Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks for your responses. They helped a lot! Sometimes it is best to walk away...
  • Is this a dealership south of Dallas, that shows really good prices online? Are those rates really legit? Also i see the same list of cars on their site every day, with only one of those with the ultimate package.
  • nearphilanearphila Posts: 14
    Returning to this site having used it to buy two cars in '05 and '09.
    Looking for dealership suggestions from which to buy a 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS from, over the internet.

I'm in NW Philadelphia and willing to travel anywhere in Pa, DE, or NJ (and maybe further) for best deal. Previously bought online from Stateline Hyundai in Philipsburg, NJ, near Easton, PA.

(I am aware of but don't know much about Fitzgerald in Chambersburg, PA.)

Thanks for any help.
  • piezonpiezon Posts: 23
    I got my 2013 Sonata Ltd at Lehigh Valley Hyundai in Emmaus, PA (near Allentown) and was quite pelased with the price. I also got a quote from Muller Hyundai in Phillipsburg, NJ (just over the border from Easton, PA). Muller gave me an internet price that I used when visiting Lehigh Valley Hyundai (where i live).
    Hope this helps. They have a $100 referral program but that won't help as i'd have to give them your name & we don't use names on this site.
  • Just came back from Springfield Hyundai in Pennsylvania. Their price on the Sonata SE (no turbo!) is as follows:

MSRP: 24,250.00
    Minus Dealer Discount: 2,676.00
    Minus Hyundai Rebate: 1,000.00
    Minus Loyalty Rebate: 500.00

Total Price not including Tax, Tags, etc: 20,074.00. Does this sound like a good price? I am working with a trade which they did not meet my price for the trade and that is the only reason I didn't buy the sonata. I did not tell them I had a trade so the price they quoted me for the sonata was the actual price without negotiating the trade. Bottom line: Is 20,074 a good price? I am still looking and willing to deal if I can find the right dealer! I live in DE... any thoughts?
  • rayabgrayabg Posts: 4
    Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod. Awesome dealer. Kevin Heindrich was very accommodating. We are military and were able to transfer a Florida tag from another car instead of getting MA plates. Highly recommend!
  • 2013sonata2013sonata Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I got my new car @ 3/30/2013

Here My Deal:

$27,095 (MSRP)
    $25,481 (Invoice)
    -$1,547 (Dealer Discount)
    -$1,500 (Finance Cash)
    -$500 (Comp Owner)
    -$400 (Coll Grad)
    $21,534 + TTL

I think I got a fair deal. What do you think?
    Thanks for everyone!
  • dgluthdgluth Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    I bought it on Saturday and it was 24, 990 OTD, This included my beat up old 11 year old SUV as a trade. So far I really like the vehicle and I was very happy with the whole experience at Hyundai of Wesley Chapel.

Dennis P.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    What was your trade-in valued at, and what were your taxes and fees? It's hard to gauge the price of a car based on the OTD value. :)
  • dgluthdgluth Posts: 49
    My trade in was IMHO worth about 15oo at auction and the taxes and fees were approx. 3K (Shocking I know).

Dennis
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    So, from a $24,990 purchase we can add 1500 from your trade in (making the car now 26,490)... whatever your taxes were (not counting DEALER fees) wouldn't count either. And that's where we'd find the price of the car. Still sounds like you did pretty well.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• el_toro_locoel_toro_loco Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I have been offered a price of $26,654 plus $795 destination fee for the Sonata Hybrid Limited. The car has the panoramic sunroof, floor mats, wheel locks, ipod cable and cargo net. The dealership told me that I must finance with Hyundai, so I'm assuming the $1,000 financing rebate was used to get this price.

MSRP is $32,690
    Invoice is $30,655

Is this a good deal?

The dealer mentioned 2 free service visits. A co-worker said I should push for two years service. Should I push for a free cargo mat?

Saz25 and others, what do you think?

And a big thank you to everyone who posted here for making this a great tool for research.
  • alociouz12alociouz12 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I received couple of quotes from couple of Dealerships, not sure if the price is really true OR are they just trying to get us in the door. If u are recent Sonata Buyer, please let me me know if this price sounds reasonable.

Conicelly Hyundai in Conshohocken quoted me for $17906 + Tax/Tags(Sonata GLS) and Pacifico Hyundai in Springfield quoted me for $18600 +Tax/Tags(Sonata GLS). Not sure what the Rebates and Incentives are like. I spoke with both of them over the phone, and they kept on reinstating that this would be the price as long as I finance through Hyundai Finance. What do you think?
  • jerryr1974jerryr1974 Posts: 1
    Looking to get a 2013 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t limited with tech package. So far here is the deal from the dealer:

MSRP $31,530
    Here is the Break Down of the numbers....
    $25,995
    $795 Destination
    $292 tags and titleing
    $1,739.40  Mayland Tax
    Total On the Road is
    $29,021.40

Good deal?

Jerry
  • salesguyjaysalesguyjay Posts: 22
    Hey Jerry -

That is a pretty good deal...Thats pretty much the max discount we'd give and i'm at a dealer in MD. I'm assuming that includes $1500 finance rebate and $500 either valued owner or competitive rebate. Which means the discount is in the $2500 area. Means you are getting invoice minus holdback and probably most of the dealer cash.

Take it! Unless you're close to Owings Mills and wanna let me beat it by $100 :)
  • kanimerakalakanimerakala Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

This is an awesome deal. Did you get this from LA area? I am planning to buy this exact same model 2013 Sonata Limited in LA, and am wondering if I can get anything even close to this. Anyone has any suggestions for dealers to lookout for in LA area?

Thanks!
  • gr8tiffgr8tiff Posts: 2
    Picked up my 2013 Harbor Grey Sonata Limited with tech package this week in Kalamazoo, MI.

This was the deal -

MSRP $31,535
    Here is the Break Down of the numbers....
    $26,121
    $200 Doc Fee
    $23 Title and Tag transfer
    $1,699.26 Michigan Tax

Out the door:
    $28,043.26

This includes $1500 finance rebate and $500 competitive rebate. I thought this was a pretty good deal, so I wanted to share.

Happy Memorial Day!
  • mdeatonmdeaton Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I was trying to find my answer throughout this forum but all the msrp and other lingo is confusing me. This is my scenario and quote I recieved yesterday... I am in Louisiana and have been looking at the Sonata limited, with the premium package including nav. The dealer quoted 27,250 which included 2000 in rebates.

When I search edmunds, KBB etc it says the fair purchase price averages around 27,400. But what I am confused about is, even if there are no rebates is this "fair purchase price" what I should be paying? In my mind that would be the price of the car and you would then apply rebates... so I should be paying 25,400 right?

I hope this makes sense... I asked the dealer about the fair purchase price listed on the sites and they "assumed" the websites include the rebates in their numbers. I assumed it does not. I love this car but I dont want to pay an extra 2k if I shouldnt be! Obviously :)
  • fscotfscot Posts: 8
    Picked up my 2013 Harbor Grey Sonata Limited with tech package this week in Hackettstown, NJ.

This was the deal -

MSRP: $29,810.00
    Sale price: $25,966.00
    Rebates: $2,000.00 customer cash + $500 owner loyalty
    Price w/ rebate: $23,466
    TTL: $2410
    OTD: $25,876

I got an additional $500 cash card rebate from Hyundai thru Edmunds, so my total net cost was $25,376. Good dealer experience, did it all over internet.