Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Its okay. You can definitely take that quote to another dealership and ask them to beat it by $500. Also, fyi, the doc fee is negotiable. They will try to say it is set by law, but the law only caps the amount.
  • hi there!
    i completely am on board with you.. the kind of prices people have bought their cars for in this forum is a good 3-4k less than what i can get anyone to come down to in phily :(
    also i love altimas.. i have had one before and thoroughly enjoyed it.this is purely vanity thats making me look at sonatas!!
    even after financing options i am not ok with the price.. i am not eligible for any of the rebates or loyalty programs ,as is.
    either wait a bit longer or maybe flirt with the sales guy! nah..think i will wait and also look at altimas! if only they had the fiery red in them i would be sold..
  • saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    Invoice minus 3% minus $1500 is more like it should be.

Personally I wouldn't take the deal.
    Steve
  • Is the Sonata's sparkling ruby very different compared to Altima's Cayenne red ? I googled for real images and they look very similar. Maybe I have to look at them in person side by side to notice the difference.

I qualify for the Sonata's grad program which gives me additional $400 off and I was looking to get the price here WITH the grad rebate; which means I was ready to pay about $400 more on the sale price for the car. (so that the OTD price remains the same). It looks like the only way to get that would be to talk directly to the manager and tell him that you are ready to buy if they could get the trim/options/color at your price.

But now, I am leaning towards the Altima 2.5SL. I just saw on the Altima forum some one paid 1800 below invoice for the 2013 SL with Tech, which I thought was a great price. And that did not include any direct manufacturer incentives.
  • hello!
    ah,yes there is surely a difference in the colors ,the sonata being more "red" than the altima..the online pictures dont do much justice..
    i love the altimas being so so smooth overall.. i drove a 2011 sonata and there was some pulling then i tried the 2010 and had the same issues.. so when i finally drove the 2013 i was already dreading the same,it wasnt to be.but it still left me feeling a bit edgy..
    on the other hand,the altimas are smooth as ever!

1800 below invoice SL with tech?? why are we not one of those people posting one of these messages!! :)
    some of the deals people quote makes me think i am not doing something right!!!

i think i am gonna put off this whole thing for 5 months and revisit in march ,birthday months are meant to be impulsive ! so maybe thats the way to go... :)
  • earlecearlec Posts: 5
    Got an e-quote on a GLS for $17,135 (MSRP $21,670). I know tax, reg & Destination charges will be tacked on. Past reads say this price can still be lowered. Really true? Do I hold fast and say NO to Doc fees? The time isn't perfect right now to buy but the price seems too good to pass up. I live in NY and dealer is in NJ.Any suggestions?
  • Thats sounds like a great price. However, they may have included some discounts which you may or may not qualify for. Make sure you check all the details.
  • earlecearlec Posts: 5
    Does the Base GLS have wheel covers or alloy wheels (
    as shown in all broucheres & descriptions)?
  • ekg2ekg2 Posts: 6
    I just bought a 2013 Limited with navigation for $25,395 + tax and fees. This included the $1000 financing rebate. The msrp was $29,910. I went to at least 4 other dealers asking them to beat or even meet this price and the next best offer I received was about $1500 more. I'm very happy with the car and the price.
    Question: Besides sales tax and license fees, what other fees did you pay?

Good work, contacting 4 dealers. Way to go.
    Thx
    Steve
  • Hi EKG and other great named Steve,

I went to this forum before I just bought my 2013 sonata black on black limited with tech package and I learned a lot as well as going to 4 different dealers in NH and contacting atleast 4 others so 8 total in NH and MA.

I walked out of 2 dealers at the final stage but ended up going back to the second one because it was I knew the lowest price they could do because these places were letting me walk out so I knew they werent making very much. Obvious they were making some and they could have waited til someone else bought the car but they still wanted to make the purchase.

Before this forum and going to a deal that advertises saying they do the 1000 below invoice right off the bat I would not have any idea you could.

I got mine for 25,700 OTD including all taxes and fees and 1000 finance and 400 recent grad. 4200 off the sticker price and 1400 below invoice with tech including doc and destination fee.

