Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older S-10's

1101112131416»

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    As I pulled into my driveway after work, the odometer rolled over onto 150,000 miles. I know there are many S10's out there with far more miles on them than that, but I feel like I have reached a milestone.

I think the 150K milestone is just the threshold of what should be considered "exceptional" service on a vehicle. So, at least I have made it that far.

The little truck is running like a new one, and there is no indication that it won't go another 150K! Wouldn't that be something? Realistically, I think I can count on seeing 200K with no problems other than routine wear items needing replacement or accessories going out.

What a great little truck!

Tom
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    It was one year ago today that I bought that little S 10. It was the best purchase I ever made as far as value received vs. money spent.

The truck had 134,502 miles on it when I bought it, and it now has slightly over 150,000. I have put almost 16K on it, and all it has needed are things that you would expect to have to replace on a truck with that many miles on it. The engine is running like a new one, and it uses only a little more than half a quart of oil between changes.

Happy Birthday, S 10!

Tom
This discussion has been closed.