Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fk322fk322 Posts: 15
    Why would anyone want to turn it off in the first place?. This Car Rocks! You should turn off the ESC button when starting from a stopped position in heavy snow (better traction.)
  • blnewtoblnewto Posts: 146
    Great to hear of your new car deal, have a blast in that LX, I know I'd be having even more fun in our GLSV6 if it was paid off :)
  • miamixtmiamixt Posts: 600
    Great to hear of your new car deal, have a blast in that LX, I know I'd be having even more fun in our GLSV6 if it was paid off

Thank you my friend!. While it is payment free, it took a chunk of my Savings to make it possible. I just got back from my Detail shop, getting it waxed again, and having a few spots touched up, with the official Hyundai touch up pen. One side has the paint, the other has the clear coat. Since my car went through 100 miles worth of test drives (yes, 100) and the most powerful Hurricane in History, it had a few spots that needed attention. You should see it right now. I guarantee tomorrow it wont look as nice, as it rains almost every day in South Florida!.
  • joedirtjoedirt Posts: 36
    Everyone, I need help.

I can get a new Sonata GLS V6 with the following equipment:

Package 01/AA - 01

16" WHEELS W/MICHELIN TIRES
    4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES W/ABS
    A/C W/FILTER
    AM/FM/CD/MPS RADIO
    AUTO LIGHT CONTROL
    CARPETED FLOOR MATS
    CHROME-TIPPED DUAL EXHAUSTS
    CRUISE CONTROL
    DUAL FRONT AND SIDE AIRBAGS
    ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL
    FOG LIGHTS
    FRONT SEAT HEAD RESTRAINTS
    LEATHER WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB
    POWER HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS
    POWER WINDOWS,LOCKS,MIRRORS
    REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY W/ALARM
    SIDE CURTAIN AIR BAGS
    STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROLS
    TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM
    TRIP COMPUTER

MSRP is $21,495

I haggled with 4 dealers, and got one to quote me $16,863, plus tax, title and license.

Is this a good price? Thank you.
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    That's a great price you got. I would take it :)
    Thanks joe.

I appreciate the feedback.

Is that better than average?
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    "Is that better than average?"

I would say so!!

Just make sure you thoroughly examine the car pre-delivery; not just because of the exceptional price, but as a regular practice, and in the case with any new/used cars.
  • We got the same vehichle last week with a sunroof for an extra $900 (msrp) which made our sticker MSRP $22,395. With sunroof we paid $17,100 (No trade but includes $3000 in rebates). So we basically got a sunroof for $237 more than yours without the sunroof.

Tax, title, and license is paid later at the county DMV office in our state.
  • kingrkingr Posts: 60
    When I look on various web sites I see the invoice price for a base LX at 21,561 (Including dest) however when I went to a local dealer he gave me the invoice price of 22,061 and said a $500 Advertisement charge is added to all LX's, Is everyone seeing this extra $500 in their buying experiences. I am in upstate NY, also can anyone tell me what the $800 consumer check is I see mentioned in some postings.
    Thanks
  • jib4jib4 Posts: 13
    Just grabbed an LX w/ no other options for $17,500 after 3k in rebates. Was that decent? That's before taxes of course.
  • tb88tb88 Posts: 242
    If true... it must be a demo!
    Very unlikely price, even for a desperate dealer!
  • Purchased an 05 Sonata GL in January of 2005 brand new from Lester Glenn Pontiac in Toms River, New Jersey. Nicest sales people in the world. Not there to rip you off like those scumbags at Freehold Hyundai. Freehold Hyundai has the most rude, obnoxious, sales people in the entire world, don't buy from them. Anyway...
    Sticker on the Sonata was $17,765.
    Rebate $750
    Lester Glenn Loyalty $2000
    College Grad $500
    Wheeling and dealing...
    Final purchase price $13,200 with tax and tags.
  • bamacarbamacar Posts: 749
    Check out the fitzmall.com. $17500 appears to be the going rate for a LX with $3k rebates. Their internet prices are with $2k rebates (just regular and financing rebates) with LXs at $18500.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    Don't forget that Fitzmall says you have to add a $99 doc fee. They've still got great prices. Their site says typical doc fees in their area is about $300.

Again, adding $99 to their internet price makes it a helluva price. People who have bought there said there was no Barbra Streisand and that the buying experience was excellent.

I wouldn't exactly use Fitzmall as a benchmark for "going rate."
  • bamacarbamacar Posts: 749
    They are great prices, but they can be had all day long. They are not demos, and Fitz would not be called desperate.

Okay to restate, that price is the "going rate" at a major dealership for any new Sonata LX without options.
    Okay, I think I may try to get my local dealer to match Fitz's rate on a new LX ($17,500).

