Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DVD/Entertainment Systems

Comments

• cagolocagolo Posts: 1
    Hello friend I'm PAOLO from ITALIA.
    I have a BIG PROBLEM.

I have need this DVD Player P04685932AC but I must to know if it work with EUROPEAN DVD disc.
    Do you know the AREA REGION CODE for Dvd disc?
    in Europe we are in AREA REGION CODE 2 and our DVD player are ready for disc mastered:
    PAL, AREA REGION CODE FREE or REGION CODE 2

In USA you have:
    NTSC, AREA REGION CODE 1

all I have to know is if that Player can read our format, PAL and REGION 2.
    I know that other series of this player:
    Model NO. P05094033AC
    does't work here, only work with american Disc mastered NTSC AREA 1.

Friend help me, I want to buy because I have monitor for my chrysler Voyager but please ask someone expert, in chrysler, or try yourself, insert an EUROPEAN DVD disc inside player, if it work I'm ready to.. and I will thank's for all of my live I'm sure that you know someone that can solve this problem, if you do not have, you can buy a DVD Film mastered PAL and REGION 2, anywere in a store, in internet or... I send you from ITALIA my film cause you try to see with your car sistem.
    For me it's very important.

Help me please I wait answere.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    I have a 2004 Quest with an aftermarket DVD player (installed at purchase of van by dealer). When I bought it I lived in the Lehigh Valley and now live in south central PA. The radio station that the DVD player was set for was fine when I lived in Lehigh valley but now I get some interference in my current home and some of the roads we travel. Is it possible to set DVD player to play on a different radio station? How do you go about doing this?

Unfortunately I do not have the brand name of the DVD player as there is none on the unit. Trust me I looked.

Thanks for any help.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Can you call the dealership that sold you the van and ask them who installed it for them? I bet it was outsourced to a local shop near them.
  • strandawstrandaw Posts: 1
    Not sure if you're still reading this, mendigs, but just in case...
    In your picture you have a manual for that DVD system. I have the same system in my '05 and getting it running was problematic. After a wrong remote, etc., I found the correct remote and can only listen to the movies via 88.3 on the AM. It seems silly to me that there isn't an actual mode setting (like Satellite, FM, CD, etc) for the video sound that is actually hard-wired to the speakers rather than broadcast on a single channel that may have interference. Is that anywhere in your manual? Thanks if you see this, am nervous about small kids and loud headphones.
  • uav1977uav1977 Posts: 1
    Hi, I have an '03 Chrysler T&C which came w/ the Mopar DVD rear seat video. I had to take the vehicle in to the dealer back a time ago because for unknown reasons the DVD player was powering itself up quietly :confuse: and not turning off....it would have a blinking green LED light on the dash, if I remember correctly. Bad thing of that was if I didn't go anywhere in the car for a few days, the battery would get drained. Anyway, took the van in, the dealer service center said they're not authorized to repair, only replace....for something like $400. and so I said, no, just disconnect it from the power supply and we'll do without. I'm wondering, though, if I might be able to get this fixed by someone, somewhere. Any suggestions? Any notion of why it would get 'possessed' like I described? It seems really wasteful to just leave it disconnected and unused if it might be serviceable; however, it's not my area of expertise for sure. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
  • 4sigma4sigma Posts: 1
    Russ, do you still have the RBU and would you like to sell it?
  • ereed1ereed1 Posts: 1
    I have a 05 grand caravan and need to replace the 6 disc dvd/cd player. Are any of the following interchangable with my current component - P04685908AF, P05094031AD, P04685932AC?? I think the 1st two are Pacifica systems but look very similar, just not sure on dimensions. Last one I found info that said could be used for 03 grand caravan's but could not find any further info
  • storrsstorrs Posts: 5
    I had to replace the radio in my car and bought a used daewoo system but I need the code to make it work.
    Thank You
  • That is awesome. I am in the same boat. I have a 2006 Grand Caravan SE with the REV. I already purchased the remote and Koss phones and do not want to go thru Mopar and spend $300. What type of IR Transmitter did you use? I looked on Ebay but most of those look kind of large to attach up by the screen.
  • The cleanest solution is to buy on ebay the 6cd/dvd player that has the RF transmitter built in.Part number is P04685932AC. Approx $250-400.It fits perfectly into the empty slot below your single disc DVD REV unit.You normally get the new cable with it. Then you just have to tap into the cigarette lighter for power. You need the headphones that have a SCAN button. I bought a set for $40.00 brand new ebay.Typically you get a remote with them but the remote you need is the one that came with the REV unit.You should already have that. What this allows you to do is have the passengers listening quietly to their movie while you listen to music or CD's on the single REV unit. Also, if you have more passengers then headphones available you can still revert to using the van's 4 speaker system to allow everyone to hear the movie.
  • Thanks to everyone that posted this info.

I too just bought a used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan LX with the REV DVD Entertainment System. There of course was no remote or headphones with the vehicle. My DVD screen did not have the iR device by the screen either.

I purchased a new remote from Ebay (part # 05064026AB) which works great ($12.50 plus $3.00 shipping). I purchased the wireless headphones directly from Koss (Model HB75) - $34.99 each plus shipping.

I ordered Ebay item 190153017345 (New Single Channel IR Transmitter for Wireless Headphones Connects to any RCA Source DVD Game MP3 and More Compatible with most Single Channel IR Headphones Infrared IR TX Wave High Frequency Modulation Stereo 2.3/2.8 MHz Single Channel Frequency Specifically Designed for Mobile Video Use 12V DC and RCA Stereo Audio Inputs) - $16.95 plus $6.56 shipping

My wire harness to the screen had 10 wires.
    The only difference on mine to the prior post is that my GND was GY/DB (instead of GY/DG)
    I wired it together, vecro'd the iR transmitter by the rear climate controls and it works/looks great.
    I like the feature that allows me to play an MP3 player (via AUX inputs and AUX mode) while the kids are listening to the DVD via headphones. I assumed after reading the manual that I would only be able to play AM/FM or Sirius during DVD wireless playback. Not so.

