Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    The phantom wipe does have a fix. Caddy has a firmware module update that has been available for months, so the dealer is giving you a line.

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web shows:

BCM (Body Control Module), Wiper Control - Part # 15924898 CVN # 0000E48F (New software for improved operation including a fix for phantom wipe when rain sensing is enabled).

There have been 2 more upgrades since then as well. Current part # is 25779880 CVN # 00008143.

This is quoted from GM's service site. Go to the address above, and put in your VIN number. It shows all kinds of software upgrades for your specific vehicle. For each category of module you find, the most recent is on the top.

The transmission is another topic that has numerous upgrades as well. I current have an 4-5 shift flare, which is also identified on the TIS web-site. I have to schedule an appointment for this soon.

Dave.
  • zzz1zzz1 Posts: 1
    Try tuning the radio to 88.7...
  • I have seen many posts about the 2003 ESV that will without warning, not start. Has anybody determined the cause of the mysterious problems in our top of the line vehicles. I checked fuses, starter, and anything I could without taking much apart. I had it towed today and will report to you when and if the problem is solved. Does anybody know?
  • In my 03 the sound for the entertainment system can be found by going thru the source selection switch with the dvd player on. The option for the DVD player will appear and become available IF the DVD player is on.
  • REAR ACCESS OPEN MESSAGE COMES ON RANDOMLY MORE NOW THAN EVER TURNING DOME LIGHTS ON AND BEEPING WITH MESSAGE REAR ACCESS OPEN MESSAGE REAR WIPER WILL NOT WORK WHEN MESSAGE IS ON HAD TO DEALER 3 TIME TO NO AVAIL
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Just a suggestion, but turning off your CAPS LOCK and inserting occasional punctuation marks will make it easier for people to read your message and make it more likely for you to get a reply. :)

tidester, host
    Sorry, I couldn't resist...

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I noticed you did not reply to jezell's question. Could it be the use of ALL CAPS and lack of punctuation? Sorry, I couldn't resist ...! ;)

tidester, host
  • Sorry,I couln't resist.. GET A LIFE MORE ON HA HA!!!!
  • I have a 2002 Escalade and I have had it towed 5 times because it just wouldnt start. They put in 2 fuel filters so far, but it keeps happening. The last time I had it towed to the dealer it started when it got there. The other day I went to have it towed, again, and the tow driver said this has happened to him before, so he got under and hit the fuel tank with a 2 x 6 and guess what, it started. Anyone hear of this happening to them?
  • My 2003 ESV has developed an issue with wildly fluctuating voltmeter readings - usually start out at 14v, but drops to 9v or below after 30-35 minutes. I've had it checked while it read 9v and all was on-spec at 13.8v. No dimming of headlights, no other symptoms, just a screwy reading on the voltmeter. Caddy dealership says they can try replacing "instrument cluster" at a hefty price. Does not appear to be battery, alternator of regulator problem. Anyone with any similar experience or advice?
  • HI,I have a 2003 Escalade, no problems until yesturday when the truck would not start. Checked the starter, checked the battery, seemed to be ok. Please email me back, to let me know what was the problem with yours.
    Thank You,
    Al
  • vajohnvajohn Posts: 8
    Hi Al,
    Sorry to hear that. I drove over 1500 miles over the holidays and the voltmeter gave all kinds of readings from normal to zero to pegged out. Only conclusion is that the meter is shot, but replacing it means the whole panel. Guess I'll ignore it. I do see some starting problems mentioned previously in this forum, but have not had any issue along that line. Hope you find your problem. happy New Year.
  • vajohnvajohn Posts: 8
    Also, car should have come with wireless headsets which can tune in the audio.
  • Has anyone experienced a whining/whistling noise from the engine at high RPMS (>3000rpm) I took it into my dealership and they said "it could be normal" For some reason I don't believe them.
  • ahoronahoron Posts: 30
    Very common on the gm products from full size vans suvs and pickups. Time for a fuel pump!
  • 2002 escalade has no park brakes, pedal goes to floor and veh. will still roll. have a 99 vette, had same problem, found rear disc brakes have park brake shoes inside of disc rotor and hav to remove rotor and caliper to adjust park brake shoes, is the escalade the same system/procedure?
  • Update- problem has expanded to the oil pressure gage as well. Non-Caddy mechanic says it is a computer programming issue. Guess I'll see what GM says.
  • paulclgpaulclg Posts: 1
    Same problem
    2003 Escalade
    All power but will not turn over
    Did you find FIX?
  • hosiefahosiefa Posts: 3
    I have a 2003 Escalade with 87,000 miles. Twice now the engine has shut down (not off but down)the message center displays that the stabilitrac system has been disengaged and the engine power has been reduced. Anyone having this same problem now or in the past. and What is the solution. Thanks
    I have a 03 Esc with about 87,000 miles, just couple of days ago it started showing "reduced engine power" then stability track disabled" ...the engines goes down (but still runing) but with much reduced power and some times will shut off completely. I need help, can someone give some advice
    I would say the obvious thing would be to take it to the dealer so they can read the trouble codes, but I'm sure your avoiding the steep charges for service.

