Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I would say "no thanks", but you better check the fine print on that contract. It may have a clause that says they can change the charge at their discretion?

Also, check out the Smart Shopper and/or FWI boards for discussions on leasing.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Just picked up a 2000 JXi Sebring off lease, candy apple red, black interior and top, all the toys and 26K miles. Got it for $15,500 after looking long and hard at the new ones but decided I liked the look of the older series better. Avoiding the depreciation was also an incentive. This is one of the "Certified" cars by D-C, with a warranty of 8 years or 80K miles covering the drivetrain, as well as the balance of the original factory warranty and so far the car has been exactly what I wanted.
  • stangdstangd Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2002 LXi inferno red w/ ABS and 4 CD changer (I believe thats an option for that year). Bot for $20,100 with 180 miles, thats right a 2002 - how you say?

This was a return to Chrysler for defect. The disclosure states it was a paint problem on the right front fender above the headlight. Extremely minor. We found three 2002's with very few miles like this all with the same defect - all sold as used.

First dealer wouldn't deal, 2nd dealer had two like this and was very responsive to dealing. I feel we got a good deal, given that the in-service date was 10/29/02 so the powertrain warranty transfers to us and we have the bulk of the bumper-to-bumper left on the car. Essentially a new car purchase, but about $5000 below new car invoice.

If you find one of these, you might want to jump on them, whats funny is that the dealers don't seem to realize that the powertrain warrenty transfers when in fact it does for any car with in-service after 7/9/02.

Good Luck
  • cmengcmeng Posts: 26
    2002 LXi Convertible - Vinyl Top - Leather - 16,500 miles - $17,500 plus taxes. Fair Deal?
  • goodyrlgoodyrl Posts: 83
    Few door dings & bumper smudges otherwise excellent condition. Paid $5,500. Will change oil,transmission fluid, flush radiator, etc to be safe. Runs great. Gold, with gold interior, and beige top. Need boot any idea what color came with it?
  • krimboskrimbos Posts: 1
    I am considering a used SEBRING. I was wondering if anyone here would like to comment on this review from Apr 03 issue of Consumer Reports. Personally, I think thier reviews are heavy handed (esp this one). I'd like to hear from actual Sebring owners.

The Sebring comes in sedan, coupe, and convertible
    versions. The sedan and convertible are based on the same platform as the
    Dodge Stratus sedan. The coupe is derived from the Mitsubishi Eclipse. The
    sedan we tested suffered from too much road noise, a lack of handling
    agility, and a stiff, unsettled ride. Access is dif- ficult, and the rear
    seat is too low to be comfortable. Emergency handling is secure, braking is
    competent, and frontal-crash-test performance was good. The four-cylinder
    engine is unimpressive, but the optional 2.7 -liter V6 provides quick
    acceleration.

Thanks

AJ
  • snsnsnsn Posts: 56
    We were quoted $26,000 drive off on a new red 2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXI (V6 with leather). Does this seem like a good price? Dealer also offered us $25,000 drive off on same model but a gold demo with 5k miles.
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    I've got a 2000 JXI convertible, and am ready to replace the tires. Any recommendations? 90% of my miles are at 70 mph on the frewway, and when I am off the freeway, I drive pretty agressively.

I live in the SF Bay Area, so inclement weather isn't an issue (just a little seasonal rain).
    snsn,

Go to Carmax.com and look at their prices. I think you should be able to get an '04 for this price. Chrysler has a Bigger rebate on the '03 models. I just bought (from a Dealer) a Used '02 with 16,500 mi - LXI, Leather, ABS, Vinyl top - $17,500 plus TTL.

Good Luck with the purchase.
  • snsnsnsn Posts: 56
    Thanks cmeng. We did go to Carmax but they did not have the model in the color that my husband wanted. We actually paid $23,800+ttt, which came out to $26,000 drive off (sales tax is 7%). The dealer actually beat Carmax on similar models (in different colors) due to the transportation fee charged by Carmax.
    I don't really know what a GOOD price is. However, the best thing about CarMax is that give you a good benchmark for comparison. If you can get a better deal - and it seems that you should be able to beat Carmax - and also get the vehicle you want - congratulations on yoour new ride. It is a "top down day" here.

when asking about prices - it is almost impossible to try to compare prices when the quotes include taxes and liscenses.

Have fun with the car.

CMENG
  • Just bought a 2002 Sebring convertible, LXi with 17500 miles. Green with tan top and interior. 2.7 engine, auto, ABS. Paid $16.6K. Love it so far.
    Sounds like a great deal to me. Especially if with the leather interior. I expect you will have that much fun with the car in the next few months.
  • I want to find a low mileage, garage-kept, warm weather,(no snow / roadsalt), Limited Sebring ragtop, for myself, in celebration of my early retirement from the L.A. film industry. Any sightings or suggestions, beyond the usual websites?
  • I know its not a Chrysler but there is no Dodge Stratus thread. Bought it as a lease return with 11,000, most options (keyless, power drivers seat, tilt, cruise, cd, no alloy wheels or Sun roof). Has the 7/70 power train warranty and the balance of the 3/36K bumper to bumper. Car was in excellent condition, no dings or scratches. Paid $10,500 then got a $1000 trade out of a 1992 Grand Marquis that was on its last legs - cash difference $9,500. Dealer cried about not making money but he knew I'd go down the street and buy a Taurus if he couldn't meet the price. Love the car, finish problems in the paint (not slick when hand washed)? Wax might take care of it.
  • texasredtexasred Posts: 1
    This is my 2nd Sebring. Love these cars. Plan to upgrade, trade or do some serious things to this one. If I can't find a righteous deal I will probably sell this one outright. Post it here, list it with AutoTrader, all of the above? $8.5 or 9k should be a good asking range? Your thoughts would be helpful.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Since most members in the Pricing discussions are talking about new vehicles, head on over to the Real-World Trade-In Values discussion and post all the details about your Sebring. Several sales professionals hang out there and can help you determine what kind of $$ you should expect for your car.

One word of advice - we don't allow buying/selling vehicles in these forums, so posting it here isn't an option. Good luck!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Hi, I am looking at a 2004 GTC CONVERTIBLE IN MAY 2005. It is still brand new with 3 miles on it. It is bright silver, V6, with cloth interior. They are having a sell on it and want $20,000. Is this a good deal? Gosh, someone please answer this question.

Thanks.
  • chief421chief421 Posts: 1
    I live in southern New Jersey and I am seriously considering a convertible Sebring in the next couple of months. I am willing to go used, nothing older than 2002 and nothing more than 45K miles. I would prefer a 6 cy, but a 4 would do if the price is right. Speaking of prices...any of you experts out there tell me what I should expect to walk out the door, TT&T for a 2002-2004 LX or LXi? I have seen prices all over the map. From 18500 down to 15,300 (2002 with 44K). Any help would be greatly appreciated. :shades:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Chrysler Sebring. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
This discussion has been closed.