Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• richmich2richmich2 Posts: 1
    We paid $26,000. This included the doc. prep fees (which I hate paying). It had 2000 miles on it, but was toyota certified and came with an extended drive train warranty to 100,000mi. Yes, we did check carfax and it has a clean bill of health.

Our truck has:
    step side
    chrome step up bars
    bedliner
    automatic
    extended cab
    convience package
    offroad package
    weather package
    captains chairs
    extended warranty
    tow package
    upgraded stereo system
    (all options except leather and automatice dimmer on rearview mirror)

No tax in our state. 3.29% interest rate through the dealer.
  • stargazer6stargazer6 Posts: 1
    Bought my Tacoma in Northern Virginia on May 22nd 2003.

V6 PreRunner (4x2) Double Cab
    4 spd Automatic
    CL - Cruise Control
    PP - Power Package
    OF- TRD Off-Road
    WR - Rear Sliding Window
    IX - SR5 w/ Color Keyed Package
    CF - 4pc Carpet Mats
    BL - Over the Rail Bedliner
    Freight Charge of $510

Paid $20,987 (including Freight) + Tax, Tags, & $225 Processing Fee

Out the Door @ 21,896.99. Thought the price was fair, but I couldn't avoid the steep processing fee.

There is ample room in the back seat for both kid's car seats.
  • latrucha1latrucha1 Posts: 1
    2003 Dcab V6 SR5 with roof rack, convience package,tow pkg, bed extender, mats, etc for 20,900 (includes rebates)
    However, I have had a problem with service at the dealership and while I got a good price I financed through my bank,b/c the dealership tried to screw me on the backend. I live in TX so the darn taxes are high total price 22,400 not bad.
  • jogle3jogle3 Posts: 1
    Lots of trucks to choose from at the dealer. I just bought a loaded 2003 "black" Prerunner V6. Has the TRD package, mats etc. I paid $19,624 + tax & License and the $45.00 fee the dealer adds for me to sit in the chair to sign the papers. This includes the $1,000 back from Toyota. This was in San Francisco. I thought it was a pretty good price. Great truck!
  • teddytvteddytv Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new Double Cab 4x4.

SR5 color-key pkg.
    Convenience pkg.
    Wheel & Tire upgrade
    Alloy wheels
    Chrome tube steps
    Bed liner
    Bed extender
    Rear seat cargo net
    Floor mats
    Black

Out the door at $24,700

Dealer said this was at cost for them, does that sound right?
  • Xtra cab 4x2 four cylinder.
    SR5 LX - trim level
    WR - Sliding rear window
    SV - Styled steel wheels
    CR - Floor mats

MSRP = 17,00x (Edmunds 16,925 w/o mats)
    "Invoice" = 15,465 (plus some for mats)
    TMV = 15,758 (plus some for mats)

Paid = 15,200
    With tax, license and fees = 16,621
    Out the door after 1000 rebate = 15,621

I'm not sure if this is good or not, perhaps it will help others in negotiating. Just when did Toyota start giving money back? Don't remember them being so "extravagant" when I got my '92 late in '91...

wavzrider
  • tcasboytcasboy Posts: 214
    Looks to me like you got the truck for $265 under invoice, which is a great deal IMHO. Enjoy the new ride! Anybody out there bought a new Tundra yet? If so please let us know what type of deals are out there right now. Thanks.
  • Xtra cab 4x2 four cylinder.
    SR5 LX - trim level
    WR - Sliding rear window
    SV - Styled steel wheels
    CR - Floor mats

MSRP = 17,00x (Edmunds 16,925 w/o mats)
    "Invoice" = 15,465 (plus some for mats)
    TMV = 15,758 (plus some for mats)

Paid = 15,200
    With tax, license and fees = 16,621
    Out the door after 1000 rebate = 15,621

I'm not sure if this is good or not, perhaps it will help others in negotiating. Just when did Toyota start giving money back? Don't remember them being so "extravagant" when I got my '92 late in '91...

wavzrider
  • I got my starting point via an internet offer through Longo Toyota, which is in Long Beach California. Then I emailed closer dealers or called their fleet sales person and asked them to beat the price. I may have been able to squeeze a bit more closer to the end of the month.