You might try and borrow or buy a code reader. This would be the best way to find the problem. The thing is called an OBD II interface, which you can buy at most auto-parts stores, or on-line. Plan on spending a few hundred.

Dave
    Thanks Dave for the advice. Actaully I think I have found a solution to the probelm( fingers crossed). I read on the the Yukon forum that the problem is cuased by loose or corroded ground cables. I had a guy check all the ground cables and since then (24hrs now) no sign of the same problem. Before the cables where check I can not drive for more than 10 to 20 mins before the msg comes on. Hope it never comes back.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    It didn't come with an owners maual because we bought it privately.

I have an extra owner's manual for an 04, that I'd be happy to give you. E-mail me with your address, and I'll ship it to you.
  • texsal94texsal94 Posts: 3
    I have an '02 Escalade as well, and it started having a "whining" noise about 3-4 years ago. I replaced the Power Steering fluid, but that has not helped. My co-worker has an '02 Tahoe and my Dad has an '05 Avalanche and they both have the same noise. The dealership claims everything is functioning normally and there's no discernible cause. I wish I had a suggestion, but I just opt to turn up the radio/music to drown it out.
    I have an '02 Escalade and I experience the same thing. It only happens intermittently, but I agree with the feeling...it feels like it transmission has "slipped" and takes a few seconds to "catch". Of course, the dealership "could not replicate the problem". It hasn't happened in awhile, but it does happen more frequently when I drive on the highway for a long time and have to come to a full stop.
    I have an '02 Escalade with 110k miles. This problem started, however, back when I only had 50k miles (and under warranty). After stopping, I accelerate and hear a very LOUD "flapping" or "ratcheting" sound from the engine/transmission. It sounds like the flapping noise from a diesel semi-truck. I have brought it in at least 6-8 TIMES to the dealership. Everytime I get it back, they claim they "could not replicate the problem". I feel like they did hear it, but was a major problem they didn't want to deal with since it was still under warranty. Now, I'm left with the same embarrassing problem and no warranty. Anyone have any suggestions? BTW, I owned a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais that made the SAME noise..it was transmission-related.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    It's probably a CV joint somewhere, going out. I have found the best way to get a mechanic to "replicate" the problem, is to make them take a drive with me and demonstrate it. Once they admit they hear it, they seem to be able to deal with it. Sometimes, I take the Service Manager with me..... It sure helps.
  • mil6753mil6753 Posts: 40
    Is there a free website where you can see Escalade TSB's?
  • jdodrilljdodrill Posts: 1
    I have a 1999 Cadillac Escalade with DTC Error Code P0452. This is described as Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Low Input. How do I "fix" the problem. I recently had the fuel pump replaced, before the "check engine" light came on. On a recent trip when I opened the gas cap to fill, it appeared to be under a vacuum. I saw where someone recommended to replace the gas cap, what other items should I check and how?