Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    Actually,
    Typical dealer trick. If you would have "walked away" after you arrived, it would have been as you agreed.

What changed - after your telephone conversation and your arrival at the dealership-NOTHING. Other than the fact the dealer wanted more profit, and you let them have it. Even if you didn't qualify for the lower APR (are you sure you didn't - did YOU check your credit score?) there is no reason for the doc fees to have changed.

But, enjoy your car, they are very,very, nice!
  • I thought I'd check out Fairfax Hyundai. They have great internet prices and the sales rep gave me a GREAT price. However, when I told him I wanted to lease and I was from OH, he told me it would be $453/month with $2,400 due at signing (after doing some checking). RRIIGGHHHTTTT...I think not!
  • could you email me your first name :) Thanks again for all your help.
  • carnut86carnut86 Posts: 16
    no problem Patricia. The sales rep is deshawn thompson or gary holmes. black on black sonata LTD. We drove it right off the show room floor. that was the first time I ever did that!
  • thanks again, I hope to have the same type of experience as you did, I will keep you updated.
  • sanfromvasanfromva Posts: 11
    So you are saying he gave you those figures because you wanted to lease or you're from Ohio or both. Do you mind sharing what that great price was :)
  • sanfromvasanfromva Posts: 11
    Those of you who have limited with nav, can you please answer my question re the rear view camera. Is there a sound, such as 'beep' when you get very close to a something, say a wall, when backing up? Or is it plain video that you can only see to figure out how close you are to an object?

I looked around Hyundai website and brochure and didn't find much info on it. THANKS!!
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Posts: 216
    No sound with the backup camera. There is a yellow and red rectangle imposed over the camera view. The yellow zone is the safe area. Red means you are getting too close to the nearest object.
  • I think it must be because of both. That is just ridiculous. But the selling price was $25,247.
    good luck.
  • I'm glad you were able to get such a great deal.
  • dkouchevdkouchev Posts: 2
    Was that the price after dealer fees, tag fees and taxes?

Enjoy your new car!!!
    Me to. Im going back for the genesis coupe in june, I hope im able to get the same type deal.
  • salviesalvie Posts: 5
    Has anyone seen a Limited with the Wine interior, or are there any pictures online? I'm curious to see how it looks before I make my final decision, but there is very little info available about this option.
  • I am looking for an SE Sonata in Socal. Were any of you able to score a good deal on this model. So far the best offer I have is 22589 plus TTL.

Thank you,

Tommy
  • jazzyzeejazzyzee Posts: 1
    I just paid $16646,taxes and fees included, for the cocoa metallic one with option group 2 and no trade in . Was that a good deal considering the 2011 was in the show room. I purchased at West Broad In Richmond,Va.
  • Hey Patricia any chance you can email me your last name they were asking to pull the info so they will match it, you can email me at radiobuck (at) aol.com so its not on the forum, thanks again I appreciate all the help.
  • busterbritbusterbrit Posts: 27
    edited March 2010
    Anybody buy one recently without nav? What price did you pay (buy not lease).

I will be getting one this week.

Thanks!
  • I'm looking at either getting the Sonata 2011 limited (no nav.) or the Altima 2010 2.5 SL this week.

I really like the Sonata but I'm a little nervous getting a new model so soon.

Any thoughts would be very helpful.

This is literally keeping me up at night and I have to decide in the next day or two.

Thanks!
  • cooldesakcooldesak Posts: 15
    I dont know yet about the dealer fees, etc though, but let say the dealer fees are reasonable, is $23.8K for 2011 Sonata Limited a good deal (this is a financing sale without any trade-in)?

Thank you.
  • cooldesakcooldesak Posts: 15
    Anybody know if I really need to buy wheel locks and carpete floor mats from Hyundai for the 2011 Sonata?
    We'd have to know the MSRP to know how good it is. Is it one of the $26,100 ones? If so, that's pretty good. I only got $2k off of mine, plus another $500 for owner loyalty.
    Yes--you. Is it worth the cost to you to have those things, or not?
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Posts: 116
    I made a deal last week to buy a Limited with Nav. My dealer usually can trade with some of the locals in the area, but since Navs are so tight, they have not been able to get the type I wanted. (Pacific Blue with Gray)
    They may have a shot at a Harbor Gray with Gray leather in the region, and they expect to get an answer tomorrow.

I actually wanted Pacific Blue with Camel Leather and Nav as my first choice, and I may be willing to wait 2-3 weeks for that combo. I understand that Hyundai does not allow actual orders, but can a dealer request to get a specific combination of color and equipment? The dealer has been good, taking my trade, and is giving a 2010 Limited to drive until they get my car, but I am wondering if I have a decent chance of getting my first choice of color. :confuse:
  • thereftheref Posts: 6
    Hey guys
    just a heads up. cars.overstock.com has the 2010 I4 Auto GLS for $13,982. For this price I would get the 2010 before considering the 2011 for $5K more or any other car for that matter.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    I guess my area must be much higher as it shows $16,689.
    I don't think the market for the 2011 and the 2010 Sonata are the same individuals.
  • Signed the paperwork for my Sonata Limited w/nav this morning (will pick up on Sat) with a really nice Dealership - Ron Marhofer (ask for Pete). Nice easy transaction, much unlike my dealings with the first dealership (with whom I am fighting through the credit card company to get my deposit back). Ron Marhofer agreed to honor the price the previous dealer was giving me, without any hassle or proof of selling price.

Stats:
    Model: 2011 Limited w/nav (doesn't look like i got one w/HD radio) - Does anyone know if it has HDD storage? Sales rep nor I could find any info on it so I'm assuming it does not have it.

Color: Harbor Gray w/black interor (really wanted Silver but combo does not seem to exist in the market right now)

MSRP: $28,300 (it came with everything)

Selling Price: 25,927 (includes $250 Ad Fee)

Fees & Tax: Paid upfront (to get airline miles )

Term: 36 mths/15,000 miles

Pymnt: $312/mth

I think I did very well for myself. I am very happy with my deal!

P.S. Everyone is paid a salary. Their pay is not based on commission! The entire experience was very very pleasant!
  • meikmeik Posts: 63
    edited March 2010
    I have Pearl White Limited wo Nav.
    On my sticker, Carpeted mat, iPod cable and Pearl White are displayed under optional section and MSRP is $26,315.
    So I don't think I "bought" them except Pearl White ($200 extra).
    I thought Carpeted mat and iPod cable are included MSRP even if web site shows them as optional accessories.
  • thereftheref Posts: 6
    Really?! Can you describe the difference of the individuals?

Replying to: theref (Mar 17, 2010 8:47 pm)
    I don't think the market for the 2011 and the 2010 Sonata are the same individuals.