Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Yes. Very.
    No, 0% for 36, no special on 72.
    All at least up here in Boston area.
    Go to their site and click on "Find Local Specials."
    Good luck.
  • Can anyone provide the name of a good reputable dealer in SW states (Arizona, Texas)? I want to purchase a 2003 to 2005 Tacoma.

Thanks!
  • dobiusdobius Posts: 4
    My husband and I went shopping today Central NY area, and are looking at the 08 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Double Cab with the SR5 Pkg. # 2. It invoices at 26,078. Since the dealer tells you what the invoice price is, and and everybody says just give them 300 over invoice, then negotiating a price just got pretty easy. Too good to be true! So with an invoice like this what would be a good starting bid? You know there's other hidden fees. We don't want to dicker for hours with them, we want the vehicle, but would like to know what others are paying for this same vehicle. Anybody out there bought one of these???
  • Can you tell me the name and location of the dealership. I would really appreciate it. thanks.
  • Nothing wrong with $300 over. These are invoice and/or near invoice trucks. Offer 'em $500 back of invoice and when they counter at invoice or $100 over, sign the papers and drive home in your new truck.
  • Just got an '08 Access Cab Auto 4x4 Rugged Terrain TRD (black wheels, fenders, etc) + Tow Package and upgraded stereo for $27,690 OTD (tax is 7% in my county). MSRP was: $29,430. There was a $1,000 Toyota rebate.

Local dealer - Cherokee County Toyota, Canton, GA.

Nice people although wanted to run my SSN (supposedly to make sure I wasn't a terrorist) even though I was paying cash.

The deal was OK the first shot but actually had walked away with no deal until they rang me the next morning agreeing to the deal. Their first offer was about $2,000 higher, then came to $1,000, then what we agreed upon the next morning. I had done my research but still ended up paying $500 more than I had planned - although I don't believe it could have gotten better anyway. Jim Barkley in Asheville, NC would only do it for $500 more and I would have had to drive 150 miles

All trucks there come with a booklet of discounts including first two oil changes free. Value supposedly $600 if you use them all.
  • esp4p3esp4p3 Posts: 1
    I just bought a double cab prerunner, V6, Auto, 2WD short bed with the base SR5 package (SL). I paid $22,700 or 100 over invoice and came out at about 25k OTD. I opted for the 2.9% financing instead of the rebate. I am in southern cal, do you think I got a decent deal? I was talking to a friend who bought a similar tacoma except he got 4WD with the off road package for 27k OTD. It seems he got a great deal and made me feel like I could have done better if I tried.
  • $100 over & 2.9% on a Taco... you got a good deal! Don't worry what your friend says, you did great.

Enjoy the truck, now.
  • bobadbobad Posts: 1,587
    I concur esp4p3 got a good deal.

I took the rebate, got mine for $88 over invoice. What do you know, the tightwads wouldn't give me 2.9% financing! Ended up getting 6.1% at a local bank. Oh well, can't win them all. Toyota thinks they hold all the cards, because they do.
  • hermannhermann Posts: 38
    Whats a good price on this truck in the KC area. It is a SR5 with SR5 option package #2 and mats, ect. Dealer is including Toyota running boards/steps. His first offer is $18500. Is there more room..

Thanks in advance.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    The Nissan Frontier Double (crew) cab long bed 4wd: pwr, sprayed bedliner,hitch, rail system and sliding bed extender MSRP 28000 is going for $23500 (4500 off)

The Honda Pilot awd MSRP around 30000 has been selling for 7000 off for several months now.

Honda Ridgeline pickup RTX awd: Well optioned Msrp $29000 Has been selling for 22k and change (6500+ off) for several months.

The Toyota 4runner msrp 33k generally sells for about 7000 off msrp around july august.

All the other manufacturers have accelerated their normal discounts for the 20 mpg trucks/suvs by about 4-5months.

Gas is high and the economy is flat so keep some perspective when the Tacoma dealer starts with the BS.

A 7yr/100 kmi extended factory warranty for vehicles like this should be about $1000, so keep it real there too and don't buy it for $2000 in the finance office.

