Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any questions for a Dodge Truck salesman??

Comments

• To those interested in the crew cabs I know you were talking about full size trucks, but the dakota is going to have a crew cab version next year. You can see pictures and some specs on it at:
    www.car-truck.com/chryed/detroit/dakquad.htm

To Trex,
    I am wondering what rebates are available on the '99 dakota. The dodge website says $1000 cash allowance and I have seen a commericial talking about a free v8 engine. Is one or both of these accurate? Also, is the college graduate program still in effect? Thanks.

Brian
  • trex99trex99 Posts: 61
    Brian....yes, yes, and yes....the 1000 rebate was just applied it was 500 last month, as far as the free v-8, its actually a package discount so in effect its free...on the dakota the 5.2 v-8 is a $590 option and with this particular discount its also $590 so I guess you could call it free... I think they actually call it an slt and/or sport package discount but either way its a free v-8...and for those of you who havent driven a Dakota with a v-8 and are thinkin bout a ranger or s10 or toyota....dont drive it cuz you'll never go back to those....hehehe.....oh and as far as the college grad program....that was 400 I believe and Im not sure if thats still on or not...I can check tomorrow and let ya know......and for those of you interested in that new 4 door dakota, its also going to have a new engine in it...and to preview the new engine go to your local jeep dealer and check out the grand cherokee with the new 4.7 v-8.......Thanks for the questions Brian....T REX
    to Kcram....I know what ya mean but thats the honest truth...Im finding people are more interested in leather seats and cd players and frilly things than actual trucklike performance....the funny part is people actually come in and say...that truck is too high I have to step up to get in it....well DUH!!!! you asked for a 4x4 1 ton dually with a turbo diesel...its not a mini truck folks.....and for those people who think todays trucks ride harsh....I went for a ride today in one of the old body style dodge diesels to appraise its value and WOW!!!! that truck still (it was a 91) ran strong.....BUT!!! it was like riding a buckboard!!! hehehe
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    trex99,

Ironically, it was an old W350 at my dad's job that made me interested in Rams in the first place. That truck is now about 15 years old, and has outlived trucks that were bought since. At one point, the bed was so beat up, the tailgate wouldn't open. But it recently had some bodywork done and a new paint job. It still passes inspection every year. Starts on the first crack of the key, and runs untikl you turn it off. Yeah it rides like a cinder block, but it's as tough as one, too.
  • wpeng1wpeng1 Posts: 12
    To Trex,
    I have two questions: 1. Does the full-bodycolored bumper comes with sport plus package on Dakota sport, or it's only available to
    R/T buyers.
    2. What's wheelflare in R/T package? Is that available on other models?
    Thanks
    To wpeng1....yes, the monochromatic(body color) bumper and grill are part of the sport or sport plus package on Dakota's, and the wheel flares are part of the tut package on Dakotas, and is also available on slt Dakota's too..tut package also includes rear srabilizer bar and the larger wheels and 31x10.50 tires,,,aka the tire and handling group....Thanks...T REX
  • dave40dave40 Posts: 582
    Dodge 5.9 250 hp
    Ford 5.4 260 hp
    CHEVY 6.0 300 hp
    CATCH ONE IF YOU CAN !
  • stanfordstanford Posts: 606
    And, of course, HP has nothing to do with acceleration and everything to do with top speed under load. At least get your facts straight...
  • 'Catch one if you can' could still apply to top speed under load, couldn't it??? Everybody hates a winner (the new Chevy would smoke a Dodge under almost any condition anyway - read Four Wheeler magazine).
  • how much should i pay for a 1989 dodge ram pickup 318 V8 full size with 150,000 miles on it
  • markbuckmarkbuck Posts: 1,021
    dave40 - How about the V10's for power?
  • dave40dave40 Posts: 582
    What power ? Chevys 454 has more hp then fords V-10
    Chevy 454 290 hp
    Ford V-10 275 hp
  • cdeancdean Posts: 1,110
    the two engines have the same torque (before someone beats that horse again), and very similar torque curves. i think the ford needs to rev a little higher to get its HP than the 454 does. I recently drove my dad's new 454, will post on it in the C/K conference.
    To....Cheezman...I think you need to go to www.kbb.com and enter the info on that truck and get a value from them....thats a hard call for me........personally I would be weary of any truck with a gas engine that has that many miles on it......

