Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid and Buying Experience

It cost 17000 including all charges. I have 34 payment left.

Comments

• mralanmralan Posts: 174
    Anyone purchase an 02 Tacoma 4 cylinder with auto transmission? How much did you pay?
  • grantn17grantn17 Posts: 1
    I was curious if there was any way that people think I could get a 2001 tundra SR5 for 17,000? I am selling my Chevy Blazer and i want to get a tundra, just not sure if i can afford one.
  • twowheelertwowheeler Posts: 89
    You might be able to get a tundra with a V6 at that price. Check carsdirect.com for a price on the new '02. I quickly looked it up and for a V6, access cab, SR5, 5 spd, bare bones - $18,576 with the $1,000 factory rebate in So Cal. So, a used '01 model with comparable features might be had at $17k
  • kma55kma55 Posts: 1
    Hello,
    On the same topic, I am considering a 1997 Tacoma 2wd xcab w/68550 miles. pretty much standard otherwise. Edmund's Says I should be paying about $8927 Dealer is at $10800 at this point. Any input?
    Thanks
  • I'd say, confirm the data you've input into the edmunds pricer and then check kelly blue book at www.kbb.com, then check www.autotrader.com for some comparisons. If the dealer is still higher, I'd continue shopping. Note that the dealer resale price is typically higher than what a private party would sell at. Just my .02
  • Anybody buying a Tacoma DBL cab in IL or 5 state area, I am trying to confirm pricing?
  • Any suggestions on where to sell my Tacoma on-line? I live in East Tennessee. I want to include a picture and everything. Let me know your thoughts.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,023

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Hey Lance I live in Nashville. I might be interested in your vehicle. Can you give me the details: price, mileage, color, etc
  • 4.7 V8, Captain Chairs, All Weather Guard Package, Off-Road TRD Package, Extra Value Package (Convenience), Limited Slip Diff, and I got them to throw in a Under Rail Bed Liner. I think I did well and it was also the new Phantom Grey Pearl color.
  • It was basically a Limited without the Leather or wood grain look dash.
  • I have a chance to buy a 01 SR5 4x4 Xcab V8 14,500 miles Tundra. It has a bedliner,good rubber and appears to be in great shape.Have had good luck with Toyotas in the past.Price is 23,000.Is it worth it? Thanks...
  • $28,077.

TRD Off-Road
    Extra Value Pack
    Limited without leather and woodgrain dash, plus a bedliner.
  • rivrerivre Posts: 2
    Has anybody paid less than 28K for 03 Tundra sr5v8access cab with extra value package, all weather gaurd package, bedliner, fog lights?
  • rivrerivre Posts: 2
    Toyota is unable to answer me so maybe someone else can...Has anyone seen a 03 Tundra with Off road package and bench seats.
  • I purchased a 2002 Tacoma Prerunner with the SR5 package, the power package, the TRD package in July. I paid $19,600. I also got the dealership to do a spray on bed liner at their cost, which turned out to be $96. I hope I did well.
    What did you pay?

Yosmany
  • mralanmralan Posts: 174
    Anyone buy a 4 cylinder autmatic regular cab prerunner? What did you pay?
  • What's the best Northern California price on a bare-bones XtraCab with an auto trans? I've checked the Edmunds/KBB price. Dealer prices are hovering around $15,800. Anything better? Thx.
  • Just bought a new 2003 Tundra Limited, Access, 2WD. leather captains chairs,towing pkg., limited slip diff., leather package, auto dimming mirror, phantom gray, in San Diego County, Calif for $26,970.
  • $23,624 Tacoma 4x4 V6 5spd; SR5pkg; TRD offroad pkg; convenience pkg; over-the-rail bedliner; bed-extender; V5 security; sunroof. St. Louis area.

I am keeping my '94 Toyota PU with 140,000 miles for my son. Second generation truck and it still runs well. No rust. Sat outside all its life.

• 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab - silver
    TRD Package
    SR5 Package
    Alarm System
    Bedliner
    AM/FM/CD player
    Floor Mats

$24,700. I think it was something like 92 bucks over invoice. Negotiated by showing him the cheapest, closest truck online, right in the dealership. Told him I'd easily take that one if he didn't give me my price.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    $23,448 including doc fees. SR5 Color Key, TRD, Sunroof, Cruise, Hitch, Rear Sliding Window, Power Pkg., Toyoguard(paint/fabric protection), Mats
  • I used to sell cars... and am on vehicle #51 for myself. Dealers reference what they will sell a vehicle for based on "how much over or under invoice"... and will rarely sell a vehicle at or under invoice, unless there's some kind of rebate offered at that time. You can see what "invoice price" is on several locations on the internet... my favorites are edmunds.com and carpoint.com. Since there are several options added to Toyotas, it will depend on which model and which options the vehicle has. It's not uncommon for me to call the lease office at a car dealer and buy the vehicle I want over the phone for $200 over invoice. There's also an "advertising fee" that's added to invoices for many manufacturers. That is part of the official invoice price. I think it was about $500 on my 2001 Prerunner, and must be added to the invoice price from edmunds and carpoint. Most dealers will actually show u the official invoice, if you insist and include that in your negotiation. The official Toyota invoice on my Prerunner was about $19,200 + $500 advertising + $200 profit, or $19,900 plus sales tax, license, etc. I hope this helps your negotiations.
  • Superglide,
    Isn't a wholesale cost the "real" amount the dealer actually pays? And how does a "holdback" work?
  • b10751b10751 Posts: 14
    2003 Toyota Tacoma 4X2 PreRunner V6 Double Cab - Silver
    Limited Package
    TRD Package
    Running Boards
    ToyoGuard
    Bedmat
    Bugshield
    Floor Mats

Price was 23,481 + tax and title.
  • Buffalonickel... In my experience, the term "invoice" is used relative to the price of new vehicles, and "wholesale" is used relative to what a dealer would pay for a used vehicle. I found this information on the Edmunds site that is a good explanation of what "holdback" is all about... http://www.new.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback/index.html

For the most part, u can forget about negotiation into the "holdback" area of the invoice... I've never found a dealer that would sell a vehicle for less than invoice.

• melc3melc3 Posts: 2
    With SR5 Package, 16" alloy wheels, roof rack, bed liner, TRD package, Convenience Package, Lunar Mist, sliding rear window with privacy glass. $21,900 + security alarm/keyless entry + tax & lic. I think this is a reasonable price for the truck I got, don't you think so?
  • Superglide

Good read on the holdback.

So the manufacturer will finance the loan to the dealer for 90 days. Considering the dealer has a whole lot full of cars that is a considerable amount of $$.

So what about all the options offered on cars these days?

My dealer states how much he wants on the sale of the vehicle and any of the options are added at cost. Example is the sunroof. We are going to install an aftermarket sunroof from a reputable installer in St. Louis. If I walked in off the street it would run around $550. My cost is what this company charges the dealer: $399. Is this common? Or do folks pay what is listed on the MSRP for the options if they are added?
  • touctouc Posts: 28
    I got this one for $500 below "invoice" and rebate of $1000. If I would have waited longer, would have got the current $1250 rebate (and 2000 for limited). Guess the final was around $24,000, but I had to finance @ 5.2% :( It was hard paying the $489 doc fee (yeah I know it was higher than other dealers)

Was this a good deal? Or did you all find better???
  • brews1brews1 Posts: 40
    I am looking to buy a 4X4 SR5 V8 Access cab in NY and the dealer told me the rebate is $750. How do I find out the different rebates being offered by Toyota? I couldn't find it on the web site.