Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mobo137:

I snagged my '09 GLS manual for $14,500 OTD back in April. You probably won't be able to get anywhere near that kind of price for a '10 any time soon. In fact, I wouldn't expect to be able to get a great price on the '10 until some time in the spring or even summer of '10.

Once the newly redesigned '11s start showing up on the dealship lots, I'd expect a HUGE price drop on the '10s, as most people will want the new design.

Do any of your local dealers have 09 GLS Sonatas in stock? You should be able to get a great price on those now.

If I had to guess what a base model '10 Sonata GLS manual would be going for right now, I'd say $17,700 - $18,500 would be considered a great deal.

I hope that helps.
  • dca4dca4 Posts: 5
    does anyone have an idea what's a good price on the 2010 i4 Limited? i got a quote for $21,500 +TTL (no navigation). MSRP is 25,700 including destination charge.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,710
    OK, OK, so it's $0 after trade-in, before license and title fee. I couldn't resist saying $0. :)

I just traded my Blue Bunny (2007 Rabbit 2-door) even-up for a 2007 Sonata GLS I4 AT with the Preferred Package (power seat, trip computer, leather wheel with audio controls, auto headlamps, etc.). Has 37,000 one-owner miles (not a rental), new Kumho Solus tires, and looks and drives like new. It's steel grey, which is my favorite color from the 2007 MY.

I loved the Rabbit, had it only 8 months, but we just got rid of our Chrysler minivan and found my wife needs a little bigger car, and one that is easier to climb in and out of (she has a bad back and knees). Our other car at home is an Elantra. So I decided if I could trade the Rabbit even-up for a bigger car, I would do it. I found two Sonatas with exactly the same color and equipment, but one had the new tires and the other a bit fewer miles with original rubber. The dealer with the 37k Sonata finally agreed to the even-up trade after haggling; the other dealer stuck firm at $400 + T&L. Both dealers were pleasant to work with, professional and up-front, no tricks. I bought the car from Luther Hyundai Kia in Bloomington, MN.

I've always liked the Gen 4 Sonata and almost bought one a couple of times, including last spring when I bought the Rabbit. I think it has a great combination of room, quiet ride, and buttoned-down style for the money. And it will be a better car for my wife to haul the family around in, and even for the occasional long trip.

If anyone is wondering, yes, I did take the car for a long drive and checked for any unusual suspension noise. I drove on my favorite "test track", a back road with washboard surfaces, potholes, and curves. No strange noises from the suspension. I did notice a little tire whine on a textured freeway surface, but I've heard that kind of noise on the same road on other cars so I chalk it up to normal tire noise.

The "Internet special price" of the Sonata was $11k, down from $12k. Loan value is $12.3k per my bank. I bought the Rabbit last April for $11k + T&L, and put zero into the car except gas, so my cost of ownership for the Rabbit was pretty low. Book value is around $9500 for trade-in. Plus it's due for its 40k service, which would have probably cost a few hundred bucks, while the Sonata shouldn't need any major maintenance for 2-1/2 years based on how far we drive in a year. And it has about 2-1/2 years of factory warranty left.
  • Congrats on the car, man! Sounds like you got a fair deal on the trade in. I'm sure the steel grey paint job looks great with those tires (especially with a nice coat of Armor-All rubbed on).

Happy driving!
  • Hi - The delaer I am working with in Roseville CA offered 18K OTD for 2010 base GLS model. I am bargaining for 17.5k and will also ask for 0% PAR with tinted windows. Is it a fair price and what are the chnaces I will get it?

Any suggestions are appreciated
  • Just got home with a silver GLS, manual transmission for 15300 and 0% over 5 years.

Mobo
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,738
    mobo: Wow--that's a great deal on an impressive car! Please give a report on how the manual shifts. Was it hard to get that deal, or did they pretty much just give it to you?

Many congratulations. Again, that's an amazing price on a very nice car.

Any other thoughts on the car so far? I assume you do not have the dreaded suspension thunk that has plagued a few Sonatas over the years?
  • Lithia Hyundai of Renton (near seattle) is advertising the car for 12999 after all rebates. I do not qualify for the military, college, nor the 1000 so the price was 15400 including only floor mats. My local dealer who I bought my 2008 Santa Fe Limited would not match the price. Everett Hyundai (near seattle) actually bettered it by 100. but only if I took one in stock. Which I did, took about 1 hour including financing.

Lithia ad is still up until tomorrow. Good Luck.

No suspension thunk and the shifter is smooth like butter, much nicer than a 09 I test drove 6 months ago.

Mobo
  • Congrats on the car!

I have the '09 GLS manual, I paid $14,500 back in April. You got a great deal!

