Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

Comments

• carchaser3carchaser3 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy 2011 Prerunner 4 by 2, with SR5 package. Bottom line on MSRP was 23.909 which includes the SR5 pkg. Delivery charge is 810. Will pay cash, and have a trader but will probably sell it myself. Just found this forum and will go back thru the ,YIKES, 1080 posts, but could someone point me in the right direction. Seems the difference between the invoice and MSRP is about 1,560, or 1600+ if the SR5 package is included. TIA for any help.
  • reinholdtreinholdt Member Posts: 1
    Picked up the 2010 Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4, V6 auto, SR5 + tow package for: $26,700 on 9/25/10 in Brewer, Maine. Invoice price as I calculated it was: $25,033; add in the dealer price for SR5 ($990), + tow ($520) which meant I think they came out about $160 ahead...
    I offered 26700 as a fair price for the car and never moved, it didn't take long for them agree to it. I always ask to test drive the one that has the oldest registration sticker on the lot as I figure they're most willing to part with that one first...not sure if this helps in bargaining or not but figure it can't hurt.
  • murhahmurhah Member Posts: 1
    When you say "out the door" price, do you mean including taxes?
  • damerchdamerch Member Posts: 2
    What should I be expecting to pay for:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Crew (dbl) Cab V6 5 spd Auto Long Bed
    TRD OF (off road) with JBL incl Tow Pkg
    Day time Running Lights
    Floor Mats

So far I've been offered $30,040 (Dealer List price was 33,500)
    Is Dealer list = MSRP?

thanks
  • nasincalinasincali Member Posts: 15
    We bought the trd sport 4x4 with fe-emission,pq-trd sport extra value,rl running lights,to-tow,c-floor mats ---delivery 800.
    32774.00 window sticker
    27900.00+ tax and license and title
    then we added alarm 499.00 and 120000-8 year warranty for 1800.00
    4000 down and 450.00 payments
    thats the best we could find in San Diego area
  • jerlanejerlane Member Posts: 2
    Hey Nasincali,
    Was this an '10 or '11? Crew Cab or Access Cab?
    Thanks!
  • roll_tide_rollroll_tide_roll Member Posts: 2
    Got this deal this past week in VA:

2011 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab with
    TRD Off Road Extra Value Package
    Hood Protector
    Exhaust Tip
    Floor Mats

MSRP=$32,080 (Without Taxes)

Got it for $30,500 Out The Door
  • damerchdamerch Member Posts: 2
    By 'Out the door,' do you mean after TTL or before?

Was it a long bed?
    6 CD Factory Stereo or JBL or single CD?
    Windows Tinted?
    What is the hood protector and how much was it? Are they the vent visors for the windows and the visor for the hood?

thanks - this is good info.
  • roll_tide_rollroll_tide_roll Member Posts: 2
    The "Out the Door" price was bottom line after taxes, tags, and all that good stuff!

It was the short bed
    Has the 6 disk CD changer
    Windows are tinted
    The hood protector is like a vent visor for the hood. Protects against bugs and stuff!
    Also had aftermarket exahust tip on it!

Hope that answers some of your questions!
    it was a 2010 4 door short bed 4x4 trd sport
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Sales tax where I live is 9%. Is that what you paid?
    Tags and registration $345. Is that close to what you paid?
    sales tax line i on the sales copy says 2489.73 -think its 8.75 here in CA.
    line 2 A-D fees added up to 498.75
    Karr alarm 499.00
    8 Year 120000 mile century warranty 2150.00
    It all adds up quick. Even though our price was 27900.00
    Amount financed was 29521.48.
    with 4000 down payment .
    Turns out to be 1 expensive little truck.
    My buddy got a frontier for a lot less , but its a frontier not a tacoma....
  • jerlanejerlane Member Posts: 2
    I picked up my new Tacoma two weeks ago. I got a 2011 Double Cab, TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4, Tow Package, floor mats, daytime running light and non-JBL 6 disc changer. The sticker price was just under 32K. I got the truck for $28,262 after $500 rebate and before tax, title, and license. I'm very happy with the deal. I don't think the dealer made much on this one.
    These are expensive little trucks with not much to them.Toyota is pretty lucky people love these trucks!
    Your payments are still probably over 450.
  • jday77jday77 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with SR5 Extra Value Package and Towing Package for an out-the-door price of $27,300 in Baltimore, MD.
  • chazaschazas Member Posts: 4
    2011 Tacoma Access Cab
    V6 4WD 6-speed manual transmission
    TRD Sport and Towing packages, floor mats

$26,888 out-the-door (everything other than tax/tags), bought in Annapolis, MD at Koons Toyota
  • fishing10fishing10 Member Posts: 4
    Got an offer from dealer for 2011 Toyota Tacoma, double cab, 4X2, pre runner, short bed, SR5 value package, carpet floor mat. Base price $24,718, govt fees $164, doc fee 150, tax $2422. So, out of the door price is $27,454. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price? Thanks
  • patpatpatpatpatpat Member Posts: 3
    is it a 4cyl or 6cyl? If 4, no. If 6, OK deal.