They had quoted me a nicely equipped GLS V6 for about $16,800.

I also think these prices may come down a little, so there's some risk in not waiting.

There was an article I just read about how long it takes for car dealers to sell certain cars, and they said the Sonata has been languishing on dealer lots for a long time.

I think prestige/status has something to do with this, which I really don't care about anyways.
    I find it hard to believe that any dealer can discount an LX $3,000 and not loose money!

If their profit margin is equal or more than $3,000 of MSRP, then I am at a loss to understand their pricing policy!
    I can't see how they can go that much below the so called Invoice Price.
    They're really discounting it more than $5,200 off MSRP. And yes, I'm serious.

A really, really good deal on a LX right now would be right at the $17k mark.

A good deal is $17,500.

I actually am wondering if the GLS V6 would give better ride quality, though, because of the 16" rather than 17" tires, and the slightly softer suspension.
    17,500 was my price on a NEW sonata LX w/ 14 miles on it.
    I used Fitzmall as my benchmark and my local dealer said they would match their price. Perhaps I could have done better but this I thought was still a great offer. I believe April brings a car show to the NY area. If incentives stay as they've been you should be able to get an additional $500 off w/ a car show rebate. I just wasn't willing to roll the dice and wait anymore.

First tank of gas so far getting 19.4 mpg w/ city driving.
    I now understand complaints about the seat length being to short and the angle of the seat position sloping down. Although it didn't bother me when I test drove it I can see this as an issue. I'm only 5'8" but even for me I would much prefer a longer seat bottom cushion and even w/ the power seat it JUST barely makes the slope of the seat exceptable. But it's a hell-uv-a-car for 17,500.

THANK YOU to all who have posted in the past who have helped me make an informed purchase!
    jib - What rebates did they give you, and did you have any kind of Hyundai Loyalty rebate from owning a Hyundai before?

Thanks.

I'm a little nervous about resale, and I'm trying to get an LX for about 17k.
    Jib4 - What dealer did you purchase your LX from, Are you in NY?
    Thanks
    I had 3k in rebates that got the price down to 17,500.
    (1k loyalty, 1k finance and 1k v6 rebate)

Resale probably won't be strong but I plan on holding the car for a long time if it holds up it's end of the bargain.

I'm in NJ and bought through Brad Benson internet purchase program. Interest rate on loan is not good but I couldn't be bothered trying to argue it, I'll just refinance that.
    They also offer a $200 referal kickback when you send them a buying customer. Anyone want to kick back $200? anyone?
    ;) :shades:
    Anyone in NY area seeing prices like the $18,500 after $2000 in rebates. I'm in upstate NY and I can't get anything less than $22,400 before any rebates on a base LX, I would be willing to drive a few hours for a price like 18,500 after 2000 in rebates.
    Thanks
    Just go to Fitz Motor Mall and order a Sonata with the internet pricing.

They'll deliver the car to your neck of the woods for free.
  • zy1zy1 Posts: 31
    Hi, joedirt,

Do you know Fitz Motor Mall will deliver the car to anywhere in US or only to east coast? Thanks
    Hey zy1.

I thought they'd deliver anywhere. It says "we'll deliver to your home or office" on their website, when you click on the internet delivery thing.

Call their toll free number. Everyone is raving about their no bs sales tactics, and we all know that dealer bs is a huge issue.

Good luck.
    Do you know Fitz Motor Mall will deliver the car to anywhere in US or only to east coast?

That is an interesting point!
    I think they have you pick it up at a local dealer! But the question is: will you be able to see it / test it before you buy it!
  • zy1zy1 Posts: 31
    question is: will you be able to see it / test it before you buy it!

I think the answer is 90% NO.
    Negotiations with local dealers are painful and their price can not even close to the fitz's price. I wish fitz motor mall could have more branches in other states, for example the denver area.
    I have been in contact with Fitz Mall today, They almost seem too good to be true. I live in NY, 7 hour drive from their dealership, they offered to drive my new car to my house in NY all I needed to do was get the driver to the airport when he got here. For a price of 18,492 after 2,000 rebate for a base Sonata LX. I don't think I want to let someone drive my new car for 7 hours on the highway. I may go get it. The salesman said they don't always do this? They do not deliver any where for free, Not sure why the salesman made me this offer.
  • bobadbobad Posts: 1,587
    Negotiations with local dealers are painful and their price can not even close to the fitz's price.

I used Fitz as a negotiating tool. My dealer said he would try to match their price. We called up Fitz and put them on the speakerphone and got their exact quote, and my dealer matched it. I think most will.