Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Vitara Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• sookiesookie Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Grand Vitara Limited Edition and it's a special car, so special we can't locate the spark plugs to change them? Anyone find theirs? Somebody please help me???!!!
  • yesyesyesyesyesyes Posts: 5
    I had to get some work done - So I asked the dealer to set it. I still don't know how tho. Thanks...
  • robbo2robbo2 Posts: 1
    can anyone out there show me the light and tell me how on earth the top comes down on this thing!!bought witout a handbook(duh!) and im too dumb to figure it out!!i can lift the front quarter and the rear window comes out brave n handy,but the middle,important section is thrownig me for 5!!!help!!oh n wheres the bonnet release catch!!
    :blush:
  • harold3harold3 Posts: 6
    Anyone experiencing hot starting problems or cut out when hot. Go to Tracker forum and check message#1090
  • sambatsambat Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Grand Vitara V6 which has done 44,000 miles and is a bit of a "rock and roller" on the road. I am not sure if this is normal as I have had the vehicle a few months.
    I would be interested to know if anyone has done any suspension mods to their GV in order to make it more stable and handle better on road.
    (UK)
  • Has anyone had problems with the diesel combustion system needing to be replaced at the first and second service of 7,000km and 15,000km (5,000 and 10,000 miles)

I appear to be having the liquid in this sytem contaminated by a blue/green liquid which in turn corrodes the insides of the system.
  • pnurplecpnurplec Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 grand vitara that I bought new. The transmission and the AC unit had to be replaced around 30,000 miles. I had to fight with Suzuki to get them to cover the cost as the warranty had just expired (0f course). :mad:
  • pnurplecpnurplec Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 suzuki grand vitara and last dec i also rear ended a mini van going about 40 mph. My airbag did not deploy either but the front of my car was badly damaged. The transmission and AC were destroyed and the engine moved forward '3 inches' and it took nearly 2 months to get my car back from the body shop bc 'suzuki parts are hard to get'. BTW, while my car had to be towed, the mini van drove away with minimal damage. :sick:
  • I just bought a barely used 2002 Vitara from Saturn and I've been driving it around and I tried to put on the cruise control, but it doesn't seem to work [either that or I just don't know how to do it]. So how do you do it? Thank you so much! :o)

-- Mary Catherine
  • Press and Hold the up/down keys in the lower right corner. If I remember rightly Up is the hour change and down is minutes.
  • I just bought one and i cant get the bl**dy roof down either!!!! The bonnet catch is in the glove box .

HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hello im over in EN-GER-LAND
    IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET HOLD OF THE WASHER JETS FRONT AND REAR AND ALSO APETROL FLAP AS MINE IS RUSTING THRU

CAN ANYONE HELP
    THANX
    :cry: MARC
  • alexb2alexb2 Posts: 1
    RE GRAND VITARA V6 99' AUTO - I AM EXPERIENCING A SMALL NOISE INTERMITTENT WHEN MOVING OFF FROM START OR AT ABOUT 30 MPH 2OOO REVS - SOUNDS LIKE GEARS / PRESSURE MAYBE ?THE GARAGE HAS TOLD ME IT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT COULD BE THE HEAT SHIELD WHICH CAN EASILY BE SORTED ANY VIEWS?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    Welcome to Edmunds.com Forums!

In the future, please refrain from posting in all capital letters. It's difficult to read and appears a though you are SHOUTING.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• beno_jxbeno_jx Posts: 1
    hey all... im 16 and i have a 89 model vitara soft top and ive had some engine work done...ive had my block and head decked, a 25 65 cam put in, a holley and a new cold air induction...my car is punchin out a compression ratio of about 9:1(new standrd wrx's are 10:1)...im installing a new 2 1/4 inch exhaust with a 3 inch tip and im in the middle of my already $2000 stereo install :) the only problem with the high compression means i cant run a turbo or supercharger...the colour is a custom bright orange which looks hot...im hoping to put it on the dyno in the near future...i am also removing the front drive shafts and diff...pics coming soon i hope

peace out all...happy drivin
  • lucerolucero Posts: 1
    i own a 1995 suzuki vitara. there's a new "noise" I noticed under the hood. it seems to come from somewhere on the left side (facing the engine, and the exhaust pipe on the right). probably the box where the air intake meets the manifols. it's like a "whirr" of a small motor. thanks for any advise/comment
  • Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to change the valve stem oil seals on a V-6 Grand Vitara (1999) without removing the heads?
  • hi,guys from england :) ,i have just brought a grand vitara 2.0 diesiel which is 2 years old,i have not got a manual for it yet as the garage i brought it from dont have any in stock.
    i was wondering what is the button that is by the auto gear box lever with the words HEAT on for ??? it also lights up when you press it,i dont know what it does can someone let me know please :blush:
    Thanks Micky
  • We just picked up a 'new to us' vitara and I have been unable to figure out how to set the clock - your information on how to set the clock is much appreciated!!
  • I recently bought a 2001 vitara jx complete with a soft top. I have since picked up a hard top that comes with a rear defroster on the rear window. The wiring harness from the hard top seems like it should connect in the rear corner of the passenger side but there is no matching harness on the car. Does anyone have any experience connecting up to this harness and is it easy to locate under the trim??

Thanks!