Happy Huntin'
    --jjf
    If the SR5 option package 2 is for power windows, locks etc, you would could probably get a Nissan Frontier 4cyl like it with running boards for 16,500 or an automatic for 17500.

Personally when I test drove them I thought the base Nissan was better built but this is an individual thing. If no big movement on the 18500 I would definitely explore the Frontier XE.

You may be able to get an optioned Frontier SE V6 extended cab 2wd with automatic,alloys and rails for $19000, which of course is much more truck than the base Tacoma or Frontier, and about the same mileage.

Good luck
    --jjf

Whats a good price on this truck in the KC area. It is a SR5 with SR5 option package #2 and mats, ect. Dealer is including Toyota running boards/steps. His first offer is $18500. Is there more room..

Thanks in advance.
  • doabbsdoabbs Posts: 1
    Looking for the best place to get a 2008 4WD Acc cab or Reg cab Taco in NH.
  • tug_slugtug_slug Posts: 3
    I live in Colorado and am thinking about purchasing a 2008 4x4 Tacoma access cab. This truck doesnt have to have all the bells and whistles Im just looking to get a reliable vehicle and not get raped by the dealership in the process.

I went to a dealership today and they wanted to sell me one for $23,900.00. Im glad I didnt bite, it looks like I would have paid about $1700.00 to much. I want to go into the dealership with a realistic number and I was wondering what how much over invoice some of the members of this forum paid for their Tacoma's?

Thanks

Tug
    An 07 toyota access cab like you describe with power accessories and a few options wholesales used with average miles for about $17000. For a new 08 your target would be about 21000. A Nissan frontier extended cab is easily doable for less than this.

A comparable 08 dodge dakota club cab with options is probably $17000-18000 or so with a lifetime powertrain warranty.

The 20mpg trucks have sold with such heavy hidden and advertised incentives for the last few years above or below invoice doesn't mean much anymore. The economy is flat and gas is headed for $4.00 so even in 4wd heavy mountains tell our dealer to keep it real.

Good Luck
    --jjf

live in Colorado and am thinking about purchasing a 2008 4x4 Tacoma access cab. This truck doesnt have to have all the bells and whistles Im just looking to get a reliable vehicle and not get raped by the dealership in the process.

I went to a dealership today and they wanted to sell me one for $23,900.00. Im glad I didnt bite, it looks like I would have paid about $1700.00 to much. I want to go into the dealership with a realistic number and I was wondering what how much over invoice some of the members of this forum paid for their Tacoma's?

Thanks

Tug
  • got_beergot_beer Posts: 1
    Bought one in Gwinnett GA. Black Tow package Running boards, SR # 2 package. Price was 24500 OTD. I was so focused on the price of the truck the "snuck" in a 700$ doc fee and more BS charges. I asked about that..of course they told me it was standard. I should of got up and walked out.

Im so up set at that, my wife says to let it go. Well I have to now
  • tug_slugtug_slug Posts: 3
    I just received two offers from two different dealerships their both pretty much the same.

These quotes are for a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 access cab V6 manual transmission. Ones for a basic truck the others for one with the TRD off road package.

Here's the email from one of them...

Dan,
    I can sell the base red model for $21,421 after rebate, plus tax and dealer handling.
    The off-road red for $25,279 after rebate, plus tax and 399 dealer handling.
    thanks again.......Larry

What I'd like to do is get them to drop that $399.00 dealer handling fee but I don't know if thats going to be possible.
  • I have been offered a Tacoma regular cab 4x2 automatic w/ the enhancement package and mats for 16,276 minus 1750 rebate plus $300 doc fee. what do you all think of this price can it go lower or should i take it.
    Look up the wholesale value of your vehicle used 07 with 14000 (avg) miles on it on nada.com and kbb.com. Add about 20 percent or so to that price for a target on a new 08. Hit 10 dealers via email last week of the month for bids and get as close to that target as possible or better.

I have been offered a Tacoma regular cab 4x2 automatic w/ the enhancement package and mats for 16,276 minus 1750 rebate plus $300 doc fee. what do you all think of this price can it go lower or should i take it.
  • Has anyone purchased a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 recently? I'm in the market and would like to see some deal numbers. I requested quotes from several dealerships in the Portland area and most of my quotes were for $1200 to $1500 OVER invoice (before the $500 factory incentive).

