Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask the M&R Host for directions!

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    webartwebart Member Posts: 5
    I have a GMC Safari AWD that just started with this problem ; When i try to start it in the am wether the battery is charged or not i get chattering like the relay isn't staying in, and then it stops . If I keep turning the key on and of and on it will eventually start after 4 -8 times. I tried a new starter but had the same problem. I found the positive post corroded and broke it while cleaning it so I cut it off at the cable end and installed a new one.I had Checker check the battery and alternator to be sure they were ok and they said yes. Still the same problem. I am not sure where to go next ,to the distributor and module or to the hold in,up fitter and starter relays in the fuse box or the ignition switch. Can some one point me in the right direction? I appreciate any help. Bill.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Hi Bill,

I think you should post this in our No Start topic.

Shifty the Host
  • Options
    Thanks, how do I do that without retyping the whole thing?
  • Options
    Just copy your original post with your browser, then hit the link I provided and click "paste" into the message box provided---like you did in your last message here.
  • Options
    Thanks . I think its in there and I'll wait to see what happens.
  • Options
    gcook1gcook1 Member Posts: 1
    How do you test a blower motor.

Thanks
    gcook1
  • Options
    gregmazgregmaz Member Posts: 2
    I have a Mazda 2001 ES Tribute. One of my dashboard indicator lights is on. I purchased the car from Carmax and did not receive an owners manual. The indicator light in question is next to the temperature gauge in the Tribute. It is the fifth light, under the air bag deployment indicator light. The symbol looks like a radiator or battery. Does anyone know what this light indicates when it comes on. The light does not stay on. It only comes one after the car has been running for several minutes.
  • Options
    you'd want to post this question here:

Mazda Tribute Topic

Shifty the Host
  • Options
    futbol1futbol1 Member Posts: 4
    The check engine light just came on while driving my 1997 3.0 CL. It has 99,000 miles and I'm planning to drive it for at least another 100k miles. The owner's manual tells me that it may be problem with the emission control sensor. I don't want to take it to the dealer because I've been ripped off in the past. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    You probably should post that question here:

Check Engine Light Topic

You can usually get your car's computer codes read for free at Autozone. Without the code, you're in the dark.

MrShiftright
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Mr Shiftright. I checked with autozone in Miami, Dade county, Florida. For some reason Dade County doesn't allow Autozone to check for codes. However, Autozone is allowed to do it at the next county, Broward. In Dade county, Autozone will rent the computer to you for $78.00. Once you do it yourself you return the computer and get a refund. I found a place in Miami that will check the codes for free. I plan to do it today. Thanks.
  • Options
    there you go--post the results in the Check Engine Light topic then.
  • Options
    jriegerjrieger Member Posts: 8
    Hello,
    I have a 2002 Lincoln LS and am wanting to replace incondescent bulbs with LED's. I have found that my car is sending pulsed current to my bulbs wnen the car is not running. The LED's actually pulse about 15-20 times per second. This is not noticable in the inc. bulbs because of the slowness of the cooling of the element.
    Does anyone have a reason for this? Anyone you can suggest I speak with. ALSO, do I have to return to this forum to find responses to my question, or do I merely sign in?
  • Options
    I had the computer hooked up to my CL at Giant Tire in Miami. Result: Code PO401, Insufficient EGR flow detected. It can be corrected at the dealer for over $1000. Or maybe replace the catalytic converter for a cheaper price. The mechanic said that if the car is running good wait until you detect any problem then look for a solution.
  • Options
    You should try posting your question here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef17b29

If you want to post, you have to sign in, yes, but you can read without signing in if you wish.

regards,

MrShiftright
    Host
  • Options
    This might be a good place for you to post your question:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ee9949a

And no, I don't think it's good advice to ignore a check engine light.
  • Options
    cutehumorcutehumor Member Posts: 137
    hi,

I'm looking for the topic "to fix or junk" I found to fix or trade up. but it was an old topic from the old forum.
  • Options
    Here you go:

To Fix or Trade Up?
This discussion has been closed.