Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pickup Owners - Meet the Members

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,012
edited April 5 in Nissan
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Nissan pickup!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• Let's see. i am a proud owner of a 1997 SE pickup that currently has 59000 miles on it. I have only had it a yaer now and altered it slightly. I will have pictures posted in the future. Looking forward to discussions.

-Frank
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Frank's got a cool truck. I'm just stopping by here, I'm actually an Isuzu Trooper owner, but you'll see me in here a bunch.

-mike
  • Hi evreybody. I had a '91 King Cab that I sold in '98 with 80K on it. I was sad to see it go, but needed more room (ie kid and her stuff). I am looking at a '01 CC now. I really like Edmunds, and have found a lot of useful information here.

coas2
  • Glad to see you are returning to a Nissan. I just saw the '02 supercharged crew cab with the
    6-foot bed. It is a great looking truck. It has all the bed room as the standard and extended cab trucks, plus the advantages of the crew cab. I think these trucks are great and wouldn't mind buying another one. The reliability of these trucks are great. I sold my first one with 224,000 miles on it. It was a '86 720 series. This is why I bought another one.

Frank
  • Hi everyone. I owned an 87 Hardbody and loved it. Bought a new 98 Frontier KC XE three years ago and just traded it in for a used (6400 miles) Silver Supercharged CC with the leather package. Man, what a difference in power and ride!
  • fuzziefuzzie Posts: 1
    I just bought a 1996 Nissan Pickup, and I am experiencing problems with the window fogging up, even though the defroster is on and the fresh air lever is set to fresh.

Anyone else have this...what is the fix?
  • usaf52usaf52 Posts: 70
    Have a 2001 KC with 13K on it now, having bought it in January 2001. Have not had one single problem or complaint. Have put a fiberglass color matched cap on it and a bugflector (never know if they work or not. Must count bugs before and after installation). My son just bought a 2002 crew cab Silver Ice.
  • tee_dotstee_dots Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a used pickup and I've come across an '87 Nissan 4x4. I'd like to know if anyone has ever owned one and if it's worth buying with 250000 kms on it. Any advice would be great... Thanks!
  • 99gs99gs Posts: 109
    It doesn't look as though this is a very active site, but I just purchased a 2000 King Cab 6 cyl XE. This is my first pickup. We're counting on the versatility and 4 wheel drive to make it worth while. If anyone is still out there, post a message maybe we can get this site a little more active. Jack
  • Just got an 03 XEV6 CC and I love it so far. Looking forward to hearing from others about their experiences.
  • Greetings! I have a 1991 Hardbody Std Cab, D43 if you will, that I purchased new in late 1990. One HELL of a truck. Utterly reliable. This is my sole transportation: drive it 65 miles to work each day. Have over 187,000 miles with no major maintenance. Would I buy another Nissan? You betcha. Reliablilty and value are what sold me on this truck. Will probably get a Titan whenever this little puppy kaputs. Have thoroughly "Enjoyed the Ride".
  • We are in the market for a lite weight travel trailer. The manual says our truck can tow 5000 lbs. What would be the heaviest we could tow without putting a strain on the drive train?
  • Just got an '03 crew cab xe in August-no problems really except a right hand pull that started at 3,000 miles-dealer made a slight front end adustment and was ok till about 4,000 miles and started again.Took back to dealer and said front end was within specs and the right front tire must have some kind of problem. Totally pissed about it-now have to get with a Bridgestone dealer and go through the warrenty for a replacement!
  • keaneckeanec Posts: 349
    Had a 2000 Frontier CC 4x4 and pulled a 5000lbs travel trailer with no problem. You should be fine
  • Just bought a new 2004 4x4 XE Long Bed Crew Cab all white. Was told when I bought it that it could be towed with all 4 wheels on the ground by putting the Transfer Case in Neutral. I am thinking the salesman blew smoke to make the sale. Haven't heard back from Nissan yet or from Remco, but did find the 2003 cannot be towed with all 4 wheels on the road without a modified drive shaft (that you can get from Remco).

