Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kaplan2kaplan2 Posts: 2
    How do I get a copy of the original warranty for a 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible? I need to determine what is covered in original for after market warranty.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,950
    Hi, kaplan2..

Try asking your question here: Chrysler Sebring Owners: Problems & Solutions

Or, here: Chrysler Sebring convertible

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• guru3guru3 Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    I am looking to lease the 07 sebring touring. I have EC# and the follwing is the quote from the dealer.

MSRP $22455
    With zero down for a 36 month 12000 miles/year lease, I have been offered a lease of $308/month for sign in and drive.

What do you think about this deal. Is this a good deal. Regards
  • Hi guru3. If you are able to purchase this car through DaimlerChrysler's employee purchase program, then you are getting a good deal on it. The monthly payment that you mentioned definitely looks attractive to me. I would be happy to crunch some numbers and double check the payment that you were quoted for you if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • addiaddi Posts: 33
    I am considering a Sebring Limited for lease.
    The MSRP is $28,835 with a selling price of $27,661.

Would you please give me the residual and money factor for
    24 months and 12.0m miles for above car.

Thanks much.

Addi
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, Addi. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4-cylinder Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00284 and 59%, respectively. This car's 36 month lease program is a little more attractive at .00227 and 53%. As an added bonus, if you currently own a non-DaimlerChrysler product, there is a $1,000 conquest cash incentive on this car that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • thibaudthibaud Posts: 1
    Hate this car, hate this lease, want to get out of it ASAP; however, I don't want to eat the money or be forced into another Chrysler. (Would love to get into a Lexus IS250 if poss on decent financial terms). Any suggestions?
  • smo1345smo1345 Posts: 2
    i have an EC# as well and looking at getting my wife a Sebring Limited (MSRP - approx 29k - Customer Preferred Package 26N).

any idea what i can expect to pay for a 30-36 mo lease (12k miles).

i also may trade in her pontiac sunfire which i am told i can probably expect around $5500 as trade in value.

The other possibility is a liberty limited. Any advice would help!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi thibaud. I am sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with your car. Unfortunately, it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi smo1345. Do you know what selling price you are entitled to get on this car? If you let me know what the selling price is, I can use it to calculate what your monthly payment would be if you were to lease it.

I see that you are considering trading in your current car when you lease your new Sebring. There's nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle when leasing, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles because those who do risk losing all or part of their money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • What is the current MF and RV from Chrysler Financial for 2008 Sebring Convertible Touring or Limited?
    Hi smiller685. This vehicle's lease program varies slightly by region. If you let me know where you are, I can double check that this is the program that is available in your area. Also, you never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. In most of the country, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00224 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Sebring Convertible Limited are .00239 and 51%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash and $500 bonus cash that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing on it. They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rh7036rh7036 Posts: 2
    Hello,

My lease on a 2004 sebring sedan is ending, and I'm considering purchasing the car. It has about 26,000 miles on it, with a sunroof, heated driver's seat, and leather interior. My residual value is listed at 8,400. Does this seem like a good buy?

The only possible negative is that the car was in an accident in May, and while the car was repaired by a dealer site and seems fine, I'm a little concerned about potential long term effects. It was a rear side passenger impact, and the frame did need to be tweaked to get the correct allignment. Should I think twice about purchasing after this kind of accident? Thanks!
  • rh7036rh7036 Posts: 2
    Hello,

My lease on a 2004 sebring sedan is ending, and I'm considering purchasing the car. It has about 26,000 miles on it, with a sunroof, heated driver's seat, and leather interior. My residual value is listed at 8,400. Does this seem like a good buy?

The only possible negative is that the car was in an accident in May, and while the car was repaired by a dealer site and seems fine, I'm a little concerned about potential long term effects. It was a rear side passenger impact, and the frame did need to be tweaked to get the correct allignment. Should I think twice about purchasing after this kind of accident?
    Thanks!
  • Sacramento Chrysler dealer, since March, has
    reduced new 2007 2.4 Sebring from $17,500 to now $15,995. Sebring really looks good in white.
  • Hello

I am thinking of leasing a 2008 Chrysler Sebring touring convertable. The prices is 28,945. They gave me a lease price of $325 month with putting $5000 down. I am not feeling that I have gotten a good deal. I have not sihned anything yet . Do you think that is a good deal.
    Hello rh7036. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for used Sebrings right now, but you may be able to get an idea if the purchase option price for your leased car is reasonable by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Regardless of how good a price this is, you definitely should place a call to Chrysler Financial, or whichever bank you are leasing your car through, to see if they are willing to negotiate your car's purchase price. More often than not banks are not willing to do so, but sometimes they will and you don't have anything to lose by trying. If your initial contact at the bank is unwilling to work with you, try speaking with a manager.

Having said all of this, I just read that your car was in an accident. I personally would never purchase a leased vehicle that has been in an accident. One of the beautiful things about leasing is as long as your car was repaired properly, you can walk away from a vehicle that has been in an accident and force the bank that you are leasing through to absorb the diminished value rather than taking the it yourself.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello princessgoodie. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be much better off keeping the five grand in the bank and going with a zero down lease.

It is difficult for me to evaluate this deal without knowing what this car's MSRP is. The MSRP will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it. Let me know what this number is and I will be happy to tell you what I think of the deal that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • im thinking of buying an 01' sebring v6 3.0 with a new paint job body kit and 80,000 miles for $7,300 is this reasonable?
  • If you're ever gonna sell it afterwards then it may be a concern to buyer. I wouldn't buy it if it was in an accident. Dealers would probably give you less for it also. But $8400 is a good buy though. I just paid $9800 for an 03 Sebring GTC convertible with 57K on it.
This discussion has been closed.