Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CONSIDERATE Salespeople & CONSIDERATE Buyers

14567810»

Comments

• sky23213sky23213 Posts: 296
    This is a helpful info though, since this is the dealership where I do all the service for my CR-V. It's not where I bought it, but it's so convenient ( on my way to work). Now aside from the buying dealer - Hopkins Honda, where I had great buying experience - I know of another reliable salesperson when it is time for my next Honda (maybe sometime next year).
  • I just had a most positive buying experience. The dealer in my town used the ol' "Well, let me talk to my sales manager" routine and guilty ploys, "I have to feed my family." So I called a dealer three hours up the road. There were no high pressure sales tactics just good honest win-win negotiating. When I went to pick up the car I was out the door in 30 minutes with keys and insurance in hand.

On the three hour drive home, I experienced near excruciating pain in my right leg. The make of the seat aggravated the sciatic nerve after about 45 minutes. I phoned the dealer when I got home and told him what happened. They took the car back and refunded my money without a hassle. I'm making this too simple . . . they were GREAT to work with, placing organizational interest, product image, customer satisfaction and their reputation above personal gain.

I'm sending a personal check for $100 to the sales person and another one to the sales manager to say thank you. I don't honestly know right now if I want to purchase another car so far from home but if anyone is going to help me find a car that will work for me I believe Kendall in Eugene, Oregon will. They have my loyalty. Check them out for yourself, you will be glad you did. I have a friend who purchased her car from them and she too speaks very highly of the sales and service.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Wow! I am impressed.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    "I have to feed my family."

That is so pathetic. I had a sales person use that on me once. I told him I'd get him an empty tin can and a sign so he could go hang out on the street corner.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    I believe you... but that's a hard story to believe. First time I've read of a dealership taking a car back due to uncomfortable seats. Glad it worked out for you.
  • I know a Land Rover dealer who took a Range Rover back because the people couldn't stand the heating elements in the windshield.
    I would think on a Range Rover that would end up costing the dealership about 5-10k, as they could no longer sell it new??? They must have been "special" customers.
  • They just unwound the deal. The paperwork was never sent to the office or the state, the lien was never registered and the car was never registered.

I think the car had less then 100 miles on it so it didn't really matter.

Range Rovers rarely come with less then 35 miles on the odo anyway.
  • I just purchased a lightly-used Mazda 3 for my son. The initial contact and purchase were done through the internet sales manager. I am very happy with the entire process, and highly recommend them.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Consider writing up a review in Dealer Ratings and Reviews!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,481
    This week I went to a dealer for a test drive of a car I had been interested in. I knew from sitting in this model that wit a sunroof there was not enough headroom for me to drive comfortably. As it turned out this dealer didn't have any without the sunroof.
    I thanked him for his time and gave my phone number in case he got one in that I could drive.

Friday when I came home from work there was a message on my machine saying "Your car is in you can come over Saturday or Monday".

It seems they had "borrowed" from another dealer just so I could try it out.

How's that for considerate?

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    Agreed, that's a salesman who is interested in earning your business.

Slip him a twenty the next time you're in. ;)

-moo
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Did you end up buying from that considerate salesperson?

I know, I know 3 months later with a question. Trying to kick start a dead topic.
    "...Did you buy from that considerate salesperson?..."

As a matter of fact yes I did. I didn't buy the car they "borrowed", however. It wasn't the color my wife wanted. So in the end they "borrowed" another one.

Now that's interesting. I never heard of borrowing a "demo".

Was there some type of relationship between the dealers to loan each other demos on request?
  • mitzijmitzij Posts: 612
    I believe you... but that's a hard story to believe. First time I've read of a dealership taking a car back due to uncomfortable seats. Glad it worked out for you.

How about for 'wrong color'?
    We had a lady come in last summer. She knew the color she wanted-granite grey. She'd seen a car on another lot that color and wanted to order an Equinox. We order the car, get it in, deliver it-no problem.

Well, no problem until she sees her new car in the sunlight. It was dark and overcast the evening she picked it up. In the sun, this lovely grey color has a brownish sheen to it from a certain angle. She hated it. Refused to drive it anymore and parked it at our dealership. We had to call a GM engineer in to check the paint color-it was right. She ordered granite grey and that's what she got.
    Five months later, she's got a new Equinox. In red.
    So your dealership took the car back? Hadn't been titled yet?
    "...I never heard of borrowing a "demo"..."

Me either. Don't know how they did it. Perhaps they were lying about how they got it. It seemed like a nice gesture at the time though.

• mitzijmitzij Posts: 612
    I think it actually had been titled. She had it all of two or three days, then parked it on our lot. It went through as a GM buyback.
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Me either. Don't know how they did it. Perhaps they were lying about how they got it. It seemed like a nice gesture at the time though.

We get cars "on a look" all the time from dealers we have a good relationship with. Gives them a chance to move a demo but they know we won't commit to putting it on our floor plan till it is sold.
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    It went through as a GM buyback.

Ya if it was a buy back then it had to have been titled.
    Must've been a special customer. In all my dealings over the years with GM I found them to be the most resistant to buybacks of all the manufacturers. Now for them to bend over and do it on a "color" basis is most interesting.
14567810»
This discussion has been closed.