Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

1323334353638»

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 50,575
    Memorial Day sounds like a good plan. Focusing on a particular color/option pack does limit your options a bit unless you are close to several dealers or find a dealer willing to swap with another dealer.

Aftermarket electrical stuff like remote starts can get flaky in a few years. If you go that route, check out the warranty. Typically dealer installed accessories will fall under the factory warranty but not always.

Moderator - Buying questions? Please include city or zip code and trim you are shopping, FWD or AWD, etc.

• guitarzanguitarzan OhioPosts: 711
    Thanks for the advice. The problem I learned was that the dealer remote starter shuts the vehicle off when you open the door. That is unacceptable. I'll get a premium brand and pray from here on out.
    edited May 5
    Oh no LOL! At some point Edmund's moderators changed from their nicknames that I have known since the beginning to their real names LOL. So whoever you are "Steve", if in fact that is your real name, it is also great to see the real you. You also appear exactly as I picture a car guy! :smile:
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 34,667
    guitarzan said:

Oh no LOL! At some point Edmund's moderators changed from their nicknames that I have known since the beginning to their real names LOL. So whoever you are "Steve", if in fact that is your real name, it is also great to see the real you. You also appear exactly as I picture a car guy! :smile:

I can attest that it is him .. I've had the pleasure of meeting him for breakfast a year or so back.

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

edited May 5
    More of a cheapskate than a car guy though.

You know that idling from that remote start is just going to waste gas and mark my words, you'll need electrical work done on it or the ECU in five years. :p

(@michaell, Guitarzan used to be one of us, like 20 years ago. Even before my time.)

Moderator - Buying questions? Please include city or zip code and trim you are shopping, FWD or AWD, etc.

stever said:

More of a cheapskate than a car guy though.

You know that idling from that remote start is just going to waste gas and mark my words, you'll need electrical work done on it or the ECU in five years. :p

(@michaell, Guitarzan used to be one of us, like 20 years ago. Even before my time.)

Oh, I know the user name. :smile:

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

lol, everyone here is older than dirt has been here forever.

edited May 5
    Michaell said:

I can attest that it is him .. I've had the pleasure of meeting him for breakfast a year or so back.

LOL - Yes, but him WHO? What was Stever's prior nickname? That's what I know people by hehe. I am guessing Mr. Shiftright as I think he helped with pricing advice, but most other names are now waning from my mind unfortunately.
    stever said:

Now I have no concern about gas use. I need to be warm! Are you out west? Probably don't understand :)
    The ECU is scary though. Based on your post I have read up on this and it sounds like individuals and amateurs are installing these without knowledge of what is involved. My mechanic is a genius so at least I do not have that concern. High power connections do need special treatment! Hrm...
    At one point before I was hired on as a community leader, I used my real name as my login. Then when I got mod tools, I deleted that history. For a while there I was stever@edmunds. Before that I was just "Steve", back in the Townhall days. I started in Dec. 2000 and I think you had left by then.

edited May 5
    Ah okay, thanks, I do remember you now! Wow all those posts, you have been here continuously? Wow! Very good! I had a job in 1999/2000, an extremely stressful engineering role, and I recall now leaving the community leader gig because I was going out of my mind. But I kept participating. Later on I asked about coming back but the then manager said the Town Hall was gone. The Celica forum is dead, for obvious reasons I guess, so I have not had much reason to be here these past few years. Now considering a new vehicle I will probably pop back in periodically for free advice.
    Yeah, crazy huh? And I haven't been here the longest either.

We get a lot of people who show up every three to five years - funny how that works.

• rawbombrawbomb Posts: 19
    Is toyota offering any incentives on the 2016 tacoma? I spoke with a salesmen a few days ago and he said sticker is the best they can do due to high demand. I was looking for a TRD 4x4 double cab in Miami FL.
    rawbomb said:

Is toyota offering any incentives on the 2016 tacoma? I spoke with a salesmen a few days ago and he said sticker is the best they can do due to high demand. I was looking for a TRD 4x4 double cab in Miami FL.

No incentives. These are incredibly popular vehicles.

A reporter is looking to speak with car shoppers who recently purchased a truck or SUV instead of a coupe or sedan because they were influenced (at least in part) by today's low gas prices. If this sounds like your experience and you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than May 24, 2016.