My assessment is based on what you have provided. Be sure that you have mentioned all options.
    It is 6 cylinder. Added option is SR5 value package and floor mat. I have not purchase yet. What would be fair price to counter offer the dealer?
    http://autos.yahoo.com/toyota-truck/tacoma-4x2/2011/prerunner-double-cab-v6-auto- matic/price.html
    yahoo invoice price with your options 24193 so go up $100 over invoice
    thanks
    For 2011, Toyota introduce Tacoma, double cab, 4 cyl, 4x2 prerunner, 2.7 liter. It has good mpg 21 city/25 hwy. Has anyone test drive this vehicle?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent new truck buyers and current shoppers. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, February 28, 2011 and include your name, city and state of residence.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• patpatpatpatpatpat Member Posts: 3
    I did. It is a decent performance vehicle. The 4cyl can be whinny for some, but sufficient for folks that drive the speed limit (70mph) on highway. It will not provide that snappy acceleration like a Jeep Cherokee when passing a semi-.

I do not have any personal date on the MPG - would be happy to see 19/25

I know my style of driving and this fits me quite well.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    I feel sorry for you guys in other states. Here in South Carolina the MAXIMUM tax on any vehicle is $300. That means if you buy a 2 million dollar airplane or yacht, you pay 300. BTW, we have the school systems to prove the low taxes.
    What's a good price for a Tacoma, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, two door with two wheel drive?
    Nice to have low tax , but what do you mean schools system to prove it?
    thanks
    Lowest rated in the nation.
  • dlgibesondlgibeson Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I'm looking to buy a Regular cab or Access cab, just a two wheel drive and just wondering what "out the door" prices guys are getting right now? Where? Is it worth to buy now for a 2011 or wait for the 2012? Any scams to look out for?
    edited April 2011
    try truecar.com. I have actually been quoted around $20,000 in SC. This includes Southeastern Toyota ($600 "admin." fees), doc., title and sales tax of $300. Access cab, manual, 4 cyl. with SR5, DRL's and mats.
    Quoted price from dealer has gone up about $1,000 since I first talked with him two weeks ago. I haven't even made a counter offer yet.
    Short supply from Japan, even for trucks made in Texas, dealer owner says we'll sell everything we get anyway, etc., etc.
    Newspapers quote Toyota as saying will not be until Nov/Dec before supplies return to normal. This includes parts made in Japan to go on cars and trucks made in USA.
    I would go in and offer what you were at the beginning .Or what you are able to pay . Our Toyota dealer has a ton of Tacomas just lined up and it seems to be the same 20 everyday I drive by there on my way to work.
    They will sale you one !
    edited April 2011
    Ended up paying 16,512 plus Tax (300), title (49) and dealer fees of 289. Access cab, man., SR5, 4 cyl. So far, I am liking the truck.
  • brewcrewbrewcrew Member Posts: 2
    The Fitzmall Toyota dealership in MD will sell me a 2011, double cab, 4x4, long bed, sport edition, jbl,..... for invoice less $229. Per the pricing page, the MSRP would be $32,600 and the invoice is $30,375 putting my price at just over $30k. Good deal or are there other dealers that will go lower? This truck with the options I want would have to ordered as apparently there normally aren't any 4x4 long beds with the JBL option.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter seeks to interview someone who recently bought a new compact truck. Please email pr@edmunds.com with the make and model, and your daytime contact info no later than 5pm Eastern Friday, September 2, 2011.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kreuzerkreuzer Member Posts: 131
    a single cab Tacoma asked if the truck can be fitted with a bench seat? Does the automatic gear shift come on the console or the steering column? I would prefer on the steering column to allow more room when carrying 3 people. What do others think? I do not want an access or double cab, but would like a normal bench seat with the shifter on the column. Thanks for any replies or opinions.
  • hybrid93hatchhybrid93hatch Member Posts: 35
    Hi,
    I have recently become very interested in the Toyota Tacoma's. I remember seeing 0% for Camry's late last year. Have the Tacoma's ever seen finance specials as good? If it matters I am intersted in a Crew Cab, not sure if I4 or V6 at this time. Thank you.
    Toyota never has good deals on the Tacoma because they sell themselves.
    I went to a credit union and got 1.7 % for the full loan for 60 months.
    Way better than any finance Toyota will offer.
  • hybrid93hatchhybrid93hatch Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for the feedback. I may also have to take advantage of my credit union. I've seen 2.9 or 3.9% last year. Good to know I should not expect anything from Toyota. Thanks again! :shades:
  • jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    That was a GREAT deal carolinabob ..... in 2012, that same car is now at $20,727 dealer cost based on TrueCar ........ mind telling how you did it? Also, are you still liking the truck?
  • jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    I have just started the search for a 2012 Tacoma, access cab, AT, 4 cyl, SR5, radio upgrade and floor mats in southwest Georgia. Truecar is indicating a MSRP of $23, 640, invoice of $22,858 and an average market actual price of $22,383. Or, about $500 under invoice ..... has this been the experience of you other buyers out there? Just looking for the best deal and I am willing to travel to get it. Thanks in advance for any help in this process.
  • gators4gators4 Member Posts: 7
    I'm new here. I've never owned a vehicle from the Toyota family before. A couple friends have had Toyota cars & trucks and loved the heck out of them. My Fiance' and I have decided we are going to join the Toyota family. I've always loved the Toyota vehicles, ESPECIALLY Toyota Tacomas, so now it's time to buy one. (FWIW, we are getting my fiance' a Lexus IS350....what a badass car.)

