Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Looking to buy 2011 Prerunner 4 by 2, with SR5 package. Bottom line on MSRP was 23.909 which includes the SR5 pkg. Delivery charge is 810. Will pay cash, and have a trader but will probably sell it myself. Just found this forum and will go back thru the ,YIKES, 1080 posts, but could someone point me in the right direction. Seems the difference between the invoice and MSRP is about 1,560, or 1600+ if the SR5 package is included. TIA for any help.
  • Picked up the 2010 Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4, V6 auto, SR5 + tow package for: $26,700 on 9/25/10 in Brewer, Maine. Invoice price as I calculated it was: $25,033; add in the dealer price for SR5 ($990), + tow ($520) which meant I think they came out about $160 ahead...
    I offered 26700 as a fair price for the car and never moved, it didn't take long for them agree to it. I always ask to test drive the one that has the oldest registration sticker on the lot as I figure they're most willing to part with that one first...not sure if this helps in bargaining or not but figure it can't hurt.
  • murhahmurhah Posts: 1
    When you say "out the door" price, do you mean including taxes?
  • What should I be expecting to pay for:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Crew (dbl) Cab V6 5 spd Auto Long Bed
    TRD OF (off road) with JBL incl Tow Pkg
    Day time Running Lights
    Floor Mats

So far I've been offered $30,040 (Dealer List price was 33,500)
    Is Dealer list = MSRP?

thanks
  • We bought the trd sport 4x4 with fe-emission,pq-trd sport extra value,rl running lights,to-tow,c-floor mats ---delivery 800.
    32774.00 window sticker
    27900.00+ tax and license and title
    then we added alarm 499.00 and 120000-8 year warranty for 1800.00
    4000 down and 450.00 payments
    thats the best we could find in San Diego area
  • Hey Nasincali,
    Was this an '10 or '11? Crew Cab or Access Cab?
    Thanks!
  • Got this deal this past week in VA:

2011 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab with
    TRD Off Road Extra Value Package
    Hood Protector
    Exhaust Tip
    Floor Mats

MSRP=$32,080 (Without Taxes)

Got it for $30,500 Out The Door
  • By 'Out the door,' do you mean after TTL or before?

Was it a long bed?
    6 CD Factory Stereo or JBL or single CD?
    Windows Tinted?
    What is the hood protector and how much was it? Are they the vent visors for the windows and the visor for the hood?

thanks - this is good info.
  • The "Out the Door" price was bottom line after taxes, tags, and all that good stuff!

It was the short bed
    Has the 6 disk CD changer
    Windows are tinted
    The hood protector is like a vent visor for the hood. Protects against bugs and stuff!
    Also had aftermarket exahust tip on it!

Hope that answers some of your questions!
  • it was a 2010 4 door short bed 4x4 trd sport
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Sales tax where I live is 9%. Is that what you paid?
    Tags and registration $345. Is that close to what you paid?
  • sales tax line i on the sales copy says 2489.73 -think its 8.75 here in CA.
    line 2 A-D fees added up to 498.75
    Karr alarm 499.00
    8 Year 120000 mile century warranty 2150.00
    It all adds up quick. Even though our price was 27900.00
    Amount financed was 29521.48.
    with 4000 down payment .
    Turns out to be 1 expensive little truck.
    My buddy got a frontier for a lot less , but its a frontier not a tacoma....
  • I picked up my new Tacoma two weeks ago. I got a 2011 Double Cab, TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4, Tow Package, floor mats, daytime running light and non-JBL 6 disc changer. The sticker price was just under 32K. I got the truck for $28,262 after $500 rebate and before tax, title, and license. I'm very happy with the deal. I don't think the dealer made much on this one.
  • These are expensive little trucks with not much to them.Toyota is pretty lucky people love these trucks!
    Your payments are still probably over 450.
  • jday77jday77 Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with SR5 Extra Value Package and Towing Package for an out-the-door price of $27,300 in Baltimore, MD.
  • 2011 Tacoma Access Cab
    V6 4WD 6-speed manual transmission
    TRD Sport and Towing packages, floor mats

$26,888 out-the-door (everything other than tax/tags), bought in Annapolis, MD at Koons Toyota
  • Got an offer from dealer for 2011 Toyota Tacoma, double cab, 4X2, pre runner, short bed, SR5 value package, carpet floor mat. Base price $24,718, govt fees $164, doc fee 150, tax $2422. So, out of the door price is $27,454. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price? Thanks
  • is it a 4cyl or 6cyl? If 4, no. If 6, OK deal.

My assessment is based on what you have provided. Be sure that you have mentioned all options.
  • It is 6 cylinder. Added option is SR5 value package and floor mat. I have not purchase yet. What would be fair price to counter offer the dealer?
  • For 2011, Toyota introduce Tacoma, double cab, 4 cyl, 4x2 prerunner, 2.7 liter. It has good mpg 21 city/25 hwy. Has anyone test drive this vehicle?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent new truck buyers and current shoppers. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, February 28, 2011 and include your name, city and state of residence.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I did. It is a decent performance vehicle. The 4cyl can be whinny for some, but sufficient for folks that drive the speed limit (70mph) on highway. It will not provide that snappy acceleration like a Jeep Cherokee when passing a semi-.

I do not have any personal date on the MPG - would be happy to see 19/25

I know my style of driving and this fits me quite well.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 509
    I feel sorry for you guys in other states. Here in South Carolina the MAXIMUM tax on any vehicle is $300. That means if you buy a 2 million dollar airplane or yacht, you pay 300. BTW, we have the school systems to prove the low taxes.
    What's a good price for a Tacoma, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, two door with two wheel drive?
  • nasincalinasincali Posts: 15
    Nice to have low tax , but what do you mean schools system to prove it?
    thanks
    Lowest rated in the nation.
  • dlgibesondlgibeson Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I'm looking to buy a Regular cab or Access cab, just a two wheel drive and just wondering what "out the door" prices guys are getting right now? Where? Is it worth to buy now for a 2011 or wait for the 2012? Any scams to look out for?
    edited April 2011
    try truecar.com. I have actually been quoted around $20,000 in SC. This includes Southeastern Toyota ($600 "admin." fees), doc., title and sales tax of $300. Access cab, manual, 4 cyl. with SR5, DRL's and mats.