Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• piezonpiezon Posts: 23
    what's the sticker price???
  • qnguyen17qnguyen17 Posts: 10
    msrp was $24,000ish. After taxes and fees, it came to roughly $26,000. They want $23,400 otd which includes the $500 financing rebate and $400 college grad rebate. BF is telling me to wait until the end of the year bc I can get it for cheaper...
  • I got a 2013 Sonata SE MSRP $24,410.
    $22,500 OTD after rebates, taxes, and fees.

(Traded a 2007 BMW 328xi Coupe 57K miles for ~$17,500.) Considering I lost about $1,000-$1,500 in what I expected in trade, looks like your quote of $23,400 is right around me. You could probably do better but I'm not a good haggler.
    Hi! Thank you for the reply. My max price is $22,500 which is what you paid. $23,400 is the lowest I got after talking to 2 dealers. I am going to another dealer this weekend so hopefully they can do better. unfortunately i'm not good at haggling either :(. Did your car come with any other options such as floor mats. Cargo net and so on?
  • The MSRP included Mud Guard $95, Cargo Mat $95, Carpeted Floor Mats $100. They gave me All Weather Mats (Worth $115) instead of the the Carpeted... saving me $15! Which I asked for. Haha...

I don't know where you are but I bought mine in PA with sales tax of 6%... if it makes any difference. It's also not white which costs $200 more.

You might also try going back to the higher of the first two dealers and let 'em know you got an offer for ~$23.4 and see what they say?

I was little stressed about it last night after signing all the papers - thinking what if I could have done better... :shades: ehhh it's done... just going to enjoy it.
    I live in GA and our sales tax is 7%. First dealer called back today and offered $23k. I'm waiting until Sunday to go to second dealer to see if they go lower. Ideally I want $22.5 which I think they can do. I kinda blew my chances with first dealer BC I told him 2nd could go litter and he wants it in writing for him to beat the offer. Rookie mistake BC its first time buying a car :(
  • Was $25, 750 out of door price? I bought a 2013 Sonata limited 2.4L(no Nav) OTD yesterday for 25400 in NJ (7% tax). Good deal?
    Enjoy your new ride!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,045
    edited July 2012
    hi piezon, live in staten island n.y looking to buy 2013 sonata limited can you give me dealer and contact name of dealership you purchased sonata the invoice on the limited is 25,580 w del charge i,m shooting for 500 below invoice i'll contact about 20 dealers around ny/ nj area my email is bdarl21 aol.. tks brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Has anyone purchased a Sonata for invoice or below in the ny/ nj area? looking to buy with in the next month. Has anyone gone to BRAD BENSON DEALERSHIP in N.J. he advertises 30% of the dealers M.S.R.P any coments or thoughs on dealership. THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPOND BRIAN

edited July 2012
    whats the name and state of dealership you purchased tks

I got my car in PA but they matched the price given to me by a dealership in NJ, about 25 miles closer to Staten Island. Go on their website and send an e-mail to their Internet Mgr who will give you his best price on-line. It's Muller Hyundai in Stewartsville, NJ just outside phillipsburg. Good luck
    No. $25,750 was the final sale price after the $500 finance cash back. On top of that was 6% tax plus a little over $200 in doc fees, title, plates, registration, etc. However, mine included the pano sun roof & tech package (Nav + back-up camera) which is a $2,900 option. Without that tech package, I figure my OTD price would have been right around $25,000 even so it sounds like you got a pretty good deal as well. The fact that they let us drive the car home at those prices means they made some money so who knows if we could have gotten it for a few hundred less but who cares. The car is a dream.
    Can some people respond to the gas mileage they've been getting with their 2012 or 2013 Sonata 2.4??
    Also, did you notice an improvement in mpg after the car was broken in? Thanks
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,965

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Agree on your last point about the couple of hundred dollars. Your's is a great price still. My choice was a harbor gray metallic with black interior. The dealer is still locating the car and probably I will need to wait a week before I get the car. Really excited about the car. Good to know it's a dream.
    We waited 4 1/2 weeks for our car and it was worth every agonizing day. We LOVE the car. Ours is white with tan leather and the black pano roof. Looks & drives nicer than the Lexus ES 300 we traded in. The back-up camera is a great fature that I initially didn't think we needed. And anyone who says the turbo is the way to go hasn't really done a good test drive on the 2.4L model.
    I was cruising at 85 mph the other day and thought I was doing 70. I didn't even have the pedal pressed that far down. It's one peppy vehcile. Good luck and happy waiting.
    Hi everyone,

One of the dealer has made a counter offer of $23,000 otd. MSRP was about $24,400 for a 2013 SE with push to start. 7% tax in GA. Is this a reasonable offer? I just feel like it could be less. (No other dealer is willing to match this price) My bf thinks that I am asking for too much and this a good offer. I am thinking about waiting until Black Friday or even Christmas to buy a car. Do you guys think prices will drop lower by then? I am in no rush to buy a car, but I would love to one as soon as possible. Please give me your opinions. Thank you!
  • yumyum103yumyum103 Posts: 3
    hi there! are you qualified for any rebates like the $500 eco trade, military or hyundai financing? i am looking to purchase an SE or Limited 2.4L this week and if i can get your $23K OTD for the SE i'd be very happy. i am only qualified for the $500 hyundai financing bonus. i am in nevada btw
    Hello! the quote includes $500 rebate for financing and $400 for college grad rebate. I'm trying to get a dealer to do $23,000 and then apply the rebates but so far no luck.
  • yumyum103yumyum103 Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    I just went and helped my dad get a 2013 2.4L Sonata SE OTD for $23,400 here in NV (8.1% tax) with a sticker price of $24,775. Selling price on the car with all the extras was about $21,600. He only qualified for the $500 bonus financing (which basically got wiped out by the $499 doc fee!!!). It included cargo mat, mud guards, wheel locks, all weather floor mats, rear bumper applique and auto dimming mirror w/ homelink plus limo tint, lifetime oil change and car wash. I think we did a pretty decent job. Only took less than 3 hours.