Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus Remote...To purchase or not to purchase????

blkmgkblkmgk Posts: 54
edited March 2014 in Lexus
I need to buy the remote that comes with a 97 LS400. Mine got damaged. The dealer is charging an arm and a leg(nothing new)for a new one. I believe it's about $295 to purchase the remote-not the key-.(not to mention the labor, which is no less than $85/hr)
The remote opens the trunk, doors and driver side window.
If I were to purchase a clifford,which costs about the same, it turns the car on, opens the trunk, opens all windows and it might just bring the car to you!(not sure)
which would you buy?
·

Comments

• wtd44wtd44 Posts: 1,211
    I had a Nissan Pathfinder remote stop functioning. I was shocked when told that a replacement for this $5 electronic "nothing" would cost me $85. When I regained my composure, I asked that the entire episode be handled under the 3 year 30K warranty. They did it without batting an eye. My warranty runs out in 2 months...
    ·
  • blkmgkblkmgk Posts: 54
    I am glad that you gained your composure, I almost when into a coma when the dealer rep told me the costs for the same item.
    ·
  • Just like so many other things in life. You can get remotes on eBay foer under $20...........
    ·
    Does anyone know of an over-the-counter source for aftermarket "clickers" for automobiles? I want a less expensive alternative that doesn't involve Internet risks.
    ·
  • Here is an on-line shops that deals in replacement keyless entry remotes.

http://www.remotesunlimited.com/shop/default.asp
    ·
    Many thanks. I'll surf that site ASAP.
    ·
  • blkmgkblkmgk Posts: 54
    I called them up and they told me 79 bucks for my 96 ls 400 remote.
    ·
  • lokkilokki Posts: 1,200
    Tell them you need a remote and ask them if you know where you could get one for $50....

You'll get one.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.
Lexus Remote...To purchase or not to purchase???? - Car Forums at Edmunds.com