Only place in NH that has it and would spend my nights after work calling every dealer. I possibly could have gotten it a few hundred dollars cheaper at another farther away place but this one place had it were nice walked out came back 10 minutes later and bought the car, and the GM didnt even look or talk to my group when we came back in since we were negotiating so hard walked out and probably didnt even want to sell us the car so we wouldnt give them a bad review (the saleswoman had said that) but was very personable.

Overall, I love the car and got a ton of compliments!!!!!!!
    Wow, that's a great OTD price sunnymoney! Does that include the navigation package? Since taxes and license are different, what was the MSRP and what was your price before taxes, license and rebates?

I'm loving my car too, but there's so much to learn! Bluetooth, XM Radio, Navigation, Homelink, BlueLink, Voice commands etc!!!
    edited October 2012
    Question: Besides sales tax and license fees, what other fees did you pay?

I also paid a doc fee of $80. I might have gotten that either knocked off or half price, but I didn't even try.
  • Hi everyone,

These message boards were helpful when I purchased a Honda Odyssey earlier this year.

I am trying to scoop up a 12 Sonata Hybrid with the 1,000 incentive and 72 months @ 0.9%.

Looking for either a base or leather package.

Right now, TMV on a leather is $26,360 and a dealer in PA is offering me $26,098 and then the 1,000 rebate.

Can I do better?

Thanks
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Posts: 33
    Does the FMV include the destination? If so it's a good deal for that particular unit. Wondering however....is it worth it to get a Sonata Hybrid considering you can get a Limited with Premium package for about the same and it does very well on gas already? Also, a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with Nav can be had for not much more and it does 38mpg highway and it's not a Hybrid! There's a reason why this Sonata Hybrid doesn't sell overwhelmingly. I'd even hit up a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid @47mpg highway or 2013 VW TDI @45mpg highway first. There is just so much better value out there right now. Or, wait until late December if you can and if the Sonata Hybrid is still your hope then you might be able to swindle an even better deal then.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,408
    edited October 2012
    JCC.........tell the dealer that for 1400 dollars below his price of $26,038 you will buy it immediately.make dealership give you there rock bottom price. call the internet mngr. on the phone and let him know your terms... REMEMBER IN 2 MONTHS THAT CAR IS 1 YEAR OLD AND IF YOU SELL IT WITHIN 3 TO 4 YRS YOUR 2012 CAR DEPRECIATED ABOUT $2500 FOR THE YEAR 2012 YOU DID NOT DRIVE IT.. so the way i look at it is..... for a couple of hundred below invoice its not a great buy.. you could get a 2013 hybrid for invoice probably cheaper . hyundia likes to sell in numbers not so much above invoice... GOOD LUCK BRIAN

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Just bought a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.4 with Navigation, rear camera, carpeted mats, tinted glass, wheel locks. Purchase was made in Phoenix, Arizona. Price of car was $27,657. plus title, tax and license. I then received $1,000. off for financing with Hyundai. Was this a good deal? Thanks

catalina56
    Hi, first let me say good luck with the new car. We loves ours.
    From what you describe it looks like we bought the same thing. The total MSRP was a little over 30,000.

Since you asked, I paid negotiated a price of exactly $25,000 plus tax, title, etc. And no doc fee. It was a very agressive price but i was firm in what i would pay. It was significantly less than invoice. The Sonata is a very high margin car for dealers. With agressive negotiating you can get low prices.

I also insisted on ALL current incentives, even though I qualified for none. Yes, you can do that but no one tells you that. I could have gotten this same deal from 2 Florida dealers. However, 3 other dealers wouldn't agree to my price.

I wanted to pay cash in full, but in the end we agreed to finance $6000, but i paid it off completly in 2 weeks. The dealer makes a few bucks if you finance. Even if you pay it off immediately. Again enjoy the ride.

Steve
    Yes say No to Doc fee. Tell them its a deal breaker. If they don't drop the fee then walk. Then call other dealers asking for the same deal.
    Steve
  • Steve, you did very well with your negotiations. The price I paid was the best I could get in Arizona. I called them all in Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff. Did you have any trouble pairing your cell phones to the Sonata? Good luck with your new vehicle.

catalina56