Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Sales tax where I live is 9%. Is that what you paid?
    Tags and registration $345. Is that close to what you paid?
  • sales tax line i on the sales copy says 2489.73 -think its 8.75 here in CA.
    line 2 A-D fees added up to 498.75
    Karr alarm 499.00
    8 Year 120000 mile century warranty 2150.00
    It all adds up quick. Even though our price was 27900.00
    Amount financed was 29521.48.
    with 4000 down payment .
    Turns out to be 1 expensive little truck.
    My buddy got a frontier for a lot less , but its a frontier not a tacoma....
  • I picked up my new Tacoma two weeks ago. I got a 2011 Double Cab, TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4, Tow Package, floor mats, daytime running light and non-JBL 6 disc changer. The sticker price was just under 32K. I got the truck for $28,262 after $500 rebate and before tax, title, and license. I'm very happy with the deal. I don't think the dealer made much on this one.
  • These are expensive little trucks with not much to them.Toyota is pretty lucky people love these trucks!
    Your payments are still probably over 450.
  • jday77jday77 Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with SR5 Extra Value Package and Towing Package for an out-the-door price of $27,300 in Baltimore, MD.
  • 2011 Tacoma Access Cab
    V6 4WD 6-speed manual transmission
    TRD Sport and Towing packages, floor mats

$26,888 out-the-door (everything other than tax/tags), bought in Annapolis, MD at Koons Toyota
  • Got an offer from dealer for 2011 Toyota Tacoma, double cab, 4X2, pre runner, short bed, SR5 value package, carpet floor mat. Base price $24,718, govt fees $164, doc fee 150, tax $2422. So, out of the door price is $27,454. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price? Thanks
  • is it a 4cyl or 6cyl? If 4, no. If 6, OK deal.

My assessment is based on what you have provided. Be sure that you have mentioned all options.
  • It is 6 cylinder. Added option is SR5 value package and floor mat. I have not purchase yet. What would be fair price to counter offer the dealer?
  • For 2011, Toyota introduce Tacoma, double cab, 4 cyl, 4x2 prerunner, 2.7 liter. It has good mpg 21 city/25 hwy. Has anyone test drive this vehicle?
  • A reporter is interested in talking with recent new truck buyers and current shoppers. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, February 28, 2011 and include your name, city and state of residence.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I did. It is a decent performance vehicle. The 4cyl can be whinny for some, but sufficient for folks that drive the speed limit (70mph) on highway. It will not provide that snappy acceleration like a Jeep Cherokee when passing a semi-.

I do not have any personal date on the MPG - would be happy to see 19/25

I know my style of driving and this fits me quite well.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 495
    I feel sorry for you guys in other states. Here in South Carolina the MAXIMUM tax on any vehicle is $300. That means if you buy a 2 million dollar airplane or yacht, you pay 300. BTW, we have the school systems to prove the low taxes.
    What's a good price for a Tacoma, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, two door with two wheel drive?
  • nasincalinasincali Posts: 15
    Nice to have low tax , but what do you mean schools system to prove it?
    thanks
    Lowest rated in the nation.
  • dlgibesondlgibeson Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I'm looking to buy a Regular cab or Access cab, just a two wheel drive and just wondering what "out the door" prices guys are getting right now? Where? Is it worth to buy now for a 2011 or wait for the 2012? Any scams to look out for?
    edited April 2011
    try truecar.com. I have actually been quoted around $20,000 in SC. This includes Southeastern Toyota ($600 "admin." fees), doc., title and sales tax of $300. Access cab, manual, 4 cyl. with SR5, DRL's and mats.