Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Sonata Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• suzannaflsuzannafl Posts: 84
    I couldn't find the mudflaps, but do you recall what color they are/come in?

They put black ones on my Sonata.
    I would prefer the white ones I saw on another Sonata at another dealer.

Thanks,
    S
  • sonlxsonlx Posts: 21
    Hi Folks, I have a 2003 2.7 litre V-6 Sonata and I've got a few lighting questions. One of my foglights went out and I want to replace it myself. I am wondering how to know what bulb goes in. I am also considering getting brighter lights for my headlights and the foglights. Does anyone know how I can find out if the bulb is Legal to install. I live in Massachusetts. Thank You :D
  • sonlxsonlx Posts: 21
    Hi Folks again. Sorry to double post. I forgot to mention that my lights behind the stereo went out. I am wondering how to get behind that or where I can get information on how to do that. If anyone knows, that would be great. Thank You :)
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    $45.00 delivered on EBAY for Front and Rear.

Black.
  • tanda35tanda35 Posts: 2
    Has anybody installed a trailer hitch with 1 1/4" receiver opening? I need to install one and see there are a couple of brands out there (hidden hitch, reese, etc.). There are no images in Google.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    If you're looking for an 06 Sonata, try here:

06 Sonata Hitches
  • tanda35tanda35 Posts: 2
    Yes, I forgot the year/model. It is an 06' Sonata. Thanks for the link.
  • jimstrenkjimstrenk Posts: 56
    Can they be installed by the owner, or must you have a dealer/repair shop install them.

I recall asking my dealer about cost for flaps + installation. I got a top of the head quote of $166.00 for flaps and installation.

I know there's a dedicated web site for Sonata parts that sells those guards for about $43.00. I'm not sure however if installation instructions are included and if the it requires special tools and procedures to install.

I'd like to be able to install them myself.
  • refllxrefllx Posts: 4
    I got mine for $38 for four plus somewhat expensive shipping, search the net. I believe each kit comes with an installation sheet but do you need it? Remove only the existing screws that line up with the holes in the mudguards, position the guards and reinstall the old screws or use the new screws that are included in the kit. Tighten firmly but don't over tighten... you're dealing with plastic nuts vs metal screws but they aren't overly fragile. No holes have to be drilled.
    It will require a ninety degree phillips head screwdriver of some sort such as the ratcheting one I used or possibly a stubby because there is just a couple inches between the tire and the mudguard. You could turn each front out of the way and install the fronts then remove each rear wheel to do the rears but it would be much easier not to. With the ninety degree screwdriver its a half hour job.
  • jimstrenkjimstrenk Posts: 56
    Gee Refllx, thanks for the reply.

As I believe I stated in my original posting on this subject, while visiting my dealer, I asked a Service Writer about the approximate cost of purchase and installation. His ballpark figure was $168!!

Having spent a lot of time looking at my car, I thought all you had to do is removed the existing screws, place mud guard in place and re-install the screws. I'm still baffled how someone suggested $168.00 for purchase and installation of the mud guards! :confuse:

I'll be placing an order shortly and do it myself.

Thanks again for your reply. It is appreciated! :D
  • jal012773jal012773 Posts: 63
    Hey everyone. Prospective '06 Sonata GLS V6 owner here looking for a rear decklid spoiler. I was disappointed to see that Hyundai does not offer anything like that. Does anyone have any leads on a spoiler that will fit this car? What I have in mind is something like that for the Honda Accord.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    EBAY has them.
  • tbear503tbear503 Posts: 70
    Re: spoilers: Go the www.kpsec.com. website(a Hyundai/Kia aftermarket supply in Korea); and ,you can also find them on ebay. I ordered trunk-lid trim from kspec, got it in about 6- 8 days in good shape. They have lots of items for the new Sonata there. Good luck!
  • awal17821awal17821 Posts: 1
    Hey Ive purchased a used Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 2001. I like the car, but i think some modifications are needed. I am interested in replacing the sound system but thats later on. First, I would like to remedy the speed factor. I beleive the stock HP of the Sonata is (correct me if i am wrong) 170 HP. I have an automatic. Speed wise for acceleration, it will be behind a modified manual. Is it possible to boost the performance so that i could make the car fast? Questions below:

How much will a spolier cost (i heard it boosts about 5 hp)

How much will a transmission change to manual cost? (heard thousands)

I found no premade turbos for the sonata. Though i know you can put a turbo on any car. Can anyone help me design one that i can purchase?

Nitrous. Nitrous. Nitrous. Is there a nitrous kit i can put on my sonata?

Ive heard of a manual boost you can put in your steering wheel that feeds your car pure gas which gives you a manual boost. However you're susposed to have a guage dial to track it. Anyone heard of anything like that?

Is there a cold air intake i can put on my sonata and whats the cost?

I know its a lot of information, but if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
  • cajuncyclercajuncycler Posts: 172
    I'm surprised to hear that. My 06 Sonata came with a cute spoiler on the back with a built in brake light. I can't believe the dealer can't find that for you. None of the cars on his lot have them??
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    How much did the spoiler add to the price of the car?
  • cajuncyclercajuncycler Posts: 172
    Not a dime. There were two GLS Sonatas on the lot with spoilers and one LX model with a spoiler and moonroof. I searched the sticker on my car and the spoiler is not even mentioned. The other GLS was white and I just sold a white car, too hard to keep clean, so I chose the silver blue one. I paid $16,995 before tax title and license. I think it adds so much to the appearance. The Saturn I just sold had one just like it on it. But if these cars have the spoilers on the lot, surely a dealer can add them. I can't imagine any part that is not available to them to do so. If you are buying new, insist they add one.
  • nacenace Posts: 45
    i did not realize that my new 06 gls v6 does not come with automatic door locks. any information would be appreciated as to after market installation and cost. thank you
  • jal012773jal012773 Posts: 63
    I asked my dealer about a spoiler and they have apparently put some on for other Sonata buyers. They get them from a supplier in another town and they look like a spoiler for the Accord. He never got back with me on a price, but I have seen them on the net with the integrated brake light for around $235 painted. I don't trust myself to install it myself without screwing something up.
  • pekelopdpekelopd Posts: 139
    There must be a mistake. You should be able to lock all your doors with the remote key fob, or by pressing the power door lock button on the driver's door panel. Unless you are referring to the doors automatically locking upon movement of the car. This is a feature built into the locks, but must be activated by the dealer. It's not activated because you can set the speed of the car for it to engage at. Take caution that some dealers may want to try and charge you for this. Many reviews in these boards have been able to get it done. Search the rest of these reviews regarding "Hyundai Sonata"