Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• We are having lots of problems with our 2003 Escalade. The rear heat quit working, we get a "Service Ride Control" message, and the dvd screens quit working (but we can still hear the sound). Has anyone had any of these problems?
  • Also the front seat heaters have quit working.
  • The check engine light is also on. We've had it in to be serviced, but came home with all of the same problems.
  • Had service ride control message couple of months back. Turned out to be a $500 compressor.
  • Hello everyone. I am the owner of an 08 Escalde ESV. Previous to that, I was the owner of a 07 Escalade. Also an ESV might I add. In both vehicles, I've noticed when the side mirrors are folded in, I get a melt mark on the black plastic piece that's holding the mirror up against the vehicle. It's the piece that is right next to the window itself. The longer the sun hits it, the wider the melt spot gets. Anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks :shades:
  • Hello to all. I've had an 07 Escalade ESV and currently have an 08 ESV. In both cases, I have had the same problem. When it's sunny and the side mirrors are folded in, I get a melt spot on the black plastic molding that is right next to the front windows. It seems that sun is reflecting off of the side mirror when folded and magnifies then beams on the molding causing it to melt. The longer the sun hits it, the bigger the melt spot gets.This is both a defect and definitely a safety issue. I would like to know if anyone else besides me have experienced that problem? Thank You :shades: :sick:
  • When I turn the switch I can hear the wiper click once, but will not work. The washer fluid still works in the back. Anyone have any suggestions or estimate to repair?
  • telsatelsa Posts: 1
    I had a 2003 Escalade and purchased new, did better than regular maintenence. The front differential noise kept getting louder, so I took it to the dealer under warranty. They said the noise was normal, so after 58K I SOLD IT AND BOUGHT A TOYOTA.
  • Hello,

I have an 02 EXT and I'm having a problem with my front end shaking with I turn sharp to the left. It feels as if though the wheel is slipping. I've had this problem before back in 07 and had it fixed but lost the paperwork so I forgot what they fixed. Would anyone know anything about this? I'm hoping to narrow the problem down so I can possibly buy the parts and fix myself.
  • O2 sensors are pretty easy to replace. The diagnostic meter sends an electrical pulse to each sensor to see if each one is working. It will tell you Right bank one is faulty (or something along those lines) Hope its the second stage (easier to get to) Just go to your local auto parts store and they will give you what you need.
  • I am having similar problems with my 2003 Escalade. The seat heaters stopped working as well as the clock resets to 12pm everytime we get out of the car. Im worried Im gonna get into some serious problems if I have it looked at. Did you find out anything with yours?
  • jaxon2jaxon2 Posts: 5
    Most of my problems were with my 99. Power windows, power doorlocks, clock, Bose audio, wipers worked intermittently. Needed to replace module contained within the center console. It controls about 10 functions and some would work while others would not. Dealer part only. (Not available as aftermarket). About $300. Twice that if dealer installed. :cry:
  • bedrock4bedrock4 Posts: 1
    2002 Escalade service stability system and ABS light came on.....Does anyone have any idea what the cost might be to get this resolved? I have over 200k miles....The ABS still works fine... At this point I am not sure what options I have.

Thanks in advance for your help
  • sdf3sdf3 Posts: 1
    I bought an 09 Escalade brand new a couple years ago. Currently has ~28000 miles. So far I have had both front shock sensors go bad which took about 5 trips to the shop for them to figure out what was wrong - kept getting the "service suspension system" warning; there was a problem with the steering column that required a $1300 trip to the shop (under warranty); and now it is in the shop for not starting. The battery is good. Some service bulletin about the starter turning on the rear seat heaters and it interupting the starter (or else leaves the rear seat heaters on- that's what they told me anyway). They installed a software patch and called me to come get it. Got to the shop and it wouldn't start again. Left it there and they called a couple days later saying the starter was bad. They replaced it and called me to come get it. It didn't start again when I showed up (This time the Cadillac service guy said he was embarrassed). It is still at the shop now and has been a couple days since I have heard anything. I also have issues every once in a while with the speakers shutting off, the windows auto-up not working, and the side blind zone alert system shutting off all the time. I don't even want it back anymore. Is this normal? Anyone else have all these problems?
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,688
    edited July 2011
    Not "normal" but the Escalade hasn't gotten good reviews from a large portion of the automotive media---at least not from what I've read.

When you say "not starting" do you mean the engine cranks but doesn't catch, or that it won't even crank?

Maybe I or your regular host here could look up if there is a TSB or other info on your particular problem.

VISITING HOST
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    sdf3,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,029
    Two recalls, one for electrical problems and one for the fuel system.

Looks like over 30 Technical Service Bulletins have been issued for various problems.

2009 Cadillac Escalade (Edmunds Car Maintenance Guide).
  • Iam having the same problem with my 02 ext only has 35000 miles on it I replaced the rear shoes that were burned up.Its still dragging any ideas?
  • My husband bought my a 2002 USED Cadillac Escalade and I am having problems getting it to stop sometimes. The pedal is all the way to the floor and there is grinding at me feet. He took every thing off and nothing seems to be sticking. My brother in law said something about a brake system was recalled some time in the past on some vehicles. He is a certified HYUNDAI mechanic and he was kinda stumped on the hole thing. I NEED HELP as soon as possible.
  • My husband is also a certified mechanic and he is pretty stumped on the whole thing. I have searched googled it several times. Come up empty JUST LIKE THE SCAN TOOL. I think it has something to do with the SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM. My husband said maybe if he disconnects the ABS system it will STOP WHEN I want it to and not when it wants to. Maybe there were recalls or IT NEEDS TO BE. A 2002 is not very old. It only had one owner. The more I drive it the worst it gets. And I almost crashed in my garage door last night.