I love the truck, it is the 3rd Nissan truck I have owned. The only thing I have found to date that hasn't been fixed is you can't read the dash gages during the day worth a darn. Guess Nissan didn't listen to all the compliants about that from prior years.
  • Hey, I just bought a new '03 king cab. I have been reading the owbers manual. It seems to offer explicit instructions on towing. Check it out!
  • I JUST PURCHASE A BLACK '04 TITAN 4X4 SE CREW CAB...I LOVE IT! I DROVE ALL OTHER FULLSIZE THAT WERE IN MY PRICE RANGE...THE TITAN OFFERS MUCH MUCH MORE FOR THE MONEY. PLUS, YOU GET TO BE THE 1ST ON YOUR STREET TO HAVE ONE!
  • HELLO EVERYONE,JUST THOUGHT I'D DROP A LINE AND TELL YA I BOUGHT A 2003 NISSAN FRONTIER LAST JAN. AND I NOW HAVE 18,000 MILES ON IT WITH NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER.I ACCESSORIZED A BIT. NEW STEREO=KENWOOD HEAD UNIT,FOSGATE 12" SUB,FOSGATE 400 WATT AMP/ A HOOD BRA / REAR LITES BLACKOUT KIT/ A LEER FLAT TONNEAU COVER/ SEAT COVERS/SIDE WINDOW VENT VISORS/BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DASH KIT/AND IN THE NEAR FUTURE 17" CUSTOM CHROME WHEELS WITH LOW PROFILE TIRES. MY TRUCK IS SILVER IN COLOR.I BOUGHT THIS NISSAN FRONTIER CAUSE OF THE LOOKS AND DEPENDABILITY. (I BOUGHT 3 NEW S-10S OVER THE YEARS AND I MUST SAY THEY WERE ALL JUNK.(ALWAYS IN THE SHOP FOR REPAIR).THIS FRONTIER IS ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS! (NICE RIDE,REALIABLE,DEPENDABLE,COMFORTABLE,QUALITY,AND A 4 CYLINDER WITH 16 VALVES THAT GOTS SOME BALLS.MPG IS 25 CONSISTANTLY. THE ONLY [non-permissible content removed] I GOT IS I WISH THE GAS TANK WAS 19 OR 20 GALLON INSTEAD OF THE LITTLE 15 GALLON TANK. KEEP OR BUY A NISSAN.........U CAN'T GO WRONG..........
  • Hello....I'm the proud owner of an '02 XE CC 4x4. So far, after 27,000 miles, it's never been in the shop! Unlike my '01 Dakota Sport 4x4 which was in the shop over 15 times. Finally, I filed for Lemon Law & Dodge bought my truck. That's when I switched to the "Final Frontier". I'm looking forward to seeing the new '05 Frontier @ the Chicago Autoshow in a few weeks. I think w/ the larger engine & overall size, it will give the other midsize p/u's a run for their money.
  • my name is troy and i just bought a 2000 4x4. it only came with 1 remote and i bought a used one can anyone tell how to program it or the web site that will tell me how to do this. thank you and good luck.
  • Troy - I think you will need to visit your local Nissan dealership to have it reprogrammed. I have a '99 Dodge Stratus & my wifes grandfather had the remotes de-activated. The dealer only charged me $35 & did it while I waited. I searched all repair manuals & websites and came up empty handed. You can also purchase another remote at the same time if needed. Good luck!
  • I have a 2003 Frontier CC LB 4x4 XE with the 3.3 V6. As in most vehicles when I turn on the defroster, the AC compressor kicks on to help clear the windows. However in this model the the AC compressor will NOT turn off when switched back to vent. The only solution is to turn the fan off, thereby all ventilation, or turn off the engine and turn it back on. Only then will the system return to vent without the AC compressor running. Thinking it was a problem I took to a dealer for service, and he replaced the activator, only to find out this is how the system is intended to work. The TSB says it is to assist keeping the windows clear. That may be OK in the tropics, but it doesn't help in heating the cab during a Nor'easter in January. Does anyone know of a fix to solve this? From the TSB it seems like a problem with 2003 models only. If it is why doesn't Nissan replace it with the 2002 or 2004 actuator? For anybody getting disappointing gas mileage or lack of power, this may be the culprit. Any suggestions would be helpful. Otherwise I have enjoyed the vehicle and look to many years of ownership.
  • jablonka1jablonka1 Posts: 8
    I just installed a K & N air filter on my truck. I also put a 5W-30 weight synthetic AMSOIL in the engine. WOW! more power and I'm sure the engine will last much longer with the AMSOIL. Have any of you did the same? Gas mileage also improved.
  • abpelch1abpelch1 Posts: 48
    Just switched to Amsoil 5W30 & Mobil-1 filter in my 2000 Desert Runner a couple thousand miles ago. I did this more for reliability standpoint, so I'm still using the stock air filter which will filter particles better than K&N. The Amsoil seems to have smoothed the idle even more & added a bit more power. I haven't noticed any increased mileage yet...maybe I will after the synthetic cleans out the engine a bit more.
  • u22uu22u Posts: 3
    just bought a 2004 4cyl with 5speed. never had a truck before, or a nissan for that matter. really searched high and low for small trucks for a bout six months. this one finally won me over. tell me about yours, the MPG i can expect, any quality aftermarket items that really have proven themselves to be worthwhile, and any thing else that you think improtant. i'd liek to stay in touch with some frontier owners about our trucks. mine has 74 miles on it. keep in touch through : gmillione@yahoo.com keep on truckin
  • u22uu22u Posts: 3
    found any useful ways to make the front bucket seats ride less like a pickup on a washboard road.
  • Check this site...center for auto safety...www.autosafety.org...they have a data base of vehicle defects of all makes....please spread the word about this site.
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    Hey frank,I owned a 1989&1993,they were the best trucks I ever owned,thoe I can't say too much about your Isuzu,I know they crush like tin foil when in a accident.I own a 2001 chevy s-10,biggest peace of crap I ever bought,stupid me should of bought another Nissan.They say buy american but our countrys truck suck I hate too say.the seats sit so dam low you don't get much room.
  • 2005lekc2005lekc Posts: 145
    I just purchased this truck 6 weeks ago and I am in the process of modifying it to
    suit me. I love the truck and the power although I have to be very careful or my gas
    mileage goes down the tubes.

I have ordered a Fold a Cover bed cover for it and I am awaiting its arrival They are
    just now putting the '05 model production on the line.

I would like to add a nice slightly louder than stock, mellow sounding exhaust on it next, but I cannot find anyone locally that has changed theirs out to judge the sound level.

I had a '00 Frontier XE that I sold to buy the '05. The only reason I traded was that
    the 4 cylinder just did not have the power I needed. Boy, do I have the power now.
    I did put a Flowmaster exhaust on it and it had a much deeper sound, but it was too loud
    for long trips.

Before the '00 XE I had a 1977 Datsun Kingcab tha tI drove for 24 years and 175,000
    miles. It was a 5 speed with no air conditioning or anything else for that matter.

I look forward to a lot of fun miles in my new ride.

Gerald
  • dfaltdfalt Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Nissan King Cab that I bought about 18 months ago and I really like the truck. The only problem I have is that the truck gets blown all all over the road in the wind. I replaced the stabilizer bar links which were worn out but even after that I have to fight the truck to keep it straight in the wind. Anybody had a similar problem. The rest of the linkage is tight and my mechanic says that there is nothing he can do.
    thanks
    gfalt @ifn.net
This discussion has been closed.