Welcome to Edmunds!
  • Yeah, I'm the fussy one who didn't want to deal with the dealer who claims the 2004 CRV I bought got "vandalized" or "hit" depending on who you talked to. I went to another dealer, got a 2005, same color, and only $500 more than I was going to pay for the 2004. The Dealership is new and very friendly. They are located between Boston and Worcester in Wesboro. They were attentive and couldn't have been nicer. My first new car was an Accord with the pop-up headlights. I loved that car and it lasted me 13 years with hardly any problems. I next got a New Beetle (Big mistake!) I hardly ever drove it but everytime I did drive it something was wrong with it. (I heard VW's are supposed to be driven hard) So now I'm onto a CRV. Hello all.
    Welcome to the cult...err... forums.

I'm in the Boston area, as well. Bought my 1999 CR-V at Clair Honda. Bought my wife's 2001 3.2TL at Boston Acura. I've done lots of "faux" car shopping in the area now (love to test drive), and found both good and bad experiences in all the local dealerships. Now I have both cars serviced at an independent.

You'll have to bring that 2005 to the next Honda SUV Olympics!
  • jlim1jlim1 Posts: 50
    I have a 2001 Honda Civic. Great car, up until winter with lots of slippery snow; that's when I wish this lightweight car is more sure-footed. I am interested in the CR-V. My question: how does CR-V drive in snow? I have no experience driving with 4WD but I heard it's only good to get one out from a ditch. Any feedback with past/current experience (especially those who gets as much as snow like I do here in Midwest) is appreciated. How about the VSA, recently included in the 2005MY? Any help from this feature? Thanx.
    I have no experience driving with 4WD but I heard it's only good to get one out from a ditch. Any feedback with past/current experience (especially those who gets as much as snow like I do here in Midwest) is appreciated.

The RT4WD works great in snow, ice, and rain. My '99 CR-V has performed very well during the time I've owned it: 3 years in Rochester, NY and 3 years in Indianapolis, IN.

:)
    RT4WD will do more than just get you out of a ditch. But there are limitations to the design (or any AWD system, for that matter). For one thing, they are only good if you have your foot on the gas. As soon as you move it to the brake, the traction advantages of AWD disappear.

For 2005, Honda has added both VSA and TC (Traction Control).

Traction control will help the front wheels keep you moving. Like AWD, it helps keep you moving forward.

VSA works even when you don't have your foot on the gas. If the car begins to slide, this system brakes individual wheels to counteract the skid and thus keep you pointed in the direction you want to go. Very good stuff.

Jeez, Racoon. It's been three years since you moved out west. Time is getting away from me. Seems like only a few years ago we were scrambling around the Allegheny back trails.
    Jeez, Racoon. It's been three years since you moved out west. Time is getting away from me. Seems like only a few years ago we were scrambling around the Allegheny back trails.

Time really is getting away from you!! It's been less than two years since I moved. Allegheny was a lot of fun and a lot of good memories. And since it's only about 6 hours from here, if you plan another trip there I just may show up!

:D
    Before I would dump my Civic for a CR-V, I'd try some winter tires on it...

My CR-V has traction to get through the snowy stuff, but I sure wouldn't describe it as "sure-footed"..

I actually feel more in control with my wife's RWD sedan with winter tires, when on slick roads..

regards,

kyfdx

• just picked up a new crv 2005 pewter se. got a great deal at 22,895 plus 6.5 tax.destintion included. we just had a foot of snow here in chicago and the se handled it very well ,the car has a nice feel but in my opinion the seats could be made a little better,on a bumpy highway with the drivers side inclined i can feel my lower back give and bounce in the lower half of the seat .the drivers right side armrest is too high and the v definitely has a little road noise at 70 mph . other than those few beefs the car is fine. hope i have as good luck with my crv as i have with my toyotas. keeping my fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.