I see Toyota's numbers are down, like many other OEMs, but my price quotes just don't reflect it. I expected to be under invoice WITH the $500 incentive, but it doesn't look like it.

Thanks.
  • quickreplyquickreply Posts: 30
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Portland dealer. Someone who doesn't mess around and just quotes the bottom dollar price? I know Wilsonville Toyota is around, but their prices are pretty high relative to invoice.

What have you been picking up your Tacomas for recently??

Thanks.
    Read my posts from the last few months in this forum. Look up the price used of your Tacoma on kbb.com and nada.com for a used 07 vehicle, with 14000 miles on it. Add about 20% to the used wholesale 07 price for your max or near max price on a new 08 one with dest and dealer fees. Don't be surprised if a 30000msrp new 08 wholesales used for about 20000 in its 07 version. In that case you want about 6000-7000 off the new one.

A 27000 msrp nissan crew cab se 4wd with full pwr, auto and hitch will probably be around 21000-22000 or even less. The 08 29000 msrp Honda Ridgeline RTX well equipped goes for 21xxx all day long. The dodge ram 39000 1500 full size goes for 13000 off msrp for a mediocre deal.

Good luck
    --jjf

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Portland dealer. Someone who doesn't mess around and just quotes the bottom dollar price? I know Wilsonville Toyota is around, but their prices are pretty high relative to invoice.

What have you been picking up your Tacomas for recently??

Thanks.
  • kingnhkingnh Posts: 4
    Purchased a new 08 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 Long Bed 2.5 weeks ago:
    SR5
    Tow Package
    Limited Slip
    Alloy Wheels
    6 CD Changer
    Spare Tire Lock
    Floor Mats

$27000 OTD, MSRP was 30,200 or so

Took the 0% financing instead of rebate. No money down, financed 27k even and drove home in my new toyota. That is all fees, paperwork, this, that, those, and taxes (no taxes in my state). Still haven't shelled out a penny out of my pocket - just received 1st bill which is not due until June. Seemed like a good price to me.... ????

According to the #s the dealerships (contacted 18 of them and those that gave #s were the same) that was basically a few bucks over "invoice" minus holdback ($522). Edmunds and CP #'s had base invoice as more than what the dealers' said, but dealers had advertising fee, gas, and financial reserve added in to their "cost". So who knows what the heck invoice or cost really was. In the end, i dont think I can complain about that price. Most of the dealers I contacted told me politely to go to he## and take the 27k and didnt believe I had an offer for that much. But I did get the 2 closest to me to match eachother so I bought local.

It did have 98 miles when I got it - they had to locate it and drive it from another state.

Went back last week and added soft Tonneau, running boards (the tube step ones), cargo divider (although it doesnt fit with the tonneau !@#$ they never told me that), and a trailer hitch/ball for another $950ish. I messed that up, should have included them in the purchase and I could have financed them at 0% as well (and maybe gotten a better deal on them).

Oh, I also got 2 free oil changes thrown in as well. Buggers wouldn't give me a hat though! 2 plastic coffee mugs, but no free hat. Not gonna use the mugs, but I would have worn the hat - oh well, there goes their free advertising. (no stupid dealer add sticker on the back of the truck either btw)
    If your 0% financing is for 5 or 6 years you got a pretty darn good deal, around 24000 or less for the truck.

Yes the dealers truly hate you soliciting competitive bids from 10-20 dealers and putting them against one another (especially last week of the month). Of course all other offers are "insane". They want you to come into the dealership blind, (preferably with two upset toddlers) and give you their precious vehicle for 27500, financed at 6.0% for 7 years. Which is of course close to "cost". (They have to keep the lights on somehow, don't they?) And you may have got the hat.