So here's the deal. The Truck I'm looking at is an 07, but it has 90,000 miles. It's from a Certified Toyota dealer though and has a clean carfax and up to date on maint. & recalls. When it was bought brand new the guy paid mid 30's for it because of all the add-on's he got. It's a sweet truck, I've visited it several times now because I love it that much. It sounds weird but after hours I've went by the dealer just to admire the Truck, that's how much I like her. What keeps me leaving without it is that it's hard to pay $20,000 for a truck with 90,000 miles...no matter how nice it is.

So, what's your opinions of the truck...Would you buy it? Advice on if I should ask for them to do anything to the truck before I buy it?(The tires are pretty bad, btw...would need new ones soon). Also, what should I try to get them down to? I don't want to low-ball them...so where should I start at?(I haven't made an offer yet...just "talked")

Sorry for all the rambling.

Here's the truck:

http://www.royalsouthtoyota.com/vehicle-details/2007-toyota-tacoma--bloomington-- in-id-2937700
    IMO
    I would keep searching . These trucks are for sale everywhere and with less miles !
    You can put rims and tires on any truck for a couple grand and you said this one needs tires anyway.Also you said its certified. That means the warranty only has 10000 miles left if its at 90000 already .
    I would look for one with about 50000 miles less for that price or close that wont need tires .
  • galvdudegalvdude Member Posts: 7
    They seem pretty proud of this truck, but then Tacomas don't seem to depreciate as quickly as many vehicles. Probably a combination of earned reputation and expected reputation. Yes, nearly 93,000 miles is high for a average 2007 and the price takes a hit when using Edmunds to price the vehicle. Can't seem to include all the options listed to price it, so you would have to use your own judgement when adding on for the extras.

While this truck does have high mileage, you are also buying many options on it that make it worth more than a normal base Tacoma. If you just want a vehicle to go from point A to point B and last for 300,000 miles, I'd say to get new equipped with the minimum options you need. If you need everything this vehicle has, you might look around some for one with lower mileage, but just expect to pay more. The thing to remember on used is you'll never know for sure how it was driven and the variety/options available at any given time will be limited.

If you are determined to purchase this vehicle, I notice they offer a selection to get their "e-price" on it. Normally that is lower than the advetised price, so that means they have wiggle room. Check out any tips Edmunds has for negotiating a lower price. IMO, any dealership will normally have a minimum $2,000 asking price above what they paid for it. Part of this is to cover reconditioning and advertising. Don't be wowed by the certification they mention. It's not Toyota's certified warranty because the truck has too many miles and/or is too old to qualify. Basically, they sent it through their service department to check it out and fix what they needed to fix (and I'm betting they took into account it needed brakes when they bought it) in order to sell it on their Toyota dealership lot versus it being sold at Honest Joe's used car lot.

Negotiating points in your favor I can come up with are. 1. It's not snow or hunting season so demand for a 4x4 may be lower and the truck will be sitting on their lot longer if they choose not to sell it to you for the price you are proposing. 2. It has high miles. Anything made by man can break down. Some Toyotas really don't run into the 200,000 mile realm without significant issues (remember it is used and the carfax history shows little maintenance. Maybe they have some other records on it?) 3. Tires are expensive. Yes there's enough tread to drive it off the lot and probably through the summer, but by the time winter gets here, the truck won't be going anywhere much without new tires. Even for "clean" condition, Edmunds states near new tires.

