Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuel and Oil Additives

1383940414244»

Comments

• kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,752
    Well it's been a while but the folks at ASL Camguard are finally releasing their automotive version. The differences from the aircraft-biased product are addition of friction modifiers that are claimed to reduce engine wear by 80%.

As of yet there is no info on the Camguard web site about Auto Camguard (the site has been slow to be updated), but those who contact the primary distributor (who is the primary sponsoring developer) can order it. The chemist who developed it is Ed Kollin (former head chemist of Exxon) and there is a video there explaining the product.

I'm just posting the info folks. ;)
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,972
    A journalist would like to speak to someone who fuels up with 85 octane and has experienced engine issues or a weaker performance at lower elevations because of it. If you use or have used 85 octane, and would like to share your story with a reporter, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, June 20 at 2 p.m. Pacific/5 p.m. Eastern.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• mom0423mom0423 Posts: 15
    I have a 2002 Honda Accord 6 cyl and its in Florida. I've heard that in hot areas you should try to keep a full tank of gas to prevent condensation in the fuel tank. It this a myth or truth? I just filled it up and noticed an engine knocking at acceleration. Will a fuel additive help with this by chance? I love this forum. It's always been a great help. Thanks!
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,698
    With all the vapor controls on cars, you don't need to worry about condensation. And worry even less in hot areas, not much condensing going on, anyway.

As for the knocking, if it's loud get to a mechanic soon. If it's barely noticeable I'd try filling up with premium after it gets to a half tank and see if it goes away.

Is the 'check engine light' (or any warning light) on?
  • In 1983 I bought in San Diego, CA a glass bottle of Motor Purr power steering stop leak and put it into my 1978 Ford Fairmont with power rack & pinion steering, which had been leaking. A repair shop mechanic had estimated that the rebuild of the power rack would be about $600. Within a few days the power steering fluid leak stopped and there was no adverse side effect in the performance of my steering. I had the car for some time afterward and the steering stayed leak-free up to the day I sold the car. As I recall, the bottle indicated that Motor Purr was based in northern California, perhaps Sacramento. I live in South Carolina now and I'd like to know how to buy their products if the company is still extant. There seems to be some indication that they're still around.