Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Problems and Solutions

Comments

• goggagogga Posts: 6
    Adp,
    The Chrysler fluid I used (Part # 5013457-AA) is also ATF+4 trans fluid. Same thing..

Gogga
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    thanks, gogga
  • kcrnmalekcrnmale Posts: 47
    The rear shoulder belt on my 1999 Jxi doesn't "lock" when I pull it forward. It only locks during a crash. The manual says this is OK because the lap belt portion is tight. I don't exactly feel comfortable about this. Any else want to comment?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014
    While you're waiting for other owners to reply, here's an article concerning child seat safety.

Child Safety Seat Primer

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• tony5251tony5251 Posts: 1
    I have an 01- 4cyl sebring that has a gas gauge that constantly swings from "empty" & back to its proper level. The biggest problem is that it "chimes" every time it hits "E". The dealer says its probably a bad sensor ($300). I would be happy just turning off the chime! Can anyone give me some direction on if it can be done & how?
  • tommvtommv Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a Sebring Convertible, and I've been looking for a tan top. The LXI lease returns w/ red ext. generally come w/ a black top.
    So I'd like to hear from "tan top" and "black top" owners about the relative amount of heat that seems to be passed through to the inside of the convertible. I hope the air conditioning makes this an irrelevant concern.
  • Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and to owning a 2001 Sebring LX (I bought it yeserday). Though I feel he car is performing well, I do have a whinning noise while I excelerate. The dealer looked at it and said it was the transfer gears and there is no problem, it just makes that noise. Anyone else run into this? It is a little annoying but not terrible. Thanx.
  • shtik80shtik80 Posts: 3
    WHERE IS THE SPEED SENSOR LOCATED ON MY CHRYSLER SEBRING CONVERTIBLE? I NEED TO REPLACE IT AND IT ISNT COVERED BY THE CHILTON MANUAL. ANY HELP WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED
  • The black top will definitely make it hotter, if you live in a warm climate. We got the dark green with the taupe top and the taupe interior and it still gets hot so the black will definitely will draw some intense heat. We carry some small towels that we can drape over the seats when its been sitting out on the 100 degree sun.
  • My "04 Limited does the same and it seems to be inherent to the tranny. have 6300 miles and no problems so far except replacing the noisy motor for the top.
    Later, Joe
  • ladyjayladyjay Posts: 1
    Hi, I had this same issue and it took week to figure it out. The PCM (powertrain control module) had to be replaced. Hope thi shelps.
  • I recently had the battery replaced on my 96 Sebring Convertible. The day after I tried to put the top down and....nothing. I've checked the fuses but they all seem to be fine. Any ideas?
  • I just bought a 97 sebring and would like to attempt the odo/tach repair that you have described. The link that shows the pictures w/the directions comes up as not available. Any chance you have another website that shows the pics with the directions?

Thanks a lot

Chuck Kelsey
  • My top has been taking longer and longer to come up. I fear the top is almost dead. Can I replace the top motor on my own? Or do I need to take it to the dealership? I saw online where I could buy the motors and I would really like to do it myself. I have been looking online but cannot find anything. Any tips? My Sebring is a 98 and I live in Los Angeles so I use the top a lot.
  • give me your email address and I will send the files you need. I have it on a backup DVD which is a good thing as my laptop's hard drive died last month. thanks.
  • peckpeck Posts: 1
    i have a 1996 JXI convertible and no owners manual. Does anyone know where the battery is and if so please let me know. Then there is the question about shutting off the alarm when you dont know how and does anyone else have the problem of the tach and odometer not working. This is more of a headach than anything.
  • I'm also having the same problem with my odometer/tachometer. Any way you can post the link to the diagram again or send it my way? Thanks!
  • Contacting you to ask for insight into shopping for such a convertible. I'm inclined to agree w/ tan top, as I'm looking at moving to Az. soon. How did your shopping go? Did you buy? Are you happy w/ result? I think I'll hold out for a low mileage Limited, '01 - '02 model.
  • BATTERY IN IN DRIVERS WHEEL WELL, TURN STEERING ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT AND TAKE OFF COVER PLATE IN THE FRONT OF THE WHEEL.
  • twa5twa5 Posts: 2
    I am looking at buying a 2002 Sebring LX 4 door with the 2.7 liter 6 cylinder (39,000 miles). Any concerns with the engine "oil sludge" issues so common in '00 and '01 or was this issue corrected in the 2002's. I hate to end up like so many Intrepid owners. Please comment on any issues, good or bad, for the 2002 models.
  • I have a 2001 LX Sebring V6 45000miles.Mine is doing the same thing.
    Wondering if you had foud the actual reason and possible fix.It is getting annoying!
  • Posted this on the convertible page & have not received any replies. Thought I might try on this bulliten board.

What is it with the power windows in these cars?!
    I am the 2nd owner of a beautiful gun metal grey limited. About 2 weeks after I bought it the drivers side window doesn't go down unless I tap the top up/down switch while holding down the window switch (don't ask how I figured out how to do that work around!). Now the same problem is happening with the back passenger window. I suspect the relays over the motors. Anyone out there have any experience with this problem & how did you remedy?
  • Hi,
    The battery is in the drivers side wheel well. It is a pain to get to. They say that if you turn the wheel real sharply to the right I think, that you can get to it, but it is still hard. I had mine replaced by Pep boys and it was worth every penny. They only charge about 15 to 20 bucks to do it, and on THIS car it is worth it. I usually replace my own, but I was real glad to pay this time.
  • trecetrece Posts: 2
    you have to take it to a auto motive person to have them set your tires on the computer that they have. that is how mines is actually mines is 20 miles faster. the guy set the tires to be 10 not 14.
  • trecetrece Posts: 2
    have the car scan by a automotive service person. see the codes it bring up.
  • Dealer has blamed tires. New tires now.Blamed power steering unit.New power steering pump.The high pitched wine/whirr is still there under accelleration. Very annoying. Any ideas out there?
  • Please check #152 #162
  • are there anybody that has one yet ? how does it handle.?
  • ceadsceads Posts: 24
    any ideas? Last week it lost power going down the highway the died later it started up then did it again ,I was told the fuel pump was bad ,It was replaced now it wont start, it tries to turn over but just cranks and cranks , please help, 97 V-6 Conv. 115k
  • I am having the same problem as chitra in message #165. My car is a 2001 Sebring LX1 with 21000. My dealer thinks it is in the ignition to shifter cable (auto on floor). They say the adjustment is OK. We have also had a problem with not being able to get the key out on cold days (interior still cold), but when interior is warmed up all seems to be OK. Any Ideas?
This discussion has been closed.