Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hard Starting with Malibu 3.1 V6

malibulsmalibuls Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
This problem occurs when my engine is hot and also when my engine is cold.
When my engine is hot, and I shut off the engine for 15 mins or more, sometimes it would have a hard time starting. I can hear it crank a number of times and it may eventually startup with rough idling. Sometimes I give it some gas and then it will start.
When the weather gets cooler (0C to 10C), this hard starting problem occurs when the engine is cold. It would crank a number of times and eventually it would start up but the RPM is very rough. The RPM would bounce up and down (surging??) between 600 - 1200 RPM for about 10 seconds and would level out at about 900RPM..
I complained to the dealership quite a number of times, but they can't seem to replicate the problem. They've also checked my computer for error codes, but there are no codes.
I don't know what the hell is wrong with this car, I've had so many problems since day one and this problem is just one of the more annoging one.
Any one have any idea what the problem could be and how it can be fixed??

Comments

• 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Have they checked the fuel pressures?
    That should be the first check.
    They should confirm that the key on pressure and cranking or running pressures are with in specs.
    The other thought is that there might be a problem with the fuel pump relay.
This discussion has been closed.