Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Aurora Owners: Photo Gallery

Comments

• Bronze mist is alomst orange in color. Saw it on ebay and though it was pretty odd for an Aurora lol.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm chiming in to interject my comments on the color discussion currently taking place.

I have seen all the 2003 colors for the Aurora in person and the 2002 Cherry Metallic also. My thoughts about some of the colors are:

My selling dealer had a Bordeaux Red Aurora on the lot and I compared it to the Dark Cherry Metallic of the Collector's Edition that I have. The Bordeaux Red looked more like a dark plum metallic color. It was slightly brighter than the Dark Cherry and you have to be in bright sunlight to get the angle of the sun reflecting just right to see the metallic sparklies in the paint. The Dark Cherry is like that too. I obviously preferred the Dark Cherry more. I think that it is prettier and the more dramatic of the two.

The Steel Blue Metallic looks like a baby blue metallic as best as I can describe it. The picture in the 2003 Oldsmobile brochure for the Aurora is pretty true to the actual color. I thought that it was the only one that was of all the colors in the brochure samples. This same color was also available on the Bonneville for 2003.

My selling dealer had one last 2002 model on the lot for a long time and it was a Cherry Metallic 3.5. The Cherry Metallic is definitely brighter than the Dark Cherry and can be a little dark looking too when not in direct sunlight. The sunlight brings out the color and the sparklies in it as well. It liked it better than the Bordeaux Red, but still am hooked on the Dark Cherry.

If I had not bought a Final 500, I would have bought a White Diamond as a regular model. It is my all-time favorite for the Aurora. It seems to be such as thick paint color.

I think that the Aurora was the best value Luxury car that GM offered for 2003 in terms of luxury, performance, features, warranty, and price. A Park Avenue Ultra costing over $42,000 fully loaded and FAUX (fake plastic) wood trim instead of REAL wood trim like the Aurora and NO BOSE radio option like the Aurora is an IMMEDIATELY turnoff to me. What is Buick thinking? I thought that they were supposed to be the Cadillac wannabee division. Looks like Oldsmobile beat them every time with the Aurora.

O.K. My 2 cents is over(probably not worth one). Continue the discussions! ;-)

Bryant
  • javidoggjavidogg Posts: 366
    Here you can see the HELLA ballast on the far lower right corner of the engine area.

Here is a front shot, lights on.

Side shot.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/javidogg

Peace.
  • garnesgarnes Posts: 950
    Your car looks great. Looks like you did some exhaust work - maybe?? Tips look good. You should tell us what you did on the mod board.
  • rjs200240rjs200240 Posts: 1,277
    There was a guy on Autopia who posted up a shot of his 911 being jacked from the rear point. The whole side was lifted up, and everyone was all aflutter about the impressiveness of anything Porsche... The idea being that Porsches are so infinitely superior in chasis structure that the whole side can be lifted from one jacking point.

It was a neat shot, but I can do it too with the Aurora. Unfortunately I can't capture the picture as well since my garage is small (and the photo never seems to show it lifted as well). The back tire doesn't come off the ground, but that's mainly because my car has substantially more suspension travel than a 911, and the rear seems to have more than the front. The tire is barely touching, though. If the front jack had like an inch more travel, both tires would be off the ground (the front gets raised just enough to pull the wheel off, but it isn't much further off the pavement than that.

Just thought you guys might find it cool. In this shot, my car is jacked up from the front driver's side jacking point:

• Loved that thread...thanks for posting the pics and reminding me of it again. I was thinking of changing my signature line to: "It sure does burn evenly", but I thought only you and I would get that. Great stuff!
  • yea, he has a complete flowmaster system he's had for 3 years :O I found him trying to search for Bose help.
    And apparently in need of some photo editing software...
  • javidoggjavidogg Posts: 366
    Nice pearl white Aurora,

Hey do you have your Aurora also listed on cardomain.com?

Peace.

Http://www.cardomain.com/id/javidogg
  • HenryHenry Posts: 1,106
    Just my humble opinion. To each his own and its YOUR Aurora.

I come from the school of thought that says the Classic needs no body mods to look good.

I do like your wheels.

LOL to rjs200240

Henri
  • I feel just the opposite as henry.

I really dont the wheels, (way to busy for me)

And the body kit is nice, but you should have a shop make it smoother. Get the area where the kit meets the orginal body shaved. (The area that looks like a rope going across.)
  • Not Aurora pics, but these were from a 2003 Grand Prix that I detailed earlier this year. I stumbled upon them and wanted to share them, I was very happy with the way this one turned out and couldn't remember if I had shown them to you guys yet.

The whole car:

This was a rather quick job..maybe about 2 hours for the whole car, just an exterior detail done with Meguiar's Swirl-Free Polish and 1 coat of Souveran (which is what is sitting on the hood in the first pic). Sorry to go off-topic and thanks for indulging me guys!
    Gotta love Souveran! I did my sister's 1995 Bonneville with some DACP (maybe it was SFP, but I think it was DACP), some 3M Tar Remover, and some Souveran. It is garaged, but very neglected. I was amazed by how good it looked. Souveran is pretty awesome! That hood shot with the tin on it is great, very deep/glossy.

• Those are great pics!
    Well, I got a product called Wolfgang to try out, and finally got a chance to do so. It worked very nicely. Since those of you interested in yet another detailing product will probably have read my review on Autopia, I'll spare you the details. Here's the good stuff. Note my side grill inlets are removed as I am going to super weatherstrip adhesive that foam that directs air into the radiator. They are all loose and get moved off to the side.

• HenryHenry Posts: 1,106
    Clean car!
  • stickking1stickking1 Posts: 247
    Beauty. How you like the new place? Where did you order the Wolfgang stuff and what other products do they have?...I have never heard of them. Been a few since I browsed Autopia, so maybe I just missed the boat.
This discussion has been closed.