Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited April 2010
    REF:6961
    IMO, not a good deal. Minimum 5000 off msrp on a 2010 now that the 2011's are out and popular. GLS autos are a dime a dozen and will be worth less than 14k the second you drive it off the lot! just my .02
    FWIW, the real deals were on the 2010 Limited's back in Feb but they are long gone...
    check truecar.com for your zip code and see what price is available; it's a great site
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    If it has the Popular Equipment Package (Audio controls on the wheel, power seat, trip computer, etc) its likely a good deal, if not, I'd say its only mediocre. What are the "Fees?"
  • This was just my first quota. Thanks for your guys' replies. Is GLS model good enough for general people or I need a better model?
  • I checked the truecar.com and the minimum price they showed is 16,654. Is it a OTD price?
  • How did u find the price? I couldn't see.
  • ruthg3ruthg3 Posts: 20
    I'm in NJ but maybe this info can help you. The price of 18,500 is excellent; I went through zap.com then overstock (which I learned about on this blog!), got an area price of 19071 and was able to get it to 18,910 with with free oil changes, car washes and loaner cars. The residual is .60 for 12k/yr, .59 for 15k/yr (we're going for 15k). Paying MVfee 299, doc fee 229, tire fee 7.50 plus 1st mo upfront for $763.20 at signing. Our monthly will be $227.71 including tax.
  • ruthg3ruthg3 Posts: 20
    I'm in NJ but maybe this info can help you. The price of 18,500 is excellent; I went through zap.com then overstock (which I learned about on this blog!), got an area price of 19071 and was able to get it to 18,910 with with free oil changes, car washes and loaner cars. The residual is .60 for 12k/yr, .59 for 15k/yr (we're going for 15k). Paying MVfee 299, doc fee 229, tire fee 7.50 plus 1st mo upfront for $763.20 at signing. Our monthly will be $227.71 including tax.
  • kml337kml337 Posts: 5
    I have been quoted $21,500 for SE and 24,200 for Limited in the SE Philly area, Both price include onlu the mat, wheel lock and ipod cable, Are these prices reasonable?
  • boltguyboltguy Posts: 94
    You have to make sure you select the 2010 model year on the drop down menu. It shows the 2011 Sonata by default.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    edited April 2010
    Shows $17,082 as the target price for zip code 77028. Texas law state that only dealer can provide vehicle price so that site isn't much help to us in providing target price. Same vehicle in Atlanta shows $15482 as a target price. The quote you got isn't bad, may try to get closer to $16,000 if you can. .
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Is GLS model good enough for general people or I need a better model?

Your question should be: is the GLS model good enough for YOU (and your significant other)? :)

I have a 2007 GLS four-cylinder with the power seat package and it's plenty of car for my wife and me. But that's something you'll need to decide for yourself.
  • qthqth Posts: 25
    Sonata GLS has advertised at $17.9999K at Randall Noe Hyundai, Texas.
  • ej2010ej2010 Posts: 12
    I got an offer of 20900 OTD for 2011 Sonata GLS with Pep02 and carpeted floor in Chicago.
    Is it a good deal?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Can't really say considering we don't know the price of the car seperate from the taxes you're paying. When shopping I always ask for a price breakdown (car, taxes, and any fees the dealer wants to assess).
  • Giving back to the forum...

Purchased a 2011 Sonata GLS for 20,850 OTD w/ ipod cable and carpet in NorCal. They seem to be running out of SE and Limited models up here.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    Did you get the PEP2? Automatic or manual? Also, if possible, what dealership is this? I have got quotes on the 2011 in NorCal and this is a great OTD.
  • jac0bsdadjac0bsdad Posts: 34
    I paid $24,500.00 plus tax at Gray Epperson in Cleveland, TN... I feel like I got a pretty good deal since the price before taxes was only $25.00 over the invoice per Edmunds... No navigation on this one but I do have the iPod Cable... I recommend Gray Epperson Hyundai/Mazda if you are in the Chattanooga, TN area... BTW, the dealership staff told me that make their money on servicing all of the Mazdas they sell, especially the RX8 and 6 sedan... They told me they don't make as much servicing Hyundai vehicles because they have less problems... I hope so, since this is my first time buying a Hyundai product. I love the car so far and I am enjoying it... I hope y'all have a nice day... :)
  • abigmuttabigmutt Posts: 37
    Southern California prices? well I'm becoming a bit of an expert on prices here in S. Calif.
    Without going into all the details, I've gone through several "extra" experiences during my 3 month attempt to buy my 2011 Ltd w/nav, like bait-and-switches, etc.
    By the way, the info on Overstock's TruCar pricing on this one was all wrong.

Anyway, the lowest price at the moment for 2011 Ltd with Nav. is $26,228 and without Nav it is $24,120. You can see that even though dealers' price for Nav is less than $2K, the reason the Ltd without Nav is MORE than $2K cheaper is that Nav is in high demand here and there's lots more WITHOUT it than with it.
    These are ACTUAL prices at signing time rather than promised prices from dealers who even to this day are doing the bait and switch. (a few of them at least).

The price does vary a little according to color: simple supply-and-demand accounts for this.

I hope this helps you So. Cal buyers out there.
  • I live in MA. I received a few quotes on 2011 Ltd. One was $23,200 plus $300 doc fee, taxes, title, etc. Another dealer quoted $22,700 with same doc fee, tax title, etc. I decided to go for the Ltd with Nav, which was very hard to find. The price turned out to be $22,700 + $2,000 for Nav, and $245 for a few accessories (cargo mat, floor mats and trunk net), plus $300 doce fee for a total of $24,945 before TTL. No rebates involved and I took advantage of the 2.9% financing. I'll be picking it up this week. It was very easy to get competitive quotes and the dealer was a pleasure to work with.