Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• midas69midas69 Posts: 118
    Anyhoo, does $25k otd sound do-able on a Limited?

Here in Illinois it cost me about $350 for doc fees and license. So if you subtract that from the $25K it leaves you with $24,650. That number pre-tax comes to $23,254. That's tight, but doable.

I paid $25,468 for my limited with NAV and that included the $200 extra for the white. So if you subtract $2K for the NAV and $200 for the paint that means $23,268. Right in the same ballpark you're looking at and I did not qualify for the loyalty rebate.

So I would say that YES, $25K OTD should be doable without even fooling around with trading in your car and playing games with the sales tax.
  • carnut86carnut86 Posts: 16
    edited March 2010
    We got it from pacifico Hyundai-Mazda-Ford 6715 essington ave,phila, Pa. 19153. It's out the airport auto mall. Our sales rep was Deshawn Thompson & Gary Holmes Very easy to work with. And I forgot to mention they paid last 2 payments on trade in which was $343.00 per month.
    Thanks 4 help. I really thought it was a good deal at first. But when I went back it took me about 12 hrs and 3 car dealers 2 get deal. THX again
  • Does anyone know if the 2011 Sonata is eligible for Hyundai's Associate Purchase Program? The 2011 Sonata isn't an available selection on the website. Thanks.
  • pman5pman5 Posts: 9
    Picked up an 11 sonata limited with nav. for 25250. cash. Toms River NJ dealer.
    that price also included dealer extras,door guards floor mats wheel locks and pin striping.
  • vgl6061vgl6061 Posts: 3
    What dealership is it? Does your limited has the smart key and rear camera? You paid $25250 OTD or plus tax, license and registration.
  • shuale_ejsshuale_ejs Posts: 79
    edited March 2010
    You are most welcome! That's what the forum is for...to help each other out.
  • Thanks, I will give them a call
  • longhaullonghaul Posts: 16
    I suck at negotiating, so most folks could have gotten it cheaper.

I got a red 2011 SE for $22,110 which includes wheel locks, carpets & iPod cable. No NAV or sunroof.

I didn't love the dealership. Settled things via phone, then got there for pick up only ti find out doc fees were higher than explained & interest rate was higher than expected (missed qualifying for the 2.9% promo rate).
  • jacktheonejacktheone Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    FITZGERALD (FITZMALL) HAS 5 LIMITED AT 24,076 IN NORTH BETHESDA MD
    + 500 VALUED OWNERS CASH
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    Actually,
    Typical dealer trick. If you would have "walked away" after you arrived, it would have been as you agreed.

What changed - after your telephone conversation and your arrival at the dealership-NOTHING. Other than the fact the dealer wanted more profit, and you let them have it. Even if you didn't qualify for the lower APR (are you sure you didn't - did YOU check your credit score?) there is no reason for the doc fees to have changed.

But, enjoy your car, they are very,very, nice!
  • I thought I'd check out Fairfax Hyundai. They have great internet prices and the sales rep gave me a GREAT price. However, when I told him I wanted to lease and I was from OH, he told me it would be $453/month with $2,400 due at signing (after doing some checking). RRIIGGHHHTTTT...I think not!
  • could you email me your first name :) Thanks again for all your help.
    no problem Patricia. The sales rep is deshawn thompson or gary holmes. black on black sonata LTD. We drove it right off the show room floor. that was the first time I ever did that!
  • thanks again, I hope to have the same type of experience as you did, I will keep you updated.
  • sanfromvasanfromva Posts: 11
    So you are saying he gave you those figures because you wanted to lease or you're from Ohio or both. Do you mind sharing what that great price was :)
  • sanfromvasanfromva Posts: 11
    Those of you who have limited with nav, can you please answer my question re the rear view camera. Is there a sound, such as 'beep' when you get very close to a something, say a wall, when backing up? Or is it plain video that you can only see to figure out how close you are to an object?

I looked around Hyundai website and brochure and didn't find much info on it. THANKS!!
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Posts: 216
    No sound with the backup camera. There is a yellow and red rectangle imposed over the camera view. The yellow zone is the safe area. Red means you are getting too close to the nearest object.
  • I think it must be because of both. That is just ridiculous. But the selling price was $25,247.
    good luck.