Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z

Comments

• can anyone give me feedback on what would be the best price to pay for a '04 350Z Performance model. I am looking for one but don't know what price I should negotiate the dealer with. I am in the Bay Area. Thanks
  • jwilson1jwilson1 Posts: 956
    How interested are you in durability and resale, zwannab? Forced induction gives much more power but requires frequent skilled maintenance to keep the car running, it decreases the durability of an engine that wasn't designed for it, and it lowers the resale of the car since few people are interested in modifications for the reasons listed.

That said, it's your car. Actually the Pro-Charger seems to be the F/I package of choice right now, about $9000 installed. Yes, Vortech has a good reputation. A successful F/I install implies that you are a good mechanic and can do a lot of the maintenance on your own that doesn't require fancy diagnostic electronics, as well as being knowledgeable enough to cut out a lot of the time your uber mechanic will need for diagnostics; it also implies that you strengthen the engine internals so the engine won't have the hop-up tendency to blow up; and it also implies you plan to drive it until it fits in buckets or you simply don't care about resale. JW
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,116
    If you are expecting the Vortech to improve your 0-60 times, however, you will be sorely disappointed. That's not what this particular type of SC will do for you. It gives you HP at the shifting rpms, certainly nothing much down on the low end. You would need a "Rootes type" blower if you want better 0-60 times.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• The other day I saw a car in a parking lot that was labled as a "Nissal Skyline 350GT". It was a coupe. It looked just like the Infiniti G35 coupe in that it had a back seat. It also had the steering wheel on the "correct" side of the car to be in the US.

I have searched the web, and the only reference I can find is this:

http://press.nissan-global.com/NEW_SKYLINE_COUPE/EN/pressrelease.- html

This makes it sound like the Skyline 350GT coupe and sedan will be available soon. Since the price is listed in Yen, I am not sure about the location (ie, in the US or not>). I have searched the web, and I cannot find any additional information about this.

Does anyone else know anything?

The press release makes it sound like the sedan will have the 280hp version of the engine, which is what intersts me.

Thanks.
    Several companies (try japanparts.com maybe) have been importing Skyline badges and some people are replacing their Nissan/Infiniti logos with the JDM badging. There supposedly were also a couple of Skylines brought in (gray market) or so I hear. Lots of discussion on the Skyline on some of the G35-specific boards on the web. JW
  • Can the 350Z coupe's trunk accomodate a full size suitcase, and if so, is there room for anything else, like a duffle bag?
  • Im have trouble deciding on a 350z touring or track. After adding up all the options the track seem to be cheaper. Can someone explain the advantages of both and give your opinions.
         thanks
  • If you're going to modify the car from stock, you'll be better off with the touring option. If you like to keep it in stock and would like to run a few weekend races a year, then the track would be perfectly suited for that purpose. The Brembo brake from the track model and the Ray's wheels are worth the extra that is charged for. If you need these equipments, for looks or usage in races, then the Track is the way to go. Else, the touring model is perfectly great car too.

Enjoy!
  • Are people not at all interested in the 350z anymore or what? This board is so dead I can't believe. For the seldom people that do visit and post, no one ever responds.

Oh well, I guess its time to find some other forum.
    There are a number of boards dedicated to the 350Z. Edmund's is more focused on buying rather than on owning though recently the "club" approach seems to be trying to make that transition. JW
  • printzprintz Posts: 70
    Anybody hearing anything about any changes that might be made???....
    I don't know whether to buy a C5 Corvette(you can get 1 at practically invoice now) or a 350Z....With the 350Z, i'd be saving about 10,000...
  • Would you really save $10k over a Vette? In Los Angeles, I've seen ads for $11,000 off MSRP!
    I can get a 04 Commemorative Edition Vette(MSRP) 50,000, FOR 42,200(maybe less + tax)...A 350Z touring with aerodynamics pack, mud guards, floor mats for 32,000 + tax.....What would you do??....It's going to be my second car.....
  • If that's the best deal on a Vette you can get, then that's a lot of extra money. But I'm thinking you can get Corvettes for mid-30s right now. Apparently, dealerships are being allotted one C6 for every C5 they sell, so they are pushing them out the door.

