Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pickups Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,495
    I think you meant to post in Toyota Corolla Maintenance and Repair :)

kcram - Pickups Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• hizzoner3hizzoner3 Posts: 6
    I need to remove the grill of my 07 Frontier LE. I can release all of the fastners other than what I think, are the lower right & left push in fastners. I can't seem to see how to get to them to press the release clip. Does anyone know how to release these?

• robalorobalo Posts: 3
    I removed them on my 07 SE from under the truck. Why are you removing the grille?
    The guy that I bought it from had Nissan install a horizontal bar grill over-lay in the grill and it isn't installed straight plus I don't think I like it.

Can I reach the clips from under the truck like I can from under the hood, behind the grill?

Thanks for the reply.

Mine is an 06 rather than an 07, I miss-typed the message. I assume there the same. :D
  • robalorobalo Posts: 3
    I reached up from under the truck and pushed up both of them. I took the Chrome bezel off the grill and have just left the black grill. It looks better but I still feel it looks too busy. I would like to replace with a mesh grill with a chrome trim ring around the border. Have you seen any aftermarket full replacement grills?
    No I haven't seen anything like you described but I can make you a deal on the grill over-lay I removed from my Frontier. It is like the one shown at the following WEB site (http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=54627&cat=3058&pa- ge=1). After I read your reply I went back out and was able to remove the stock grill and then remove the over-lay. I like the stock black grill better. It fits into the three stock openings and is secured from the back side with special brackets.

Thanks for the help.
  • Yes I had my clutch go out at 13000 miles and the bastards made me pay for it. They said that it was the way I drove, but I told them that I had been driving manual cars for over 15 years and never had a problem. So, they said that it wasn't covered by the warranty.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    It is darn difficult to get clutch or brakes fixed under warranty with many dealers and manufacturers. They always blame wear and tear or abuse even when there is a defect as the root cause.
  • It's typical to have to replace a battery after 3 or 4 years. I would call this normal maintenance.
  • jmj57jmj57 Posts: 3
    Last week a rim on my 2006 Titan broke. The lug nuts and studs stayed in place, but the rim broke. Because the truck was out of warranty (mine had 46K instead of the 36K warranty number), Nissan said I had to pay. They said that rims break. "Sometimes it happens" said the dealer. The regional rep agreed. Any other Nisaan owners have the same issue? Or others have bad customer service issues with Nissan? We currently own 2 Nissans which we bought new that have the same rims..."That sometimes it happens" that the rims break... Good thing mine broke at 10-15 mph and not 60...otherwise I wouldn't be telling you this today.

I'd never buy another Nissan again...

Comments anyone?
  • That is a NHTSA issue and possible recall issue .Please report this.
  • I have a 1997 Nissan PU that has been a good truck. I recently started having a problem when I start to downshift to go up a hill. I get no power. It's like when I downshift to second I still stay in the higher gear and have no power to go up the hill.
  • I'm looking into buying a 2002 nissan frontier 3.3L SE. The dealership price is $8990. But it does have 112,965 miles, I thought it I would offer about $8400? Carfax was clean. Any input?
  • cwo4cwo4 Posts: 90
    For the second time my air conditioner has frozen up on my '09 Frontier SE Crew Cab with 18K miles. It takes place after hours of driving in hot and humid weather common here in the South. I took it to the dealer the first time it happened but they said they could not find anything wrong. They talked to Nissan who said they had not heard of any AC problems with the '09's. I was told to bring it in to the nearest dealer the next time it happened. It has been over a month between episodes and of course when it froze the second time it was Saturday night when everything was closed. Today, after it unfroze, the air conditioner worked fine. I did manage to take some pictures showing the frozen lines which I will take to the dealer tomorrow hoping it may help in the diagnosis. The tech said the last time it happened that the refrigerant level was fine, the pressure was fine and the AC was functioning properly. So what could it be? And has anyone else experienced this?
  • 1951don1951don Posts: 6
    I just bought a 2003 Frontier XE King Cab with 233,000 miles on it. I keep getting a check engine light with a code that says plugged EGR passages. Any ideas as to how to fix this problem? I also have a bent pulley where the A/C belt goes, looks like someone tried to pry it off, dealership wants $212 for a new one, anyone know where I can get a used one cheap? Only paid $3,000 for truck, so I'm on a limited budget since I had to convince the wife to let me buy it in the first place. Thanks to all you Frontier owners!!!
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    Please inform me what the correct spark plug socket size would be for a 07 Frontier V-6? Also, I'm thinking that the plugs may be quite difficult to access? What would I need?
    Thanks!
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    I think 16mm is the correct size. Torque to 18 FT/LB. You'll need to take the coil packs off to access the plugs -- torque them to 62 *INCH*/LB upon re-installation. Unfortunately two plugs on the passenger side require you to remove the intake manifold to access them. Somewhat of a pain, but nothing too crazy. Just be sure you don't drop anything down the intake plenum. These are 100,000 Mile plugs; your '07 shouldn't need new plugs this soon unless you're looking to swap them out for something else. Good luck in your work.
    I have an '06 and live in the deep south and my AC is fine at 20,000 Miles. I've actually not heard of many AC problems with these trucks. I wish I could help. You might try a different dealer if one is not too far away.
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    Thanks, I have a 16mm socket. Actually, I won't be removing the plugs unless absolutely necassary. The change should not be due for another 7 -8 years at this rate.
    Cheers!
    I was thinking about removing my plugs at about 30,000 Miles, putting some anti-seize on the threads and re-installing them. Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I can't help but think that removing plugs in an aluminium head for the first time at 100,000 Miles could be difficult. From what I gather, Nissan does not put anti-seize on the threads.