Good luck

--jjf
  • mattz88mattz88 Posts: 9
    Hello

For anyone that is getting a hard time from Toyota in terms of the Toyota Tacoma Frames rusting out please try this website The Center for Auto Safety It has alot of valuable information on it and you can file a complaint if you wish. Another website is Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation file a complaint and they will start investigating your complaint. Hopefully this can help alot get many of these defective vehicles off the road and correct corporate irresponsibility.
    Thanks
    http://www.allworldauto.com/comments/TOYOTA_TACOMA_comments_and_complaints_202-2- - 109-4.html
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/slideshow/news/15876993/detail.html
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/investigative/15879699/detail.html
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/15877183/detail.html
    http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/toyota-offers-to-buy-back-rusty-tacom- - as/
  • gr8rotarygr8rotary Posts: 7
    I was at a dealer in update NY last night getting the hard sell, and I told the salesman I would settle for $300 over invoice. He whined that he needed to make "some" money on the deal, but as i went out to drive the truck, he went to talk to the boss. When I came back he said they could do $300 over. The numbers he showed me (for a 2008 access cab with TRD offroad, upgrade stereo, tow package, and floor mats). MSRP was $29,410.00 Base price of $23,990, options of $4,744, and $675 destination. When it came to "invoice" they added in TDA for $500 bucks (advertising), gas $10 bucks, Dealer Holdback, $478, and Wholesale Financial Reserve $298 or so. Has anyone ever seen these type of costs passed thru before? I'm sorta new to this forum and apologize if it's been addressed before. But I was about to tell the guy he was full of crap. Just want to see if this is all normal. I thought holdback came from Toyota, I'm a bit PO'd that they are trying to pad the invoice with it. So anyway, they would be happy to let the truck go for $27,272... which with their math is $300 over "invoice".
    Check out my message 4681 in the Hyundai Sonata forum. Also check out my messages on the chevy silverado, nissan Frontier and dodge ram 1500 prices paid forum. Also review the last 20 or so messages on this board. Get 10-20 + competitive bids towards end of month and see who bids lowest (prices inclusive of all fees sans tax)

A 2008 Nissan Frontier Double cab 4wd is a 22000 vehicle sale (27000+ msrp), (A bit more for the long bed and rarer nismo (their trd) package) Their access cab is probably 1800 less than that. The excellent Honda Ridgeline RTX awd msrp 29000 double cab is a 22000 sale all day long although possibly not satisfactory if you need serious 4wd. Prices including everything except tax and title.

Telling you theirs is the lowest price, ad fees, dealers wife alimony fee, fresh air fee, salesmen being full of crap.... yes its all normal, especially if you were just a walk in. Do 97% of your work by email and phone last week of the month. If your vehicle wholesales used 07 for about 20000 (kbb.com, nada.com) with avg miles your target is 20% or so over that used price for a new 08, I'm assuming about 24000 and change.

Toyota's usually able to hold out harder than most for some reason, but even they can't withstand 4.00 gas.

Good Luck
    --jjf
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Posts: 425
    Holdback and WFR are indeed part of the total invoice. If you were to build your truck via Edmund's or KBB, the invoice price you would arrive at factors in the HB and WFR, they're just not itemized like you see on the dealer's computer screen.

For Toyota:
    Holdback = 2% of the BASE MSRP.
    WFR = 1% of the BASE MSRP.

Based on your truck's base MSRP of $23,990, HB = $480; WFR = $240.

TDA is a regional ad fee and it does vary by region, but I can tell you that it is a non-profit item for Toyota. Most third-party website like Edmund's and KBB do not keep track of this fee. Without seeing the invoice, my guess is it's right around $300 (~ 1.25% of the base MSRP).
  • quickreplyquickreply Posts: 30
    Yes, it sound legit. And $300 over invoice is what the dealers do around here (Portland, OR). Don't forget there are incentives out there that vary by region, so there may be some additional money coming. For example, in Portland, it's $500 off 4x4 Tacoma's, so I'm looking at $200 under invoice after it's all said and done.

Check your incentives at Edmunds.com in the new car section.

Good luck.
  • golfguy1golfguy1 Posts: 4
    Looking for the best price in NC or GA for this vehicle TRD sports package, towing package, alloy wheels. Looking for out the door price. Please breakdown by price, destination tag title, and tax.

Thanks