Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pickups Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• okinawaokinawa Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where or how I can get info on putting my 98 Frontier engine and tranny, (5 speed manual) in an 89 Nissan pickup? I wrecked the front end of my 98 and have an 89 with blown engine and bad tranny.
  • kamran1kamran1 Posts: 3
    Is there a after market overhead rack gear for Titan? How much is the original Titan overhad rack gear including installation? can I install it myself?
  • Anyone know where to find one for a 2004 Frontier Crew Cab 2WD? We're looking for a 3" suspension lift kit. Everything we find is for a 4WD or for older model Nissans. Got any good leads, hit me up. Thanks.

Climbr
  • judi1judi1 Posts: 1
    We just got an XM package installed at the dealer and got the antenna that looks like a black square, that curves up - standard I guess. It was installed on the front windshield, passenger corner. From the inside it's not that bad, but my husband doesn't like the way it appears when looking at the truck from the outside. Are there any other options as far as placement, or even options for a different antenna so that we could have it placed somewhere less conspicuous? (we're new to XM) The dealer said he'd look into it but as of now there is no other way for the Titan. Just wondering if anybody else has had success in modifying this situation.

Thanks
  • jdkx2jdkx2 Posts: 10
    Mine is installed on the inside of the windshield and behind the mirror. There is a "mesh" on the winshield that makes it pretty much invisible from the outside.
  • bill_s1bill_s1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 4X4 Crew cab and want to install an in dash Nav system. Does anyone know of an aftermarket system that is available or is their a different solution such as a portable unit, etc.
    Thanks,
  • 2bar2bar Posts: 3
    Has anyone put a camper cap on a Titan? I've yet to see one. I hope to put one on by fall for a trip I'll be making.

I have the utility bed track. It seems that someone should be making camper cap clamps that would fit into that track.
  • 2005lekc2005lekc Posts: 145
    I had a white 2000 XE and had the front bumper and fender flares painted to match the truck. I had the truck for 5 years and the bumper got a few chips, but no more than the
    factory paint on the hood.

I am not sure if it is the same material as your truck, but it looked great and worked well on my 2000.

I just purchased a 2005 Frontier LE KC and had the outside mirrors, the front bumper,
    and the mud guards all painted white to match the truck. I have not had it long enough
    to tell if the paint will hold up as well as it did on my 2000, but it looks great.

Gerald
  • 89motor89motor Posts: 1
    If you are unable to put the frontier motor into your Nissan, I was wondering if you would be willing to sell you nissan Pickup.
  • menmyjpmenmyjp Posts: 19
    Does anybody have any suggestions on an aftermarket leveling kit? I'm looking just to raise the front anywhere from 1-2 inches...I hear rumours of the poly kits causing excessive strut wear and vibration...is this true? Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
  • fatboy15fatboy15 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if they make an aftermarket exhaust system for my 1999 Nissan Fronier 2.4L inline 4Cyl
  • nissan3nissan3 Posts: 5
    Gibson offers a cat-back system.I just put one on my 2000 Frontier 2.4 Auto.Easy install,nice 3.5 inch tip.Its not to loud,i'm liking it more every day.You will need a muffler gasket for where it bolts to the cat.I also have a Header coming that i got the Metallic Crematic Coating on it.I think the header is made by Passetter.I think Gibson is still offering free shipping on there exhaust.
  • 2005lekc2005lekc Posts: 145
    I just sold my 2000 XE KC, but I had a Flowmaster one in two out muffler installed on it
    when I first got it. It had a wonderfully deep sound, but turned out to be a little louder than what I wanted for driving on the highway.

I am currently trying to decide what, if any catback exhaust to put on my '05 LE KC.
    I want something deep, but not much louder than stock. I like the stock exhaust note,
    just wish it was a little louder and a lot deeper.

Gerald
  • gtcoxgtcox Posts: 1
    I believe that Stillen makes an aftermarket leveling kit for the 05 frontier. I have a 4wd and have had the same problem finding a kit. The kit is aluminum spring spacers. Hopefully I gave you the right manufacturer, if not the nissan parts department in Deland florida can look it up for you. (386) 734-3003 is their number. The only reason i didn't buy it is because it's a bit pricey for two pieces of metal. I think it was $200. hope i could help
  • centralcalcentralcal Posts: 215
    If you check Nissan Titan club talk, prerunner greg has been making leveling kits for the Titan, and now has designed one for the Frontier. $250 for the Front leveling kit and rear block. Works great, looks great.
  • i have a 05 crew cab 4x4 titan with cat bac exaust and cold air induction that was installed from the dealer ship as a off road package. i am wanting to ad a chip for more power and to do away with the shut off point (118 mph). where and how much. has the super charger came out for the titan.

thanks
  • ricks4ricks4 Posts: 6
    I searched the archives and didn't find one single post on this....just purchased a Titan and the dealer provided me with a sheet about this Toughguard product that is supposed to protect the paint for a guaranteed five years without ever waxing. I'm generally pretty skeptical about stuff like this. Apparently, the same manufacturer has a similar product for the leather and vinyl and also for fabric.

Anyone ever used this stuff? Worth the $500 price?
  • I've got an aftermarket IMCO 2.5" exhaust, but i'm looking for headers. Any suggestions? In addition, i'm searching for a leveling kit for the front. I'm aware that Stillen makes a leveling kit for the 2005, but I can't find one for the 2004. Any ideas???? :confuse:
  • There is no leveling kit for the '04 because they have a torsion bar front end, the '05 has a coilover front end. The only way to level the front with the torsion bars is to crank them up, but that's not a good idea. It ruins your alignment and the ride of the truck. I used to have a '98 frontier and bought an '05. The '05 is awesome.
  • I own a 1997 Nissan pickup with the 2.4l engine. With the price of gasoline skyrocketing I was interested in doing whatever I can to increase mpg. Is there anyone who has knowledge of whether the 5th gear in these pickups can be made longer. I figure the lower the rpm's run to stay at 70 mph the better the fuel mileage would be from this pickup. The 200 sx from the same year has a 2.4l engine and is rated at 37 mpg where as my pickup is only rated at 25 mpg. I do understand that aerodynamics play a role in this also, and I am working on that part, but what about changing the transmission. Any information would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.