Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Convertible

1789101113»

Comments

• scotth7scotth7 Posts: 4
    I have not had the issue with the glass separating from the canvas. I have had a 2004 and have had the followin gissues on my converible:

New transmission at 30,000 miles
    ignition coils replaced
    radio antenna went out after 4 hours (short in the wire, $600 to fix, I let it go)
    hinges on the glove box broke (cheap plastic) (want $300 to replace)
    hinges on the center compartment broke
    air conditioner has slow leak

Needless to say I will never buy another audi!
  • amh3amh3 Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a 2005 Audi A4 3.0 Conv, 71K miles and has been serviced at the Audi dealer. I realize that I might be in for some issues in the near future, but it is running well now. The only problem that I have is that I am cramped in leg space when driving over 2 hours, as I am 6 feet tall with long legs.

May be interested in trading this for a new car.

Can anyone offer advice?

PS: my antenna wire went a few months ago, the wire cracked where it goes into the trunk lid. The dealer wanted over $700 to replace it, I had a local car radio shop splice in a repair patch, same wire as the Porsche, $100, works great.
  • I think I must have a lemon with all the issues I have had with my Conv. If yours is running well I would keep it unless the leg issue is one you will have to deal with a lot.

on the radio wire, what type of radio shop. do you mean one that installs car stereos etc.
  • kahuna06kahuna06 Posts: 1
    Starting in '07 the Cabriolet switched engines from the 3.0 to the 3.2, which was a serious upgrade - same engine found in A6, Q7, etc. That V6 3.2 powerplant was a mainstay of the Audi fleet this decade and won critical acclaim before the new turbo line that came out recently. In fact I sold my '05 A4 Cab after enjoying the ignition coil problem, among several other minor problems - and upgraded to an '08 Cab, basically for the engine. The old V8 3.0 uses belts while the newer V8 3.2 is on a timing chain, so the belt service alone will save me a couple grand of shop service. So far so good, no issues - and I feel much more confident about keeping the car over the long term.
1789101113»