You're right, the shifting on the '09 GLS is not as smooth as one would like. The clutch takes some getting used to as well. It feels like you have to let the clutch out 6 inches before it will catch. After a while I got used to it.
  • Started looking for a base 2010 Sonata GLS 4 dr. automatic. So far the best OTD price I have found is $18,250 with 0% financing for 5 years in lieu of the 1k rebate. I think I can do better. Not in a hurry. Any thoughts?
  • The USAA website (Zag.com) is advertising it for $16,334 (which includes the $1,000 rebate). Fitzmall (fitzmall.com) is also offering the base GLS 4 cyl with auto at $16,386. IDK what your taxes are, but this should give you an idea.
    what is a good reduction off the invoice price? fitzmall has a 2010 Limited at the following prices:

Invoice: $23,909
    Internet Price: $21,371 (includes $1,000 rebate, but not $500 loyalty as far as I can tell)

total deduction off invoice: $2,538. $1,000 from Hyundai rebate, the remaining $1,538 from fitzmall.

is this the benchmark to look for at local dealers, about $1,500 off invoice price?
  • Dealer in Downingtown PA. (Colonial Hyundai) has a 20% of of list - another $1000 (Could have been more) I heard.
    No navigation or any other add-ons, except floor mats. Bought it last week:

MSRP: $25,550 (including destination fee)
    Dealer Price: $21,300
    Rebates: $1,000 + $500 loyalty

Purchase Price: $19,800

Out The Door: $19,800+taxes+$150 document fees

I think i got a good deal from the dealer. They said they got a special incentive from Hyundai and were able to discount aggressively
  • dca4:

Congrats on the new car! I think you got a great deal!
  • In Chicago Purchased NEW 2010 Sonata Base with Mats and IPOD cable
    MSRP 20,750.00 Out the door 17,624.80

the selling price was $15565.00 sales tax 1671 and 388 for license Doc fee Etc

This was at Mcgrath on Grand
  • Dallas Metroplex area Purchased NEW 2010 Sonata GLS with Mats and CargoNet
    Purchase Price 15,988.00 + T,TL

Out the door 17,308.01
  • Picked up a silver GLS at Atlantic Hyundai in West Islip, NY on Monday. Got a lease for $3300 down total and $189 a month for 36 months with 12,000 miles a year. It is amazing how many features come standard on a bare bones GLS. The car drives beautifully and I saw heads turning when I was stopped at a red light.
  • The All New 2011 HYUNDAI SONATA
    Lease for Only $219/mo for 36 months
    w/ $999 DOWN!
    http://www.hatfieldhyundai.net/specials/new.htm
  • oopsyoopsy Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2010 Sonata GLS with popular package and ipod cable for $16,800 + TTL in Boston, MA.

Out the door - around 18,300.
  • Not many postings online for what buyers are paying for the 2011 Sonata. The best price I got (surprisingly) for the LTD w/nav was $150 over invoice. Wasn't expecting such a good price for such a HOT commodity. Stumbled across Sams Club in my online search and their dealer is giving it to me for Invoice. Ganley Westside Imports in N.Olmsted, OH.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,991
    Check the 2011 Sonata general discussion as well. Posters are putting "price paid" stuff in there as well.
  • Just looked at a 2011 GLS today. Stickered right at 22K. very, very, nice inside and out. Didn't have an opportunity to test drive, but I did start it up and turned on the radio. The radio was turned to XM. That said, the base radio is poor quality. I tried using the controls to adjust bass, treble, fade, etc. It sounded "tinny" no matter how I adjusted it.

Just my thoughts.
  • Is this price with 0% financing option? Dealers are asking around 18500 with 0% finaicing for base GLS 2010 automatic Sonata.

Thanks
  • oopsyoopsy Posts: 2
    This price is without the 0% financing option.
  • A dealer just e-mailed me the lease stats. For 36 months/12k - 58% residual & money factor .00095
  • REF: 6632
    I have some add'l info for 36mo/12k per year:
    GLS 60% .00048
    Limited 58% .00095

ymmv
  • hhr06hhr06 Posts: 47
    help a dummy here what is the bottom line for this lease in real dollars. thanks
  • Ohhhh, you're not a dummy. You just have to have patience and check out different dealers for prices. Typically the "bottom line" lease depends on the MSRP, Selling Price, Residual Value, Interest Rate and lease terms. The latter three are set..the first one is also set...the second number - negotiable.

The selling price depends on your diligence in dealing with different dealers until you get the best price. Dealers like to make you think a "lease" price is different from a "sale" price, but it's not.

I am going to a dealer on Saturday and I will post my results afterwards. So far, I'm getting the 2011 Sonata Limited w/nav for cost (invoice).
  • You could of course go with their "lease deal" but it does not always work out to be a "deal" because they normally want you to put money down (and you get low mileage, and a base model w/no options)...and I NEVER put money down on a lease. I just try to work the sales price down so I can get my monthly payments to where I want them to be.