Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Me Choose!

Comments

• kreuzerkreuzer Posts: 113
    Wow, I wonder what happened to the tow capacity for the Elantras?!! I think where I got the info for the Impreza was based on the fact that it has the same engine as it's bigger cousins: Forester and Outback. I knew they were good for that.

The Sportage sounds like the way to go with the v6, anyway. I still think the Santa Fe and RAV4 will be out of my price range, although the Santa Fe would be my best bet to negotiate. Toyota won't budge on the RAV4.

Thanks again on your quick reply and info. It will help!
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,632
    It is quite possible to get a new Santa Fe around $20k, e.g. invoice on a GLS with AT and tow hitch is just over $23k, and there's a $2000 rebate now plus dealers are dealing on these. (For example, Fitzmall offers GLSes with AT for under $20k.) You might even be able to find an SE, with the superior powertrain (3.3L V6 + 5AT) for just a bit over $20k (Fitzmall's start at $21.4k). The RAV4 will be higher, but I noticed Fitzmall has new I4 RAV4s starting at just over $20.4k. But those have a towing capacity of only 1500 lbs., with the tow prep package. This is well under list, so it looks like Toyota dealers will budge on the RAV4. Toyota sales are down quite a bit this year.

I notice Subaru has pretty low lease payments on the Forester, e.g. $279 for 3 years with nothing down except acquisition fee being offered in my area. That might be another route for you.
  • kreuzerkreuzer Posts: 113
    Thanks, backy for your swift replies! I'll consider all of them. :)
  • jbbeveljbbevel Posts: 25
    Well, I've ended up going with the new 2010 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback 6 speed Manual Transmission. I decided to dump the upgraded stereo and Moonroof option... just didn't seem worth another $1200.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,063
    Has any boardie used or have experience with the no-haggle Costco buying service? I am not a Costco member yet so I was wondering:
    1) Is it worth it to buy a $50 membership? and
    2) Are the savings they promote significantly better than what I could get haggling the old fashioned way?

Furthermore, does Costco tend to recommend dealerships close to metropolitan areas or are they inclined to recommend out-of-the-way dealerships in Podunck USA?
    Any feedback is appreciated.
    I think you have to take the Costco Buying Service... on a case by case basis. I used it to buy my wife's 2007 Toyota RAV 4... brand new.... back in 07.. I could not seem to get Toyota dealer to nudge much on the prices.... ended up just going with the Costco deal.. and did okay...

Comparatively, I just bought a new 2010 Mazda 3 on monday.... I used Edmunds and got quotes from about 7 dealers... told them I was pre-approved and would buy on monday ( end of month, end of quarter ) and would take the best dealer quote. I ended up doing better than Costco program or another program I was considering. Got my new ride for $400 below invoice... Costco was about $200 over invoice. So i made out with a $600 savings... by doing my homework and timing it right.

Good luck! ;)
  • BMW540BMW540 Posts: 33
    Just got quoted $ 4500 worth of clunker cash.
    and, $350.00 a mo payments for 60 mo on a new Mazda 3 hatchback with Bose and moonroof. Hows that sound?
    BMW
    Well...

You've gotta give us more information than what your payment is. What's the total cost, and out the door after Tax, title and license? :)
  • r000r000 Posts: 53
    Doesn't sound very good...

The MSRP is $24,445
    Minus 4500, that puts you around $20000 retail. But who pays retail?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,916
    Your response contains about as much detail as his post, so I guess its appropriate. ;b

IF he did pay $20k after the government aid, add tax and tags, and even at 0% it would be $361/mo.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

Got 2 more quotes for 3 Hatchback with Bose and $200.00 paint option. $21250 + fees and $21034 + fees.$350.00 for 60 mos @ 3.9% $4500 clunker cash. ?????
    BMW
    In my last post I stated that the 3 dealers that I contacted were all about at the same pricing. Does this pricing sound correct. Is there any way to get it lower?
    BMW
  • vrmvrm Posts: 301
    Honda announced a new vehicle. Are there any spy pictures available?

07/07/2009 - Torrance, CA - An all-new crossover vehicle based on the award-winning Honda Accord will go on-sale in the fall of 2009 as the "Accord Crosstour," American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today. This new addition to the Honda lineup will be sold as a 2010 model. Additional information will be announced later in the year.

Host:
    We need a seperate category for this vehicle within the Honda Forum.
    Let the discussions begin!
  • Hi,
    I am looking for a luxury sedan. My budget is around $35,000, so I think that leaves me with 2007 models. Things are that are important to me (in order of importance are):
    1) Comfort (i am 6'5")
    2) Reliability
    3) Safety
    4) Gadgets (nav system, park assist, backup camera, bluetooth)
    5) Cost (Buying cost + cost to own)

I started out with 6 choices: Infiniti M35, MB E350, Lexus GS350, Acura TL, Audi A6, and BMW 535. Lexus and BMW were knocked out first. Lexus is too small for me, and BMW is all about performance instead of comfort/reliability. My top two choices right now are M35 and E350 (Acura seems to get lower scores than Infiniti, and Audi gets lower scores then MB).

What do people think? What I don't like about M35 is that it is a louder/rougher ride than MB. It also carried a lot less prestige then MB. However, it has a lot of options, is cheaper, and has a roomier cabin. MB gets much lower reliability scores and has fewer options, but is a smoother/quieter ride. Also, should I be spending time looking at Acura/Audi or are Infiniti/MB just better options.

Thanks
    I think that leaves me with 2007 models. Things are that are important to me (in order of importance are):
    1) Comfort (i am 6'5")
    2) Reliability
    3) Safety
    4) Gadgets (nav system, park assist, backup camera, bluetooth)
    5) Cost (Buying cost + cost to own)

Well you don't have to settle for a 2007 because the 2009 or 2010 Hyundai Genesis sedan (North American car of the year) seems like the perfect car for you. The Genesis 3.8 with the tech package is an upscale luxury sedan that rivals all of the models you mentioned. And when it comes time to stretch your legs the Genesis has no equal because it is even larger than the BMW 750 Li.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,916
    Problem I see with your suggestion is that the poster expressed at least some concern with "prestige."

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

Problem I see with your suggestion is that the poster expressed at least some concern with "prestige."

Good point, except the poster claims he can only afford $35K of second hand prestige.
    Also, reliability is the #2 requirement yet MB is on the short list. Some people will overlook anything to have that 3-pointed star in their driveway. :sick:
  • Thanks for your input.

Prestige is a concern to me, but not a huge one. I would rather have MB instead of Hyundai if all the other parameters are equal, but I would rather have the Hyundai if it is a better car. I was considering genesis, but I heard that it has a poor suspension and is very bumpy on rough roads (comfort is a major concern for me). The reason MB is on my short list despite reliability concerns is that so far it has been the most comfortable car to drive. I thought about getting a CPO MB so the warranty would counter the reliability issues. I will give Genesis another look since I hear a lot of people suggesting it (what about Azera? is Genesis much better?).
    The Azera is a good car but not in the class of cars you are considering.

The best way to find out if the Genesis' suspension is an issue for you is to take one for a long test drive, over a variety of road surfaces.

If you like how the MB drives the best, the CPO warranty would minimize the reliability concern.