Thanks again for all the info and experiences.
  • How difficult is the IR unit to install? Does the IR unit you purchased on ebay come with specific install directions? Also, do you have the six disc changer or single disc? I have the single disc changer in a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan and want to make sure this will allow me to play a DVD and listen to the radio at the same time.

Thanks for your help!
  • The iR unit is easy. You will need some wiring/splicing/connecting experience. It will be a piece of cake for someone that has messed around with car stereos.
    The iR unit has 2 RCA female jacks (L & R),1 ground wire, and 1 power wire. You would connect:

- RCA Left and Right Negative to the DG/WT – Common
    - Ground to GY/DG – GND
    - Power to YL/GY – Hot
    - RCA Left positive to GY/OR Left
    - RCA Right positive to GY/WT Right

I do not have the 6 disc changer. From what I have read, the 6 disc changer already has the iR in it.
    I have the single disc DVD. The style is "REV"
    The "REV" is printed on mine in the lower left hand corner.

Mine will allow me to listen to AM/FM, Sirius, or an MP3 player via the RCA inputs on the front of the player while the kids listen to the wireless headphones and watch the movie. You need the remote control to make this happen.
  • I had the IR transmitter installed today in our van and you can hear the dvd sound through the main speakers as well as in headphones mode. So I feel everything is wired correctly. My problem though, we have no picture on the tv screen which we have never had this problem before installing the transmitter. Has anyone encountered this problem and would anyone know what the solution may be?

Thanks.
  • Sounds like the connector on the wire harness was not connected back to the circuit board.(or loose)

Probably the first thing would be to connect all wires the way they originally were and see if it works (with out the transmitter)

I did not encounter this problem. I do notice that about 50% of the time when playing DVD's, the screen has wavy lines scrolling veritcally (continuously). I am not sure if this was happening before, but I doubt that the IR transmitter is causing that becase it is crystal clear most of the time.
  • We connected all wires back to the way they were originally and still have no picture to the screen. Any thoughts to what the problem might be? Thanks.
  • I have an out-of-warranty Quest with all the bells and whistles including the DVD system. Recently, I inserted a disc but it won't read the movie. To make matters worse, it won't eject it either. It doesn't recognize that anything is in there. I found nothing in the owner's manual about this and the dealer service dept. had no idea what to do. They just want to charge me $100 to look at it and said I will probably have to replace it--for over $1,000! Has anyone else had this problem?
    Try resetting power to the unit, maybe by pulling the fuse? Just a guess.
  • Does anyone know if I can swap out a 2005 factory DVD system in my Dodge Caravan for a 2006 factory DVD system?

Thanks,
  • I have a stock DVD system in my suburban but Im not getting any power to the DVD player and I have no clue on what fuse to look for i have pull several fuses but still have not found the right one can anybody help?
    Make sure you replace, not just check, the fuses. Some times burned ones are very hard to see.
  • furyfanfuryfan Posts: 14
    They are interchangeable.
    I just received my RBU radio (used for 2002 thru 2006 to use wireless headphones with DVD and listen to CD/Radio over speakers) I bought over the holidays on ebay. It is in very nice shape and works great.

I bought it for my 2001 Caravan. I converted the harness to use the newer radio (2002 - 2006). I had already modified the radio/DVD harness to use a generic RF transmitter for the wireless headphones. But when this radio became available, I jumped at it. Many of you know that it is fairly difficult to find and tends to be pricey.

The kicker is that I got it for $24.99 plus $13 for shipping! Yup, $38 for a nice RBU radio!
    "Usally with these cable, the power comes from the cigarette lighter socket. The power connector on the DVD cable will fit inline between the cigarette lighter power connector and the cigarette lighter socket itself. If this does not work, you can always cut and splice the 2 wires to the cigarette lighter wire like I had to do. Be sure that you splice to the correct lighter plug though. I had two, one that turns on and off with the key and the other that stays on all of the time. You want to tap into the lighter plug that turns on and off with the key.
    Good luck.

Don't believe that is true. The power to the CD/DVD player needs to be unswitched power, otherwise it reboots itself every time you start the car (ask me how I know). Pin 1 or 7 (depending on year) of the CD/DVD player needs to be hot all the time (from factory service manual). Pin 11 is a signal from the radio that tells the player when the car is on or off.
  • Hello,
    I just picked up a 2005 Chrysler T&G Limited. It has all options including sunroof ; except DVD screen. Can I buy a used screen and place where the digital climate control is. Is it pre-wired or will I have to buy a special harness?

Thank you,

Waldo
    If you want a factory screen, there is a special kit for sunroof cars. For the non-sunroof cars, there is a new bracket that must be installed under the headliner. It is a bit of a pain to do.

The harness is not installed. You have to install it. My suggestion would be to find a correct factory kit that includes the brackets and cables.
  • Will this bracket fit in the hole the climate control switch was? I am also thinking of buying the seat-rest dvd players; what do you think of Invision brand and are they hard to install?

Thank you,

Waldo
    For the factory 05 DVD screens, you do install the factory climate control in the screen. Don't know anything about the seat-rest systems.
  • Thank you, and if you know anyone that has a screen or kit # 82208807 for sale used or a decrnt price please let me know.

Waldo
    407-341-6269
  • plo128plo128 Posts: 2
    I have a 08 Highlander and am research aftermarket overhead video.
    I commute in and out of the pot-holed/bumpy streets of manhattan.

Looking for 10"+, all-in-one-unit, good skip-resistance, 1024*600

Any recommends?