Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jbramsjbrams Posts: 5
    Yes, it was a 2012. Beat the truecar offers throughout California for a pop pack 2 GLS from 2011. Happy with the price, at least for my region.
  • Hello. I'm looking to benchmark a price that I just received for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L Limited with the following options: all weather mats, cargo mat, cargo net, ipod cable. I'm not going for the navigation package. Car has all of the elements of the Limited Pkg - leather, heated seats, etc.

For these features, I have a price of $25k prior to taxes & tags. Can someone tell me if they think this is a good price for Doylestown/Bucks County, PA. Also, what are the going "fees" for this transaction? I'm not interested in paying dealer fees so they can make up their profit. It's been a while since I last purchased a car.

No trade - cash deal.
    Thanks!
  • joeblowjoeblow Posts: 11
    From Route 44 Hyundai in Raynham.

They were the least expensive from the start. I dealt with the internet sales manager and he was very straightforward with his pricing and availability.

$500 below invoice and $348 Doc Fee. Had some extra goodies like floor mat, cargo net, etc..
  • hjc1hjc1 Posts: 183
    I have a Limited with 4500 miles and I and several friends have no problem with road noise. My car has Hankook tires on it so maybe its the Kumho causing you problem.
  • brianb50brianb50 Posts: 25
    Seems high We bought a Limited with NAV for $24,800 . Truecar price was 25,100 when we purchased just over 3 weeks ago, I just checked today and the price went up $1000. Must not be getting Incentives. The MSRP was 28,800. Did you check the true car price. Also I purchased the car in New Jersey..Good luck
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 383
    Too High in my opinion. Just checking Truecar for the pittsburgh area and that looks to be about $800 more than a dealer in the area is willing to sell for.
  • Thanks for the info. I think I will try NJ. Which dealership did you work with?
  • I am trying to decide between the 2012 SE w/Nav+Sunroof vs. 2011 SE 2.0T with Nav+Sunroof. The price I'm getting is a few hundred dollars cheaper on the 2012 SE.

I'm leaning towards the 2012 for the following reasons:
    - No stigma of first year of new design
    - I don't need Turbo as I'm less likely to get speeding ticket with heavy foot on pedal
    - Nav screen is a little better & brighter
    - BlueLink + Rear Camera

Any thoughts??
  • acct21acct21 Posts: 1
    Austin, Texas. Silver SE 2.0T, with mud flaps (like we need 'em -- it hasn't rained in nine months) and floor mats.

Paid $24,495 before TT&L with a $180 doc fee. That, according to my calculations, was invoice... on a 2012 SE 2.0T.

Jackpot.
  • brianb50brianb50 Posts: 25
    I went to Flemington Hyundai. Good Luck
  • seaurchinseaurchin Posts: 57
    I went to a dealer and told him complete truth, I was offered a mid trim level Mazda 6 for $19,500 and 0% financing same for mid level Fusion (but dealer did say that financing will be around 3%) both from Manhattan Auto Group.

That’s where I came up with $19,500, plus I was asking for a 2011, a week or two before 2012s came out. Mazda and Ford are in one dealership, the guy still calls me and wants to make a deal on a 6 or a Fusion.
    If you reply was aimed at me, i simply went to a Ford/Mazda guy and told him i am very interested in buying, test drove both and told him to give me his offer but i'd have to see Sonata first. He made his offer, i went to Plaza Hyundai in Brooklyn and told the dealer absolute truth and i asked him to match it. Sonata sells well so there's no 0% financing and my credit is pretty good, but he said that is their interest rate. Also their fees were $300, which are high. I told him to give me an OTD on Base with auto tranny and on Base with Auto tranny and that convenience package. He went to his boss and gave me 21K or 21k+$750.

At Plaza sales guy was Kyrie and at Manhattan William something.
  • So, for 2012 Sonatas, did the passenger seat get raised and did the seat fabric get an upgrade so it wears better? Or does it make more sense to buy the 2011 GLS with Pop pkg than the 2012 if there weren't any changes?
    Lynn
  • jpiarull2011jpiarull2011 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    To JKleemeier:
    My mother and I were searching for a decent 4 or 6 cylinder sedan with leather seating, electronics (ie power windows/locks, sunroof, climate control, power adjustable seat), abs, esc, traction control, and push-button ignition to name a few, etc., without compromising on gas mileage. Nissan Altima 2.5s, with similar package, was starting at $26,610, with aforementioned features (or very close), while Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.4L was priced at $26,345. Hyundai was discounted down to $25,645 (Global Automall US 22 in Green Brook, NJ), car had alloy rims and wheel locks pre-installed. Terrific pick-up w/ acceleration. Nissan did not discount Altima for similar package, yet a couple days after we placed a deposit on the Sonata, Nissan salesman claims he's willing to take up to $3,000 off sticker price for similar package (Somerset Nissan US 22 Somerville, NJ). Kicker with this dealership is free oil changes and loaner cars for life of ownership, yet car MUST be bought at that dealership and serviced there only. Anyway, with the Hyundai, we countered their sticker price with $22,500. Dealer said no, we countered again with $24,000, which they did. Silver Sonata with gray leather interior and aforementioned features, with all sales taxes and throw-in fees, total was slightly over $26,200. Very good package deal, only feature we did not choose was navigation and back-up camera/sensors (which honestly are unnecessary, if you cannot drive without those reliably on your own, you shouldn't be driving the car in my own opinion). This was a 2011, last one they had in stock, 2012s' were all they had beyond this one btw.