To the rest of you guys gloatin bout yer Ferd's and Chebby's...go somewhere else this is for questions about Dodge products...besides if the people here were interested in those products they wouldn't be here now would they?????
  • kelikikeliki Posts: 4
    Trek99

Since seeing photos of the new Dodge Dakota with the four doors being offered this coming Fall, I have put off my purchased till then. My question is do you have any idea when we will put able to put an order in? I'm looking at getting the 4 X 4 with the sport appearance package. Thanks for any info.
  • DmatDmat Posts: 43
    Exactly when will this six speed hit my showroom?
    When will I get the 4 door Dakota?
    How much room will this Dakota have?
    Are there plans to get the full size crew cab out of Mexico and into the U.S.?

Matt D
    C.S.P.
    To...Keliki and Dmat...Whoa!! slow down there the 4door Dakota is not gonna be avail able til probly this time or later next year...I have no idea how much room is in it I havent seen any other pics besides what you have seen, and its quite obvious the bed has been shortened to accomadate the longer cab....As for the 6 speed it just went from TBD status(to be determined) to OR (on restriction) in our order books..Beleive me I know how you feel I have many customers ready to order theyre trucks now!!!....And not to beat a dead horse but the crew cab ram is not going to be...at least not for a while...Chrysler corp beleives its not cost effective to re-tool the plant to build a truck that only makes up 3% of the market....I think its rediculous myslef because where I live(north west area) it probly makes up about 20% of the trucks here....so your guess is as good as mine....I do know however the quad cab will grow 5 more inches either this fall or next spring.....thanks again for the questions..T REX
    It may be 3% of the overall market (all trucks, S10 to F550) but its certainly a larger percentage of the HD market.
  • I ordered a dodge ram 2500 quad cab with diesel, auto and most all the goodies. I want to put a plow on it and the dealer tells me that this voids the warranty. It this true, who is the authority on this. How do I contact the manufacture?\

Will the dodge ram 3500 quad cab dually cab and chassis ever be available in a 84" ca. That is 84 inch from cab to axel?
  • ladyblueladyblue Posts: 326
    I've placed an order for a Ram 1500. I worked out a price and payment with the dealer before the order, and have recently learned some things that make me think I could get a better deal. The deal they're giving me so far is good...not great. I believe they can do even better. Is there still time to negotiate? I don't want to cancel the order, just try to bring the bottom line down a little further. What do you think my chances are?
    Stefano...one question....did ya order that with the snowplow prep group?????
  • Well no because with diesel engine all items comprising the snowplow prep group are included.

Thanks

Steve.
    Stefano,

the diesel does not include the correct front suspension for plowing. The snow plow group includes different springs that are higher-rated than standard.
    Remember the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. Unless the addition of a snowplow directly causes the problems you may have, they have to honor the warranty. A summary is available from the aftermarket perspective on the Gale Banks website.
  • tom18tom18 Posts: 89
    Are all Ram trucks made in Mexico ? If not can a purchaser specify which location he/she wishes to get the truck manufactured?
    tom,

Rams come from one of four plants:

Warren Michigan
    Fenton Missouri
    Saltillo Mexico
    Lago Alberto Mexico

There is no way to specify whcih plant will build your truuck - when an order is placed into the computer system by DaimlerChrysler ((or any manufacturer, for that matter), the next available plant that builds that model gets the job.
    Stefano...the real difference is actually that the snowplow prep group gives you height adjustable springs and an automatic trans overheat warning lamp.....thanks...T REX
  • I've been trying to find market share numbers. Dodge RAM vs. Ford F-Series vs. Chevy CK. Do you have them?

Ed
    Hey Brian...this is a forum for questions not advertising, please start your own domain and advertise there...Thanks.... T REX
  • DmatDmat Posts: 43
    I don't doubt the #'s that you posted. However I wonder if the figures took into account retail sales only, or did they also use fleet #'s.

It's still amazing that Dodge is the smallest of the three and moved out half as many Fords. I wonder how small Dodge is compared to Ford. I don't think that we are anywhere near half their size.

Trex, I'm writing back to you tonight. I haven't had the time.

Matt D
This discussion has been closed.