Your weak point is that you want that truck, and they may know it by your repeated trips to visit it. You will be in a battle for your money. They will want to win, and will try to wear you down. They have plenty of time to try to do that. Do you? Get their e-price. Decide what ypu can live with on price/tires, etc. Then when you make an offer, make it lower than what you'll actually be willing to pay (i'd start about $750 lower). Expect lots of back and forth with the sales manager being "the bad guy". Stick to your price for a while but then be willing to give in some, bit by bit, up to your maximum if needed. But at some point, be willing and able to walk out. Sure, there will never be another used truck exactly like that one. But that doesn't mean you need to spend more than you can afford or think it's worth on it. If the sales people can get even a small victory by getting you up several hundred dollars from where you started and they still make some money (which they are entitled to do), they can feel like they have won, and that is very important to their egos. And expect to have every trick in the book used to convince you to pay their price. Also, the better armed you are with factual information, the better off you will be in negotiations. Like if you can prove to them a statistic that shows something like only 85% of Tacomas are still on the road after 200,000 miles whiile 90% of Ford trucks are. Something like that would be able to shoot holes in their reliabilty argument when you bring up the high mileage on the truck.

That's the end of my ramblings. Good luck.
    Thanks for the responses guys. About the e-price. I went ahead and filled it out to see what it would tell me. It came back with $22,000...2 grand more then the "advertised" price. So I called them up today and they did the "$19,999 is the lowest we can go" thing. So I told them I would come in to negotiate. They told me not a penny lower then $19,999 and that they will have a tent sale in 2 weeks and at the tent sale they will ask $23,000 for it, but that the Truck probably will be sold my this Monday anyways because everyone wants it. So I said Later and left.

I really really really want this Truck. I've made it known. I drool over it every time I see it. I just can't spend the $20,000 on 93,000 miles. Not when I could get a Dodge Ram 1500 with 75,000 miles in Excellent Condition for $12,000. Obviously, i don't want a Ram. I'm just saying. Plus, it's not like my current vehicle is in bad shape.

I'm going to be moving back to Florida soon. I think I'll hold off and look for something when I get back down there. Plus, no Snow and Salt on the roads. I've heard these Trucks up here have been known to rust pretty easily because of the Winters. I might be able to haggle more in Florida anyways since over 10% of Floridians don't have a job.

So, you guys think about 50,000 miles is the most I should go for on used vehicles? I've also heard that 2009 and up is the best years to get. Is this true? I think I'm going to have to go used. When I build my Toyota on Toyota.com it comes out to $30,000. That's not something I can afford. At least not right now.
  • rjpmalibuvlxrjpmalibuvlx Member Posts: 1
    I'd pass on that truck. I've seen 2009's available with much lower mileage for about the same money. Heck, my lease is ending this month..... 2009 double cab, V6 auto with TRD and 40,000 miles and I figure it's only worth about $20k....so just buy mine before I hand it back and get a new one :)
  • popsavalonpopsavalon Member Posts: 231
    Keep looking, I looked for 6 months and finally found a one owner 2006 double cab SR-5, Prerunner V-6, 2 wheel drive, automatic, and all options, 40K miles with a set of new Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts for $17800-. The owner wanted a bigger truck! It's a southern rust free truck to boot.

I was just driving down a local road one day and there it was with a "for Sale" sign!
    Yeah I decided to pass on it. I might get a Crewmax Tundra. I drove one and really liked it. The extra cabin room would be nice. But not sure. I've found a couple 08's-09's for 22ish so they aren't much more then the Taco.

BUT.....Fiance wants the Taco. Women...Ahhh.

What do you guys think?
  • 95v6tacoma95v6tacoma Member Posts: 1
    I am seriously looking at buying a 95 V6 tacoma with the ext cab. It has AC and cruise with 187k miles on it. Buying for $4500. Is this a good buy? Thank you
  • cjdalcjdal Member Posts: 9
    Looking to buy a 2012 Double Cab 4x4 V6 long bed Tacoma truck. Options we're looking at include:
    display audio (MSRP $1930)
    TRD Sport Upgrade (MSRP $3975)
    Daytime running lights ($40)
    V6 Tow Package ($650)
    carpet mats ($195)

Total MSRP is $35,685.
    So far we've got a local dealer to go for $32,535 (there is also a $500 incentive bringing us to $32,035.

Any other price points out there? Better deals?