I apologize for the length of the review, hopefully it is helpful to you!
  • anandchicagoanandchicago Posts: 10
    edited July 2011
    Planning to pick this up tomorrow. Sticker is 21570. The price they offered is below invoice for 2012 gls. Please advise if that's a good price. I was hoping to get 2011 though and some dealers who have the are quoting more than what he's selling me a 2012 for.
  • bluepbluep Posts: 29
    you done well,i just picked mine up on friday from ohio,i paid,25720 before all the fees and ect.good luck on your new car.
  • tjxtjx Posts: 32
    edited July 2011
    Need help please. I would like to purchase a 2010 Sonata 4dr. sedan 2.4 AUTO GLS with the popular package #2. Total MSRP $22,205 including destination. What would you consider a good deal before any taxes/fees etc??? I live in the Washington DC area and would greatly appreciate any and all advice!
  • which dealer in chicago if you don't mind answering? are there any extra options involved with that price?
    edited July 2011
    Sorry, meant to say "2012" in the body of the message 7896. Still looking for anyone who has purchased one.
  • azureskyazuresky Posts: 10
    2012 Sonata Limited with Navigation 27,995 + Tax & Licence. What do you think, good deal or not?
    Thanks
  • amartnamartn Posts: 1
    After watching this forum and getting some internet price quotes, I went to Allen Hyundai in So Orange Co., CA to see what sort of deal I could get. The best internet quote was about $1600 off list, but it looked like many posts on this forum were getting about $2000 off list, though this was mostly for 2011's. Once the salesman learned I was an Auto Club member, he immediately offered $800 below invoice, approx $2300 below sticker. I took the deal. Looks like an Auto Club or Costco membership can quickly get you to what seems to be a pretty good deal.
  • mathersonmatherson Posts: 35
    First I contacted the interent department at Bernardi in Brockton. Went in and test drove a couple of cars and spent a little time with the salesman.
    When I wasn't thrileld with the price, I went online and emailed the Interenet Sales department of many dealers within 75 miles that had the model and equipment I wanted.
    When I got a better deal (by a decent margin) I called my salesman to thank him for his assistance, but there was another dealer, XYZ within driving distances who offered a significant savings (real price) and that because their price was so much lower, I had to go to that dealer to investigate.
    Within a half an hour, I got a call back with a price $700-$800 less than the other dealer I was going to give a shot.

Bottom line, try to pick a car that they have a few of. (They had 6 or 7 of the exact same car at Bernardi) Then do a little web searching. You will be surprised how you can get a damn good price without even stepping into a dealership nowadays.
  • alookmanalookman Posts: 141
    Always work with invoice not MSRP. Hyundai like Honda offers indirect incentives to dealers based on their inventory turnover and other economic factors. I know for sure that last Fall the incentive on 2011 SE was about 2400 but dealers were passing on some and selling it for 21k plus TT&L and often throwing in ipod cable, mats and other low cost accessories but padding doc. fees. Now, with 2012 Sonata model in, I would imagine 2011 should be sold at higher discount.

Also, due to disaster in Japan, lot of other Asian car brands are short on supply and that puts market pressure for new car prices to harden, especially for fuel efficient models!

FYI, Camry had $1200 rebate due to re-designed model arriving in less than 2 months time and I am sure Altima will be discounted due to the same!

If one can wait till Fall thru Spring than better deals will be offered on all major brand mid size cars unless economy takes off!
    OK, this is what i bought few hours ago a Plaza Automall in Brooklyn NY.

2012 GLS with Auto tranny, floormats and cargo net, OTD with taxes and fees and all that $22,000 i made a $2,500 downpayment and got a 60 month 2.9% financing rate.

What do you guys think?
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Posts: 51
    Good deal for a hot selling car. Enjoy. If You love the car and are enjoying it, the price is well worth it.
    Several years ago I paid $2G over MSRP for an MDX.I was so happy with the Suv that I don't regret paying the extra. There's no greater joy than driving a car You love, in my opinion.
  • jgil3jgil3 Posts: 3
    I'm in the Atlanta area (GA) and dealer today offered me $27000 out the door for the 2012 SE Turbo, $25000 before fees and taxes. I've e-mailed a bunch of other dealers now trying to see if they can beat this. How's $27000 OTD in this region? What should I be aiming for?
    edited July 2011
    Don't know if that is a good deal or not, but I have been emailing dealers in Virginia and Maryland for a 2012 GLS Sonata and the best deal I have gotten is $700 below invoice on any model Sonata with a $199 processing fee plus taxes. Maryland has a state law capping processing fees at $200 and most northern Virginia dealers will match the $199 processing fee. Think I will probably take $700 below invoice for a 2012.
  • jgil3jgil3 Posts: 3
    Wait, $700 below INVOICE? The offer they gave me is MSRP. Can you give me the name of the dealership and city? (I'll take a flight up there if it'll save me money...plus the drive back would be fun)
  • bchoubchou Posts: 1
    Can you tell me the name of the dealership and city? $700 below invoice
    price is awesome.
    Went to Plaza Hyundai in Brooklyn NY, made a deal, 22K and 2.9% financing for 60 months. Took the car drove it away. Get a phone call the next day, saying interest rate is incorrect, it should have been 3.9%. They told me either bring the car back or agree, so i agreed. I am contacting a lawyer we have that is provided by the company but he is out until next week.

Any suggestions? What do i do if they call again?

Is there anyone from Hyundai here?

I am about to contact Attorney General's office and already called Better Business Bureau.

Guys, please help.