Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks. I kind of figured it was too good to be true. :)
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    I can tell you for a fact MY deal was real. :) And if I can get this kind of deal, I expect others can also... or even better. I didn't go to extremes to get the deal, as others might be willing to do.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    REF: 8795
    This is the one i find impossible:

"I just bought the Sonata Limited 2.0T with Navigation for $23,200. Tags and Taxes are included."
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Impossible? Hardly. Rare? Sure. But that's ONE sale, likely under very unusual circumstances which could include: 1) dealer trying to make a month/quarter/year-end incentive; 2) unpopular color; 3) demo vehicle; 4) a low/no sales tax state.

Will everyone get such a good deal? No. Can ONE PERSON get such a good deal? Sure. It's a big country.
  • ruthg3ruthg3 Posts: 20
    Don't see why you can't offer 21850 or 21900 and go from there. Worst they can say is no, and if you're not in a total hurry you could see how things shake out nearer the end of the month. Also, I would agree that you should get offers from the internet managers at several dealerships before going in. Easier to negotiate over the phone from home instread of sitting in the dealership. I negotiated 2 leases last quarter gettting the cap cost from the internet manager and it saved time and money.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • l7a13l7a13 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I just emailed several dealers in the Pacific Northwest and very quickly got this price. for 3 email exchanges with a couple of dealers in less than 2 hours. No haggle which I love. I stayed firm and the final email said ok they had one for that price. Maybe I should have gone lower. It is the non turbo model.

2013 sonata limited 2.4 non turbo w/tech package
    $24500 plus sales tax.

What does the board say ....Steve Thanks for the tips
  • dgluthdgluth Posts: 49
    I live in Tampa Florida and I am looking for a new or CPO Turbo Limited to buy in the next few months. The biggest dealer around gave me an internet price of approx. 31K OTD for a 2013, Limited Turbo without Navigation. Another dealership had a 2012 Limited Turbo, no navigation with 18K miles for 23,991 + TTL. I like the idea of a CPO but I am wondering if either of these are good deals.
    Thanks for any insights.

Dennis P.
  • Dennis P.

I would find a third dealer. You are getting no favors from these two dealers.
    That's what I was thinking, especially after seeing some of the deals people on here have gotten.

Thanks
    Dennis P.
  • med7med7 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Thank you! Wish I'd found this wealth of great info earlier!

My goal: Pacific Blue Pearl/gray 2.4 Limited w/ nav package (hopefully PZEV). I'm in Southern CA.

Very low-mileage 2012 certified pre-owned--This was my target until I finally noticed the constant holiday special TV ads and shifted focus to a 2013 model. I wasted time working with one lying dealership; by the time I started shopping others, they'd sold so many Hyundais they didn't really care whether I bought one or not. Decided they might be more motivated in a couple of months. Best offer: $24,900 (out of town dealership; would have travel expenses)

Question 1: One dealership told me they suspect the PacBlue will be discontinued because they're not receiving them any more. Anybody know about this?

Question 2: Incentives have largely disappeared now. Any intel about whether there will be more as the year goes on? Am I better off sitting tight until some 2013s get repossessed and reappear as cert. pre-owned, or just bit the bullet and pay more than some of you to be sure I can get the color I want?

Any/all advice greatly appreciated!
  • Hi ruthg3. Thanks for getting back to me. Would you mind telling me exactly the car you got with what options? Was it the limited or the limited turbo, etc.? Also, when you say you got it for 21965 plus fees and taxes, is that including the 1500 and 500 rebate or did you get that taken off the price of 21965? Thanks again.

Maureen
    Hi Maureen,

It was a 2013 Limited (not turbo) with carpeted floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, sunroof wind deflector (we wanted black/grey interior & the only one they could find came with that), mud guards.

MSRP $27,075, Invoice $25,314. The price we got included the $1500 incentive and the $500 loyalty rebate. We leased and that number did not include the $595 finance fee, mv fee, doc fee (others in this blog say you should negotiate that out, we felt ok since we'd gotten the price down already) or taxes.

We also worked through the internet managers and got a quote before we went to the dealership to do the paperwork. It took several phone calls back & forth while she talked to the GM.
    I suggest clarifying in advance the pieces of the deal - capitalized cost, residual value (they should tell you percentage) and money factor. I also suggest figuring out what you expect the monthly payment to be with the numbers they quote BEFORE you get to the dealership. They first quoted me this low cap cost, but the monthly amount didn't match with the % and MF I knew about from this blog. Once I figured it out with their cap cost numbers, they honored the deal.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
  • Hello everyone,

Like many of you here, I am looking to buy a new Sonata in the next 1-2 months. I have just started out my research and am trying to get my head wrapped around the various trims and options available and their respective prices. To aid me in the buying process, I have put together a small pricing matrix for all the available Sonata trims and their options along with their respective Invoice, MSRP and the Edmunds true market value prices. I wanted to share this with others who are in the market for a new Sonata.

You can download it from here. Dont worry, it is just a spreadsheet with various trims and prices. Nothing more.

I know its not perfect for everyone but, you can easily modify it to your tastes and situations. I'm glad if this is helpful to you. Good luck!
  • Sorry, the link was broken...here's the correct link Hyundai-Sonata-Trims-and-Options-Pricing
  • maureen14maureen14 Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    Thanks again for getting back so quickly, ruth! Does the capitalized cost, residual value and money factor have to do with leasing? He is purchasing with a loan (not leasing) so I am not sure if those have to do with purchasing. If so, could you point me to where I could find out more info about it.

If you don't mind, could you tell me what you paid for doc fees, like pretty much everything before title and tax? That would really be helpful. Thanks for all the tips. Hope you have had a nice weekend.

Maureen
  • rysterryster Posts: 476
    Fitz in Clearwater is advertising new 2013 Turbo Limited, non-Nav, for $24.5K on their website. May want to check them out...might be worth the 45 minute drive for a deal like that...
    Forgot that you were purchasing not leasing...sorry...so no MF or residual value, etc needed. The doc fee was $229 and the MV fee was $269 but got $30 back when picked up the plates.

Hope that helps. Good luck!!
    Maureen,

Forgot that you were purchasing not leasing...sorry...so no MF or residual value, etc needed. The doc fee was $229 and the MV fee was $269 but got $30 back when picked up the plates.

Hope that helps. Good luck!!
    Thanks I'll have to check that out.

Dennis P.
  • Hello,

I'm planning and buying 2013 Sonata SE 2.4L, and I got an offer from dealer A at $20,967 OTD. Isn't it too cheap? I mean, it's better if it's cheap, but at the same time, kind of makes me suspicious about it. And, dealer B offered $22,236 OTD.

It seems like dealer A is pretty good size, they had total 165 sonata, and had 19 SE trim.

Should I just go head buy or should be careful about this?