Good luck!

wavzrider
  • Wayzrider, I'm in the market for a 2003 Tacoma & live in the Sacramento area. Curious where you live & where you purchased yours.
  • Wayzrider, I'm in the market for a 2003 Tacoma & live in the Sacramento area. Curious where you live & where you purchased yours.
  • I'm in Santa Cruz, got the truck in Gilroy. I got my Longo quote and started hunting for lower prices in my area via fleet/internet sales people. I find them much easier since they don't have to "run it by the boss" or whatever the rigamaroll is. They seem to have a clearer idea of how low they can go...

They should be frantic to sell as the month runs down and the $1000 rebate runs its course. Unless they extend it. ;-)

Good luck, hope you get a great deal!

=wr=
  • Got my quote from Longos & now am looking for exactly the right model. The Northern California Toyota site is a pain, so I've been searching through whatever dealerships have inventory on the web. Also, disappointed to find out that the $1000 rebate doesn't apply to doublecabs. Looking to buy an impulse red v6 doublecab.
  • alkoalko Posts: 13
    I bought 2 new toyotas during last 1.5 years
    (2002 Tacoma PreRunner & 2003 Corolla LE).
    In both cases paid invoice prices.

It took about an hour for the Dealer to get down from MSRP to invoice and was not very hard really. Just stick to your guns and make sure the dealer understands that you can walk away at any time. All attempts to negotiate below invoice have failed though.

My advice - do not pay a penny above invoice!
    They already have the dealer holdback + factory-to-dealer discount + advertising fee + other crap.
    Plus they will "milk" you in the future on maintenance and repairs...
  • Just bought a 2004 Tacoma V6 xtra cab 4x4 5 spd, TRD. MSRP $24,562. Paid $22,000 (after $500 rebate) + tax, etc. Bought from Camelback Toyota in Phoenix, AZ. I was very pleased with my experience. I live in Las Vegas, and after the dealers here wouldn't back off of their $1,500 over invoice + $700 doc fee (I think half of this was for VIN etching that I was not interest in), I began looking outside of LV. Saved enough to pay for my girlfriend and myself to fly and drive back (and some!). We were at the dealership for maybe 20 minutes. I showed up with check in hand, signed the paperwork and drove away. No BS from the finance dept., no trying to sell me extended warranties. The internet/fleet department was awesome to work with...on the first phone call, the salesperson faxed me the invoice of my truck (which was also the sales price). We are considering buying a Highlander in the near future...will definitely bypass the local doc-fee-happy dealers here and go elsewhere. BTW, could have done a little on price in So. California due to $1000 rebate, but wanted to go to AZ for personal reasons (to visit friends).
  • i am looking for 2003 toyota tacoma.
    double cap v6 4x4 with of road pkg, ix pkg cq pkg and floor mats. they asking for $22999.00 plus tax and tilte.
    i offer them 22k out the door.
    it is good enough or too low for them.
    i live in columbus, ohio
    thanks
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    I'm considering a purchase of a Tacoma Prerunner V6 crew cab 2WD and am amazed at how they hold their value. I just priced a Prerunner V6 2WD crew cab with no options:

2004 $18300 TMV
    2003 $18021 12K miles, certified, gold color
    2002 $17108 24K miles, certified, gold color
    2001 $16447 36K miles, certified, gold color

Why even buy a used Tacoma when for just a little more you can get a new one? Yeah, I know Toyotas rep. for reliability (I'm a Honda man myself), but even a 2-3 yr old vehicle will soon need a fair amount of maint.
  • sc0rpi0sc0rpi0 Posts: 897
    Figure out the invoice price of the truck with all packages. Then give 3% on top of that (dealer has 2% holdback so they make 2% on every truck even if they sell it for invoice.) for 5% profit for dealer. This is the price you offer to the dealer, and then you add all applicable rebates.
    Thats what I did, and I bought my 2002 (in Dec 2001) for 21.4 (SR5, TRD, V6 5spd) when MSRP for it was well over 23K.
  • ceejayceejay Posts: 2
    Lunar Mist with V6 Auto, DCab, TRD, SR5, floor mats, power doors/windows, spray-on bedliner, bed extender for $21998 + tax/fees.

I went back and forth w/3-4 dealers. I'll purchase future vehicles through the Internet from now on. The whole process was so easy.
  • I'm looking for a 2004 V6 PreRunner with SR5 and power packages, and I live near the Camarillo, CA area. I'd prefer to start the deal through the Internet, but the dealerships in the area seem to be linked, the Web sites are generic, and they don't lead me to Internet contacts.

Am I missing something? Has anyone had a good experience buying through the Internet in the Camarillo, Ventura, Thousand Oaks areas? Or, maybe a fleet dealer in the Los Angeles or Ventura counties?