Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Vitara Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Wal-Mart broke off my dipstick when they changed the oil last and didnt let me know...I changed my own oil today and couldnt tell from the manual how much oil to use - it looks like 4.4 quarts. HERE'S the question: I have a 2000 Vitara 2.0 stick-shift, 4x4, soft top, 2-door with broken dipstick...How many quarts of oil do I use, and do I use one less iff putting SLICK 50 in it? Thanks.
  • I had the same problem with my 2002 Suzuki Vitara, when I brought it to the mechanic he said it was a cable that came loose, he put it back in place and it worked immediately. It did manage to come off within a week of him fixing it. He put it back in place and my heat has been working like new ever since. I noticed that it was not working earlier this year.
  • Hi, It looks like it's been a while since you wrote your posting...
    Did you ever find an answer to your question. What ever happened?
    I have an almost exact situation.
    Thanks,
    Suzanne
  • Hi,
    Were you ever able to fix the problem? My 2000 Grand Vitara is having the same problems.
    Suzanne
  • Two mechanics had told me it was the timing chain. The dealership replaced a gasket. Two days later it was back in. This time it was the tensioner. Two days later it was back in for the same noise. The third time they determined it was a generic oil filter. They replaced the filter with a Suzuki oil filter, and the noise appears to have disappeared.
  • Thank you for responding. I'm glad your car was fixed.
  • i am looking for guidance on the installation of fog lights on my wife's 2008 grand vitara.
  • IS THE POWER STEERING FLUID RESERVOIR LOCATED AT THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT NEAR THE COOLANT OVERFLOW ?
  • Hi,
    On suzuki-forums.com some guy posted pictures and instructions for fog light installation. But read down because another person said there is no need to remove some parts he says to. Good luck. I was also told that taking it to a car stereo installer is another alternative.
  • i have a rattling noise coming from my 2.0td i cant seem to locate it can anyone help me
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Posts: 148
    Front, rear, side, going around corners, driving straight, type of road when doing it, louder with windows opened, stereo on or off????

A bit of info might get you some real answers.
  • tarubtarub Posts: 1
    Hi, Im from the Philippines and I recently acquired a pre-owned vitara, 98 model auto trans. My concerns is that on idle speed, my dashboard vibrates terribly. It feels like your driving a worn out diesel engine truck.
    What could possibly be wrong? does it have to do with my idling?
    Also, the airconditioning is weak. Replaced my expansion valve, condenser and the sysyem cleaned too but its not cold enough. Any advise on what to do, thanks
  • pinger1pinger1 Posts: 1
    At 90k miles and uses 3 qts of oil in 500miles..no leaks.Only blows whitest smoke going up the mountians.runs fine otherwise.Is it time to junk it?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    White exhaust means that water or antifreeze is getting into your cylinders and is likely due to a failed head gasket. Your engine is probably overheating and serious damage is possible if it's not taken care of.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • my 99 GV is missing while in gear and running down the road , it is also missing while idling now . up until today it wasn't a constant thing . I have changed the spark plugs , the fuel filter and added injector cleaner to it , to no avail . I am also getting a horrible rotten egg smell when it does this . help , it's the only transportaion i have and i can't afford to buy another vehicle .
  • bm000092bm000092 Posts: 70
    (horrible rotten egg smell ), most probably your catalytic converter is clogged.
  • ewelshewelsh Posts: 1
    Hello, i have a 2002 vitara and the radio quit working. The clock display still works when the button is pushed so i think i still have power???? Cant find a blown fuse or not looking in the right spot. Can you help me?
  • My lights began to pulsate more than usual and then the blower didn't work. I replace the blower motor less than a year ago , and thought it may be the resistor, so I changed it. That did nothing. Found the "defrost" fuse blown and replaced it and it began to work, but fuse popped after about 5 minutes. Checked the blower switch and it crumbled into pieces, so I unplugged it, put a new fuse in and still it POPPED! Lights got worst so changed the alternator and solved that light problem. Put another fuse in and all seemed good, but after about 10 minutes(you guessed it) POP! The trouble with this is, the same fuse controls the blower switch as well as the auto light feature. Need to fix, cold now and have no heat!! A :sick: ny answers????? Not an auto electrician by any means and like everyone else can't afford one either, so any help is appreciated!!!!
  • What year is your Grand Vitara ?
  • I have a 2006 grand vatara and the other day, I went to go from air conditioner to heater and it would not go to heater. Then I heard a noise under dash or somewhere and heat appeared. Now when we turn the air conditioner on no air just high heat. the little car on dash is blinking and all I have is high heat and no other control of heater or air conditioner. Can you explain and tell me how to fix this problem?