Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Aurora Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1234568»

Comments

• oldwinooldwino Posts: 20
    Jack

Thanks for the reply. When I purchased I wasn't aware of the final ratio and figured that the mileage wouldn't be much different from my 98 Intrique with the 3.8L. 2K RPM on the Intrique gets me about 70mph. The trip to Florida was about 2 weeks after I bought it. Hadn't done any expressway running til that trip and I like to go when traveling. Since I got the car from the dealer where my uncle works, I didn't do a real extensive test drive and wasn't worried about getting a :lemon: . I am very happy about it's highway performance(other than mileage).

Since my initial post, I've done some research in this forum and there's a couple of things I plan to do. First I've got to clean the throttle body and egr valve, which are pretty dirty and replace the fuel filter which has about 30k on it. Bought a K&N filter and plan to put that in after the cleaning. I'm hoping it'll improve the mileage a couple mpg. Right now the idle is a little rough, when first started cold. Isn't bad once it's warmed up.

As for gas, I've started using Shell. They have a Shell Platinum Mastercard that has 5% rebate on the purchase of their gas. Found it on the Shell website. I have seen a little improvement in mileage just around town. I don't drive the car everyday, but try to take it for a spin at least once a week. Got a little KIA to go to work.The real test will be next month when we take a trip to South Carolina. I hope to get the maintenace done before the trip.

I'm 50 and have owned GM mostly Olds and Buick all my life(KIA mainly for work and the price was right) and all from the same dealer. Never had any major issues with any of them(knock on wood) except the turn signal/wiper switch unit in the steering column on the Intrique(warranted) and an AC compressor on a 91 Ciera(not). The Ciera had about 160K miles on it when sold and my son has the Intrique and it's got 150K on it. The cruise quit working on it recently. Found a used set of service manuals for the Aurora on ebay for $65 and I've got them now. So I'm still debating the $2500 warranty.

Will let you know how things go with the maintenance and the trip. By the way, great name.

Jack
  • They have a Shell Platinum Mastercard that has 5% rebate on the purchase of their gas.

That's the best deal going.... You also get a 1% rebate on everything else you purchase.. The rebate comes off your gas purchases, the very next month..

I've saved around $1000, over the last three years...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bryanbryan Posts: 217
    Hey, Congrats on your "new" Aurora. I've got an '03 Gold Edition (red bordeaux metallic over tan leather). Purchased new; car was on the lot one day. Car was spec ordered by the dealer, and has most every option, including the BOSE stereo. I'm in the last year of my 6 year warranty (I'm at 43K miles), so I'll get to the 72 months before the 60K miles.

I've used the warranty--sunroof rattles, yes, rattles, replaced two of the stereo speakers (rear shelf defective when delivered and driver door speaker went haywire, so they replaced it), plus a couple of DIC sensor replacements. One "mechanical" issue; replaced a CAM sensor??? I believe it was due to hard shifts. Best climate control system I've ever had on any car.

I drive the car back and forth most weeks from Northern VA to the Delaware coast and usually get 27 mpg (did max at 28.5 one trip according to the DIC); around town--16 to 20 mpg, depending upon traffic.

A couple of rear bumper parking rashes to report, otherwise, looks as good today as when I drove it off the lot new. I've had the same Olds mechanic at my GM dealer work on the car since delivery; he wants the car when I'm done. Who knows, maybe a new Buick Allure in the next couple of years?

Anyway, enjoy your ride!
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.