I like the Corvette better, but I wouldn't push my budget for ten thousand extra dollars unless I could easily afford it. (and I definitely can't)
    I can get a C5 coupe in the mid 30's, but the commemorative edition is about 7,000 more...I'm not buying till April so I have time to think about it...Maybe by then I'll change my mind & keep my $$$$(I hope so, but I doubt it)......
  • Can't hurt to sit on it, but I don't think the commemorative edition is worth the extra money. That fancy hood can't be worth 7 grand.
  • zgirl1zgirl1 Posts: 11
    Regarding your paint issues and taking it up with the lemon Law, you will have a hard time in arbitration unless you can prove that the "default" is a safety issue. (which obviously it isn't) You can however claim that the "default" de-values the vehicle however you are going to have a tough time proving that your paint chips are not normal wear and tear. I drive four hours a day on the same roads that you drive and I have many paint chips. There is definitely less lead in the Nissan's paint therefore adding to the problem but I don't necessarily think there is anything you can do about that other than not purchase a Nissan product. I don't think your paint is any different than all the other Z's. As far as Crown, in all fairness they have handled all my (corporate) issues with the utmost professional service and I didn't buy my vehicle there I bought it at Lokey. Talk to Shawn the service Manager. if there is anything he can do for you, he will, but I assume this is an issue you need to take up with the Corporate Nissan office as I had to do.

Good luck
    The commemorative edition is a solid blue(nothing fancy on the hood)I know what you're talking about though.....It's got the 1SB package plus polished wheels, dual roof pieces......
    Does anyone know what the running changes were besides tinkering with the suspension...There were supposed to be interior upgrades, does anyone know what they were???....
  • scantyscanty Posts: 171
    See post #1477. They have added knee bolsters and changed the door over the dash opening (Nav unit location).

After seeing a roadster at the auto show with a sticker price >$39,000, the interior really stands out as a serious weak point on this car. Almost $40K for that? I don't think so. Nissan either needs to hire the interior design staff from Mazda or contract it out.
  • yorbayorba Posts: 4
    I posted this in another section but I will post my question here as well. Can the 350 carry 2 golf bags and two small suitcases like for a weekend getaway?
  • Today (2/16/04) after three months of debating I finally ordered my Silvertone 04 350Z Track w/ Nav. and side air bags. I believe I got a great deal. I was told by the dealer @ Lynnes Nissan in Bloomfield NJ that what I wanted was no where to be found within the NYC & NJ area. I told them that was fine and that I wanted it built, they said ok see you in 10 to 12 weeks. Actually, I wanted it built so that some of the problems would hopefully be fixed.

Can anyone tell me if I'm just going to be disappointed. Has Nissan rectifyed some of the problems they were having in 03 with toe & tire wear problems, and interior noises with the 04. Any information on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
  • drptopzdrptopz Posts: 1
    DEPENDS IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CONVERTIBLE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET TWO SMALL BAGS AND TWO GOLF CLUB SETS IN THE COUPE BUT THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD FIT IT INTO THE ROADSTER. HOPE I HELPED A LITTLE.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    A journalist is looking to interview consumers who have recently bought preowned sports cars. Why did you buy "used" and which car did they choose? Why that car? Did you realize a tremendous cost savings? Did you go for certified used? Please respond to newswiz@earthlink.net and/or jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, March 5 with your name, daytime contact information and some information about your vehicle.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kslim1kslim1 Posts: 3
    Hell no you wont be disapointed! I just bought a 2004 350z silverstone and get head turns all day long. People think it's a Porche Carrera or something. They obviously arent car experts oe anything but I could see how they could confuse them. I personaly think it's the roughest looking, hottest car on the market hands down.Fricken awesome baby, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wendykwendyk Posts: 1
    Husband bought me a little surprise for our 26th wedding anniversary....what an awesome car! Winter was a little tricky but spring has come to the midwest and we've dropped the top already a few times. We have a Maxima for the snowy-icy days. My question and I'm not getting much help (naturally) from the dealer...start your car, make sure the radio is off...what is that hissing sound that starts after about 2-3 seconds? We tried 2 other Z's at the dealer and they both made that sound and we couldn't shut it off. Personally, since the Bose audio system just does not sound right to me, I think the sound is coming from there...maybe speaker/amplifier not hooked up exactly right. Sound seems like something is missing...has no true depth of sound, like mid-range tones are gone???? I did find that there was a service bulletin for the 2003 Z's manufactured prior to 9/27/2002 stating that IF the customer requested it, they would replace, in conjunction/cooperation with Bose, the amplifier. I'm no great music expert but I can tell the difference between a Bose and a little $40. 5 year-old Sony Walkman, and the walkman is sounding better to me right now. Anyone else have any similar complaints???
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    But what do you really think about the Z?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,116
    kslim1 is new here and he may not fully understand the posting process yet. I sent him a note and removed his multiple posts.

shifty

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• zzz350zzz350 Posts: 44
    than was needed. Thanks for the update.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Straight from the editors - Nissan published a TSB on April 12, 2004 Reference NTB04-043 "2003 350Z Front Wheel Alignment Warranty Extension" and it has been sent to the dealers.

If you confirm:

An applied vehicle has excessive front tire "roar" or "growl" noise under the following conditions:
    -When braking moderately
    -At speeds below 30 mph
    -On smooth road surfaces

....the TSB is quite long. We will be posting a summary version or notice of it in the Ownership section of the site. If you would like the entire TSB (21 pages) please contact your dealer.