Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Vitara Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• Wow the price came down a lot. How much mileage was on it when you got it?

It sounds like you got a great replacement for your lemon car...
  • saabskisaabski Posts: 57
    Hello all,

I have a final offer of $18,555 before TT&L for a 2006 Grand Vitara Luxury in Azure Gray with black leather. Sticker is at $24,500, and I do have to take their balloon cash (which I can refinance in three months with my bank) and do a balloon payment at first to get the final ofer.
    Is this a fair price?
  • Sounds like a good price. What dealer and do they have any more at that price?

Thanks
  • rxv2562rxv2562 Posts: 3
    Hi All -
    I am planning to buy the 2007 Grand Vitara and i need to get some feedback from people who own this vehicle.

- How good is the reliability ? Any major issues that owners have face
    - How many mpg in city ?
    - Is it a worthy investment or better to invest in Honda Crv or Toyota Rav 4 ?

Thanks all
  • xostnotxostnot Posts: 232
    The reliability is proving to be better than average. Not stellar or perfect, but given that today's cars are so reliable to begin with, you'd be safe to eliminate this as a criterium for your decision.

City mpg varies as much as what "city" means. This is not a light car, and unless you get the 2wd version, is always in 4wd. So if you're looking for a fuel miser, this isn't it. The X-Trail may be the best in this regard.

The Grand Vitara holds resale value well. Yes, resale value is not as high as CRV or Rav4, but an equivalent model costs less to begin with. Keep the difference in cost in the bank and make interest on it. Consumer's Guide rated the '07 GV as the best value in the segment.

IF you really need the GV's off-road capabilities, which are the best in this segment except for Chrysler's Liberty and Patriot, then choosing the GV is a no-brainer.

If you don't need those capabilities, then the choice is harder because you pay a price to drag around all that extra metal, put up with stiffer suspension, get less milage due to the weight and full-time AWD, etc.

Styling could well tip the balance also, if you happen to really like or dislike the GV. Or if you want something that's relatively uncommon to see on the road.
  • Hi All -
    I negotiated the price on a 2007 Grand Vitara XSport model for a final price of $23107 with the following options.

1. 0% APR for 60 months
    2. 5 year free oil change package

Is this a good deal ? Please let me know friends ! I love the Vitara!
  • Try this.

At least in Texas Area, you can get additional $2,500 Ballon Payment "rebate" for going with Suzuk's in-house financing. Most dealers in my area are throwing in $1,000 Suzuki rebate, and about $2,500 in discount before ballonn cash. So you could have up to $6,000 off MSRP even before negotiation. This would make your car about $17,107 before TT&L. All you need to do is when you receive the first paymet coupon, just walk down to your credit union and refinance it-under your own terms. Suzuki balloon payment interest rate is something crazy like 7.9% .By the way, balloon is like a hybrid lease and purchase., and not availabel in all states.
  • http://www.mattblatt.com/NewModelsPage

Is this a good deal? Is it possible to re-fi thru my credit union the next day and pay $12390 for the 2008 Grand Vitara like they advertise? I've never seen anything like this before so I know there must be a catch, right? Thanks for any insight.
2»
This discussion has been closed.